Hassle at hydro store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyFreshB

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been hassled at a hydro store for buying stuff. I wanna go pick up some fox farm nutes at my local hydro store (never been there before), but I don't look like the kinda guy that grows strawberries at home. I was wondering if anyone got any questions like "Oh, what are you growing?"

I dont know man, my hydro store sells everything from papers to blunts to bongs to full set ups... im a regular, if not picking up a blunt on my lunchbreak or a bottle of nutes in a bag, nobody's watching.

But the guy behind the counter always asks how my tomato plants are doing, hes a nice guy, and the only other people ive ever seen in there are the types who look like they've just entered an alternate reality where suddenly all this paraphinalia is right in there face, and there not sure whether they should even be browsing lol

I'm figuring they don't care, because they are making a sale. Sometimes you get really friendly people that want to talk. I don't want to be standing there like an idiot going "uhmmm" when i get asked "hey whatcha growin man?"

yeah lol, they probably dont care, but if they ask just say veg ;), but most likely if there decent folk (i have yet to meet an *** behind the counter of a grow shop) they wont even ask.

hehe, in all my years, I've never had a smoke shop or hydro shop person ask me boo about anything I was doing. They know already what I'm doing. It's not very hard to figure out by what I'm buying. Most look mildly amused. I think it's because of my age.

For someone to be tacky enough to ask, they should get an appropriate reply; "I'm growing corn".

hehe, I'd love to see a hydro setup that was big enough to grow corn in.

I mean enough corn to matter. hehe

Tell em herbs and maters...the purchase and walk out. It's really none of there business. If they want your money why even ask.

Maybe it was an innocent question? Why get offended? Tell em' you're growing Mexican Jalpeno's on a stick. Talk to the guy, you may make a smokin buddy.

louis said:
Maybe it was an innocent question? Why get offended

A guy working in a hydro store should know better than to ask someone something that would require them to say they were breaking the law if they answered truthfully.

Or maybe a narc or leo?

And your best friend could be an informant, maybe he was just trying to be sociable, when you go to the store, isn't it nice when they add the extra effort to be friendly? I used to work in a convienience store, and whenever someone was buyin a blunt I would say somethin like "You're not using this to smoke the reefer, are you?" People knew I was just playin around, I knew they wouldn't tell me.... But it makes the day go by faster.

I get ten percent off at my hydro store. Maybe it's because I am friendly or because I spend so much damn cash there... haha.

:farm: I've been to the hydro store by my house a few times and theyv'e always been like":welcome:" and never have asked me anything about what I'm growing or buying my equipment for....and I've spent quite a bit there....Even if they did I would just tell them that I'm growing herbs indoors because I have too many dogs and other animals in my yard....eventhough it's like the old saying goes..."The customer is always right" and that includes privacy of purchase as well I think.......:confused2:

Heck, if they ask, just say you're buying the stuff for your grandma. ;)

no man, I doubt if you'll get any trouble since you're a customer. if you go there just to spot things out they might be suspicious, but you're a paying customer, and if you're paying, they're happy. I was in a local hydro store and everyone one there was growing..You could tell, I actually gave a lot of tips to everyone there along with the guy that worked there. No, I'd say I'm an outcast as well, and I've never been mistreated or looked down upon
The ones that know you're growing herb, are the ones that are smoking it.

p.s. tell them you're growing tomatoes, and herbs. that always works for me.

i would say im doing an expirement with flavored herb.. and if they said anything bout weed id say.... " daymit i left my cannibus card at home!" "i herd u give discounts with that"

also sorry i didnt post this earlier... i was told if u buy a hydro setup or anything they "put your name on a list?" i was told they do that with stuff u buy online... also i was told if u do it down at a local store too is that true?... i mean i herd thats how the leo gets tipped off is the reason they do that?...

Yeah that's right I forgot.....I've even gotten advice and tips on what works best for bud from the dudes that work there.....then again the part of SoCal that I'm in , everyone smokes.....even Jhonny Law(police).....:rofl:.....4 real though they do....i've seen it......:cop::bong1:

I've been told that hydro stores have a very niche market. If you're not there to grow bud, then you represent a small % of their clients.

you can tell alot about a hydro shop by the kind of nutes they carry, thats all im sayin

sunday morning when i went to the hydro store to get my FF products When i got the Tri-pack the worker waz helping with the rest told me the kind of soil and even sugested that i get a Ph tester kit. They didnt even ask what im growing, waz cause i jus got done smoking a blunt on the way there(gots to have my 1st smoke of the day) and i know a fellow stoner when i see one the worker and his wife waz high. And when i waz leaving they both said "Happy Growing" they dont care what you grow as long as you got the $

Latest posts

Back