Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay bro, you need to go and do a little moor research before asking Q's like that. For, 1 you don't make clones by plucking the leaves off... Sorry bro, i just like people to try and find the answer before asking in here. And i can tell you have done no research..
Afghan#1 said:
Im in week 7 of veg of Kush, afghan and soopa haze. Hoping to get a mother but not sure when to pick leaves of the plant.
From what I understand, you want to pick leaves from a female but you dont know if its female until flower. SO when it shows its sex should I put the plant back into veg stage? Or is it better to let that plant bloom and keep its clones/leaves to grow to be a mother?

Timmy, got my temps down to 83. Glass is still about 15 in. from the canopy. I ordered an 8 in. 590 CFM fan from some great guys. However they told me that there is no way I can get a 1000w bulb 4-5 inches away from the canopy. They said this is the biggest fan they sold and should be capable of cooling 3 1000w lamps efficiently. So my question is is the penetrating power of a 1000w lamp able to get the light to the canopy well. I have noticed that my nodes are no longer coming out one right on top of the other. Before when they were under my T5's they were literaly stacked one on top of the other. Now they are more like a third of an inch apart. Also my res ph is constantly rising. If I set the ph to 5.9, 8 hours later it is back up to 6.1. What would cause this swing in ph? I am using 1/3 strength nutes right now and plan to gradually bump them up every res change. By the way it is an aerojet system.

OK i would set it up like this...
andy52 said:
Timmy,i Do Not Have Access To A Camera Right Now.but I Bought The Tent From Cheaphydroponics.i Also Bought Another Fan Today,a 400 Something Cfm.just Forgot To Buy A Flange For It,dumb Me.i Hooked The 1 Fan From The Top Of Tent To The Reflector,straight Thru The Light Out Back To The Top.keeps The Reflector Cool As Can Be,i Can Lay My Hand On It.but If I Close The Tent For 20 Mins,it Gets Back In The 90s.i Asked Somewhere Else.but Its Rather Hot Here.could I Suck Air From The Basement,thru The Tent And Out.its Alot Cooler In The Basement Than Anyother Choices I Have.other Than Getting A Portable Air Conditioner.help Thanks Bud

untitled.JPG

Well 1000W lights have amazing penetrating power and 15" is not that far away so your nodes should be stacking. And the guys at the store prob don't know what they are saying, when i had mine i could have my plants touching the glass and nothing would happen. I just needed to spread the light a little moor because i had a wide plant. If the glass is cool than you could drop it till it was touching. But you have a 1000W i am not sure how hot those get. But i am sure once you get that blower you can lower the light moor. Also about your ph, ph fluctuation is normal, thas why i checked mine every other day or so. If you use tap it seems to do it faster than if you used distiled. So you can try using distiled if you want. Good luck bro.
BuddyLuv said:
Timmy, got my temps down to 83. Glass is still about 15 in. from the canopy. I ordered an 8 in. 590 CFM fan from some great guys. However they told me that there is no way I can get a 1000w bulb 4-5 inches away from the canopy. They said this is the biggest fan they sold and should be capable of cooling 3 1000w lamps efficiently. So my question is is the penetrating power of a 1000w lamp able to get the light to the canopy well. I have noticed that my nodes are no longer coming out one right on top of the other. Before when they were under my T5's they were literaly stacked one on top of the other. Now they are more like a third of an inch apart. Also my res ph is constantly rising. If I set the ph to 5.9, 8 hours later it is back up to 6.1. What would cause this swing in ph? I am using 1/3 strength nutes right now and plan to gradually bump them up every res change. By the way it is an aerojet system.

Timmyjg6 said:
Well 1000W lights have amazing penetrating power and 15" is not that far away so your nodes should be stacking. And the guys at the store prob don't know what they are saying, when i had mine i could have my plants touching the glass and nothing would happen. I just needed to spread the light a little moor because i had a wide plant. If the glass is cool than you could drop it till it was touching. But you have a 1000W i am not sure how hot those get. But i am sure once you get that blower you can lower the light moor. Also about your ph, ph fluctuation is normal, thas why i checked mine every other day or so. If you use tap it seems to do it faster than if you used distiled. So you can try using distiled if you want. Good luck bro.

