Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey bro,whats you $.02 on not changin the res evry week during the seedling stage? i got another thread goin on it.growdammits usin that recipe for succes and hasnt changed the res for 4 weeks,he's changin it today to be safe or whatever but is this a good idea? does the res have to be changed weekly during the early stage of growth? were tryin to get all we can outta them small bottles in the kit.also what about strengths,how did you go about usin that system.im all ears bro-good lookin out-peace

Well how big are your plants? I think they will be good in the 3 gal pots but 5 gal would be better. Those roots that are cuming out are just the prob roots, thats norml that dosent mean that its full of roots just the prob root checkin out things. If you have the room transplant to 5 gallon, give a few days to adjust thin switch to 12/12. But if not i think you will be ok, but remimber after you pull your males you will have extra room, but you dont want to transplant after switching to 12/12 becouse it would stress the plant out. Theres really not much root growth after its bin in flower for 10-14 days. I hope this answered your question... Good luck.
Tom O'Bedlam said:
TIMMY!! and anyone else reading this...

I'm going insane over my containers. I read that 3 gal would be OK for a straight up indoor grow. My plants all look pretty good, but I'm noticing itty bitty white roots coming down to the drainage holes. I read on this site that this means it's transplant time...but I don't have the space to keep increasing my container size, and I still don't know the sex of anyone yet. Also, if I transplant once I konw the sex, should I wait a bit to let the plant recover before switching to 12/12?

Well i like to switch every week to replinish all the goodies. But if you wanted to you could just keep checking the PPM and PH and adjusting every week, but i wouldnot segest it. You see there could be algee growth or pests in the water also could have a salt build up.. I would say just to be on the safe side change every week, no need to be lazy, thats all your doing. Your still going to be using the same amount of nuts. And with the strengths, you kinda need to know what your doing, i would not segest anyone new to this... And i dont really want to say it becouse you guys will hurt your plants...
Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
hey bro,whats you $.02 on not changin the res evry week during the seedling stage? i got another thread goin on it.growdammits usin that recipe for succes and hasnt changed the res for 4 weeks,he's changin it today to be safe or whatever but is this a good idea? does the res have to be changed weekly during the early stage of growth? were tryin to get all we can outta them small bottles in the kit.also what about strengths,how did you go about usin that system.im all ears bro-good lookin out-peace

thats kinda what i was thinking,but how much nutrients do the plants actually need in the seedling stage? what do you keep your ppm levels at?
he said they have had no negative reaction to not changing it,i wouldnt not change the res because of laziness,if i did it,i'd do it to try to get all i could outta them bottles.i'd say it'd be from being cheap,rather than lazy =)
i mean..im orderin a couple kits so i should be good,but what bottle in the recipe do you usually run out of 1'st? -peace bro

Well during the seedling stage you dont really need all the additives, just give the grow and thrive alive. And me i did not go to the schedule. I read about each additive and figured out when and how much to give it. But if i were you i would follow it to the t. They know what they are doing... Im sorry if i cant help you moor. Theres just way too many variables to consider.

Timmy man! Remember my Nute burn... Leaves curled up and getting brown??? Well, it's getting worse man... Smaller leaves have dried out completely and bigger ones are shrinking badly... Looks like she isn't getting better... My other plant seems fine... Like it hasn't suffered any damage... and they are in the same Pot... I am thinking it's more the nutes I've been giving... Not so much my setup... Is there anything I can do to save her?? If I can flush her? How do I flush?? Is distilled water good to flush?? Thanx for Your time man!

hey guys.. ima newb lol..i been studyin this grow **** for a while now and i havent seem to have come across a plain and simple answer to the question. what is the purpose of a "ballast"?, i mean what does it do (in plain english plz), and is it necessary? thanks in advance

-Lucky Left

hi timmy,as you know i have coolin issues also.i have the 3.5x3.5x6.7 grow tent.it has an opening at the very right top,1 at the top right corner and 1 at the very bottom front left corner.could you please tell me hot to properly vent this.i want to vent the reflector also.i will get the flanges today sometime.i also need to have the charcoal filter i have,hooked up in this mess somehow.i am sure iprobably have to buy another blower.the guy talked me into buying 2 new 180 cfm active air blowers.so thats what i have.2 blowers,1 filter,i 400w light.ventable hood. many thanks on this my friend

Well did you do what i said? For 1, you cant have moor than 1 plant per pot. What nuts are you giving it? yes flush, and you should be giving them nothing but distilled water,
nikimadritista said:
Timmy man! Remember my Nute burn... Leaves curled up and getting brown??? Well, it's getting worse man... Smaller leaves have dried out completely and bigger ones are shrinking badly... Looks like she isn't getting better... My other plant seems fine... Like it hasn't suffered any damage... and they are in the same Pot... I am thinking it's more the nutes I've been giving... Not so much my setup... Is there anything I can do to save her?? If I can flush her? How do I flush?? Is distilled water good to flush?? Thanx for Your time man!