I am using RO water from the store. It seems to have stabilized a little. At first it would rise by .5 every 8-12 hours. Now it only seems to be rising by .2 every 8-12 hours. Also would this fluctuation effect them in any negative way? They seemed to have been slow growing for the first two days of being transplanted into the system. I now have 8 in. roots coming from some of the net pots and most of them have started to turn around as far as drooping and growth. Some have not fully recovered. I have one that seems to curl it's leaves in on itself while others push them straight towards the light. I have noticed that the structure of this pheno is completely different from the other's from the same pack of beans. Also Ihave noticed that now they are starting to get branches at the nodes, where as before there was no side growth. I haven't lined the walls yet, waiting till I get the temps under control. Do you think the mylar will help in anyway?

Timmyjg6 said:
Hay bro, you need to go and do a little moor research before asking Q's like that. For, 1 you don't make clones by plucking the leaves off... Sorry bro, i just like people to try and find the answer before asking in here. And i can tell you have done no research..

Aww man, I did type out the word "plcuK" but I only meant it in short form. I know I have to use a razor blade and cut at a 45 degree angle. The thing is Im not concerned about clones, I guess. SOrry it came off that way but ive done research on cloning but i couldnt find anything about producing a mother.
My question is about producing a mother plant. SHould I flower until the plant shows sex and then revert it back to flower? or should I cut off a clone when it is in flower stage and then make that a mother?

You need to take a clone from her and place it into 12/12.. And if that clone becomes female than youve got a girl... You know you dont clone leaves right...!
Afghan#1 said:
Aww man, I did type out the word "plcuK" but I only meant it in short form. I know I have to use a razor blade and cut at a 45 degree angle. The thing is Im not concerned about clones, I guess. SOrry it came off that way but ive done research on cloning but i couldnt find anything about producing a mother.
My question is about producing a mother plant. SHould I flower until the plant shows sex and then revert it back to flower? or should I cut off a clone when it is in flower stage and then make that a mother?

Well fluctiation is an every day thing for us hydro growers. Just part of the tec. And there will be a stunted growth every time you transplant a plant. If the leaves are curling it could be from the heat. You might want to try misting with cool water untill you can keep the temps down. Also you sometimes get phonos that seem to be a complete dif strain and it prac is. Those are bad. they are ok to grow out but i wouldent clone one or keep one as a mother. If you buy good quality seeds than you have a better chance of this not happining. Those can cause problems with nuts and stunting and such. If it becomes a real prob you might want to consider kiling it and saving moor light for the othes. And i would place your mylar up ASAP to get maximum amount of light to them leaves. But if your walls are white than it wont make too big of a difrence.. Good luck bro.
BuddyLuv said:
I am using RO water from the store. It seems to have stabilized a little. At first it would rise by .5 every 8-12 hours. Now it only seems to be rising by .2 every 8-12 hours. Also would this fluctuation effect them in any negative way? They seemed to have been slow growing for the first two days of being transplanted into the system. I now have 8 in. roots coming from some of the net pots and most of them have started to turn around as far as drooping and growth. Some have not fully recovered. I have one that seems to curl it's leaves in on itself while others push them straight towards the light. I have noticed that the structure of this pheno is completely different from the other's from the same pack of beans. Also Ihave noticed that now they are starting to get branches at the nodes, where as before there was no side growth. I haven't lined the walls yet, waiting till I get the temps under control. Do you think the mylar will help in anyway?

Timmyjg6 said:
You need to take a clone from her and place it into 12/12.. And if that clone becomes female than youve got a girl... You know you dont clone leaves right...!

Yes I am aware of that. One clones the stem/branch, preferably a few nodes above the bottom of the plant. It should have a few other leaves on the stem/branch which should be removed. Those spots where leaaves were are supposed ot be the new spots for root growth.
Thnx Timmy

Just checking bro, no offinse.
Afghan#1 said:
Yes I am aware of that. One clones the stem/branch, preferably a few nodes above the bottom of the plant. It should have a few other leaves on the stem/branch which should be removed. Those spots where leaaves were are supposed ot be the new spots for root growth.
Thnx Timmy

Cool bro, let me know if you need anything...
Afghan#1 said:
No worries, I was in my late night slumber and my train of thought wasnt all there LOL.

Timmyjg6 said:
OK i would set it up like this...

i can not tell by the diagram if you have the filter hooked up to this confuguration or not.also all my fans,blowers are 4inch. flanged.guess i could buy 4 to 6 adapters,?? is this picture with the blower inside the tent? sorry for being so dumb on this.just not mechanically inclined.thanks bro

Yes the square is the tent and that's just a top view of it. The filter and the blower should be mounted at the very top of the tent but inside of it. And you'll need a pretty strong blower for this. You should get one of these. Link

thanks timmy,that sure sounds good.i have thought of so many different scenarios to do this that i screwed my ownself up,lol you made it so simple.thanks very much.i agree the 6 in. blower on the link looks good and cheap.i will buy 1 asap.

Please take a look at this photo and tell me if you know the reason these leaves are curling up in this particular way. It seems to be mainly newer leaves on two of my three plants that don't seem to be fully unfurling. I guess they eventually pop out like normal, so maybe it's just the way young leaves are during flowering or something, but I just want to make sure it's not a sign of something I need to keep an eye on. Thanks!

IMG_1843s.jpg

No prob bro. And hay. You can throw those 4"ers into the open holes to pull air into the tent.
andy52 said:
thanks timmy,that sure sounds good.i have thought of so many different scenarios to do this that i screwed my ownself up,lol you made it so simple.thanks very much.i agree the 6 in. blower on the link looks good and cheap.i will buy 1 asap.

Well i see the tips of the leaves changing colors. Could be nutrient burn. But could be a few things. Check the temps, make sure they dont go over 85 deg at the top of the plant, not the room... Also is this in soil or hydro. What brand of mediom and are you checking the ph? Check these and get back to me.
Albrecht said:
Please take a look at this photo and tell me if you know the reason these leaves are curling up in this particular way. It seems to be mainly newer leaves on two of my three plants that don't seem to be fully unfurling. I guess they eventually pop out like normal, so maybe it's just the way young leaves are during flowering or something, but I just want to make sure it's not a sign of something I need to keep an eye on. Thanks!

Yeah Timmy,thats Exactly What I Did.went Got The 6 This Morn And Hooked Her Up Like You Said And Presto,magic.its Doing The Job That Way And Have It Filtered Too.appreciate It My Friend.

Timmyjg6 said:
Well i see the tips of the leaves changing colors. Could be nutrient burn. But could be a few things. Check the temps, make sure they dont go over 85 deg at the top of the plant, not the room... Also is this in soil or hydro. What brand of mediom and are you checking the ph? Check these and get back to me.

I had some problems with nute burn about a month ago, but I flushed both plants and have majorly cut back on feeding. There is no discoloration on any of the leaves in that pic though, so what I think you're seeing is just a matter of the lighting and camera settings.

But I think heat is the culprit. I finally found my digital thermometer, and was surprised to see temps in my room at 100f. I was thinking they'd be more like 88, not sure how accurate this thermo is, but I know I definitely have a problem with how close my light is to my plants. I managed to rearrange it today to get about 3-4 more inches of clearance, but my 600 watt HPS is still no more than 6" or so from the tops of my plants. I have them tied back so they're further away, and one fan blowing on the light directly and another blowing against the tops of the plants as well as a large fan blowing air into the room, but I don't have a fan set up specifically for exhaust. One of my plants loves it and is thriving, it's the other two whose buds haven't grown much the last couple weeks that I'm more concerned about. They were also the ones that suffered some nute burn, so they might just be extra stressed, which is slowing down their development compared to the third plant. But besides heat, could the plants be hungry for more nutes? This is a soil grow btw. Check my grow journal if you want.

So I have two other questions. I'm using 5 gallon paint buckets for pots of two of my plants. To flush them, I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom, and then placed them inside a second 5 gallon bucket to catch run off. Should I worry about algea or anything in the water that drains through the soil? It would be a real hassle to remove the plants at this stage to empty the drainage bucket, but I'd do it if it needs to be donw.

Second question, I'm working out of town for half the week. I watered my babies really good monday morning, than got back Wedns afternoon, and obviously they were very thirsty, drooping and such. But not wilting or anything, just thirsty, and they picked right back up after I watered them. But can it cause more stress for these plants to get real thirsty like that? They're only going about two days between waterings, but they seem to like to be watered every day, about 18 hours apart or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back