Ok, can you take a picture of your tent or send me a link to where i can see the tent... Thanx.
andy52 said:
hi timmy,as you know i have coolin issues also.i have the 3.5x3.5x6.7 grow tent.it has an opening at the very right top,1 at the top right corner and 1 at the very bottom front left corner.could you please tell me hot to properly vent this.i want to vent the reflector also.i will get the flanges today sometime.i also need to have the charcoal filter i have,hooked up in this mess somehow.i am sure iprobably have to buy another blower.the guy talked me into buying 2 new 180 cfm active air blowers.so thats what i have.2 blowers,1 filter,i 400w light.ventable hood. many thanks on this my friend

Seriously? I am sorry, i don't want to be mean. Can you please not post questions you can easily figure out yourself. Before you post here, try going to google and finding it first.
lucky left said:
hey guys.. ima newb lol..i been studyin this grow **** for a while now and i havent seem to have come across a plain and simple answer to the question. what is the purpose of a "ballast"?, i mean what does it do (in plain english plz), and is it necessary? thanks in advance

-Lucky Left

Timmyjg6 said:
Well did you do what i said? For 1, you cant have moor than 1 plant per pot. What nuts are you giving it? yes flush, and you should be giving them nothing but distilled water,

Well I got some distilled water today... Gonna flush them in a few minutes... Haven't flushed a plant before and it makes me a little nervous.. Hippy says I should Use three times the amount of water to pot size... Say if my pot is 12lt I should flush with 36lt... And thats a lot of water... Hope it won't hurt them....
Nutes I am using are called - Anthorama - Smth I got in the local flower shop... Greek brand - I'm almost sure U haven't heard of it... Green liquid you pour straight on the soil.... I was more conserned of the Ingredients than the Brand name... And since the ratio was 5-10-5 I though that should do...
I may order smth better for my lowrider grow next...
Oh and I realized two plants in one pot was a mistake... I was simply trying to save space... My grow room is pretty small :D
Thanks for answering Timmy... I'll let ya know how the flush goes :D
Cheers!

OK, its probably the ferts your using. I definitely would not use them at all any moor. Go to htgsupply.com and grab the 3 part fox farms ferts. And when you flush, do it slowely. And take your time. Next time go with just one plant if you dont have the space. Never ever ever for any dam reason unless they are clones put 2 plants per pot... Good luck bro, and if you have an y moor q's hit me up...
nikimadritista said:
Well I got some distilled water today... Gonna flush them in a few minutes... Haven't flushed a plant before and it makes me a little nervous.. Hippy says I should Use three times the amount of water to pot size... Say if my pot is 12lt I should flush with 36lt... And thats a lot of water... Hope it won't hurt them....
Nutes I am using are called - Anthorama - Smth I got in the local flower shop... Greek brand - I'm almost sure U haven't heard of it... Green liquid you pour straight on the soil.... I was more conserned of the Ingredients than the Brand name... And since the ratio was 5-10-5 I though that should do...
I may order smth better for my lowrider grow next...
Oh and I realized two plants in one pot was a mistake... I was simply trying to save space... My grow room is pretty small :D
Thanks for answering Timmy... I'll let ya know how the flush goes :D
Cheers!

Timmy, will mixed mediums work in a flood and drain system?

we took several of our clones that have been vegging for 2 weeks in 1 gallon round containers with peat/perlite medium over to a friend for space and light issues. he has a flood and drain system. we have square 1.5 gal containers filled 3 or 4 inches with a high silica hydro growing medium, and have then placed the round containers inside of the square containers where the bottom of the round container( that the plant has been growing in) is resting on the top of the hydro medium. our hopes are that by flooding the hydro medium with a set schedule, the roots will grow down and out of the peat/perlite medium and its container into the hydro rocks.

will this work?

I know how that goes bro, but yeah as long as your checking your PH and PPm's you should be able to grow in petty much anything.. Good luck bro.
juice meat said:
i wish i had some pics, but the ex stole my camera

Timmy,i Do Not Have Access To A Camera Right Now.but I Bought The Tent From Cheaphydroponics.i Also Bought Another Fan Today,a 400 Something Cfm.just Forgot To Buy A Flange For It,dumb Me.i Hooked The 1 Fan From The Top Of Tent To The Reflector,straight Thru The Light Out Back To The Top.keeps The Reflector Cool As Can Be,i Can Lay My Hand On It.but If I Close The Tent For 20 Mins,it Gets Back In The 90s.i Asked Somewhere Else.but Its Rather Hot Here.could I Suck Air From The Basement,thru The Tent And Out.its Alot Cooler In The Basement Than Anyother Choices I Have.other Than Getting A Portable Air Conditioner.help Thanks Bud

Im in week 7 of veg of Kush, afghan and soopa haze. Hoping to get a mother but not sure when to pick leaves of the plant.
From what I understand, you want to pick leaves from a female but you dont know if its female until flower. SO when it shows its sex should I put the plant back into veg stage? Or is it better to let that plant bloom and keep its clones/leaves to grow to be a mother?

Afghan#1 said:
Im in week 7 of veg of Kush, afghan and soopa haze. Hoping to get a mother but not sure when to pick leaves of the plant.
From what I understand, you want to pick leaves from a female but you dont know if its female until flower. SO when it shows its sex should I put the plant back into veg stage? Or is it better to let that plant bloom and keep its clones/leaves to grow to be a mother?

It is never wise to "pick leaves". Leaves are the energy supply for the entire plant.

Hick you crack me up.. And yeah i know how you feel when people ask questions that are so out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back