Have a Question? Post it here and i will answer it. On from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri Cen time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i too am awaiting blowers to hook all my stuff up.can i hang the charcoal filter and run ducting from the fliter to the reflector and then on the other end of the reflector run ducting out to an exhaust fan???will this work? then use the other blower i have to blow into the tent from outside??curious

I've seen it used in Aero before and I found the post I was looking for. 3ml per gallon. To maintain a clean system. I Flushed and put the H2O2 in and today they are great!
Thanks

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
i suggest ionic for newbies.use ionic grow during veg,and bloom/boost for flowering. you determine when its time to harvest by the color of the trichs.thrichomes are the fuzz that forms on the leaves and buds.you need to use a jewelers loupe or a handheld microscope to determine the color of em.it depends on what type of buzz your goin for.if you harvest when most ofthe trich are amber in color,youll have more of a couch lock high,if you havest when 50% are cloudy and 50% amber you'll have a high that is a mix between a head,energentic high and a couch lock high...depends on what kinda high you like. hope this helps ya better understand.i'd definitly do a few hours of reading/learning through the forum.this forum is loaded w/ info..expecially for newbies.(no offense) we answer the same ?'s for newbies every week it seems.not that we hate helpin out newbies,we just wish more people would spend more time reading/learning. our boy timmy is a big help around the forum,he loves to help someone in need of advise.hes taught me alot,but i never asked him anything without trying to find out the answer myself first. anyways,good luck bud-peace
:yeahthat:, lol.

There are like three new pages since this morning. Good going Timmy, sounds like you put in a long day. I was reading here this morning, and You sure know bout pretty much the hole kaboodle. I think you are doing a great job.

Yeah, but the funny thing that most people dont know about me is.
1. im only 20 yrs old
2. Iv never finished a complete grow
3. Only got into growing in feb, so 6 months ago...

I just read and learn, its mainly bec. of this forum, Google, and a couple mentours.
tcbud said:
There are like three new pages since this morning. Good going Timmy, sounds like you put in a long day. I was reading here this morning, and You sure know bout pretty much the hole kaboodle. I think you are doing a great job.

well you were verrry close to finishin that beautiful strawberry cough ladie,until the damn fungus...she spoke for herself how happy you made her.
age is nothing really,your 20 yrs old,in here helpin 50 yr olds. i give you mad props bro,even though you havent finished a grow and only have been growing six months,you've taken in hella info and helped out a hell of alot of people =) its good to have you here bro.

The way you absorbed this site, Timmy, You ever think of going to college? You sound like someone who could really get into it.

yeah i kinda figured the 180"S cfm's were kinda weak.but i have them now,too late.i got 2 new one.i think i need a 3rd.if so i will get a higher cfm one.and the plants are starting to show sex now.as posted elsewhere i think out of the 5 plants,2 are males.not 100% yet.but really looks that way.gotta keep a sharp eye on them. the 2 largest look like the boys,dang it.sure gonna be hard to kill the 2 biggest plants.thanks man

I got one for ya Timmy. My buddy just called asking me a question I could not answer. He has a dozen or so plants about three inches tall under floros now. He wants to transplant them to bigger containers and put them under his 600 watter in a hydrohut. The problem is he dumped one of the plants to check the root ball and found hardly any roots. He says he mainly just has the tap root with a few random fingers coming off. I told him I believed he was keeping the soil too moist and the roots were not having to search for any water. What do you think and should this affect his plans to transplant?

i've had plants that i've transplanted in the past that were about 3 or 4 inches without a bunch of roots.i'd say his transplant should be fine as long as he does it right.they might benefit from a shot of superthrive also.i'd go 1/4 strength with it though.hope this helps ya out,im sure timmy will have something good/useful to say also though-peace

my plant is ready to be harvested.but,i need to know how long i should flush my plant before i harvest.im using all gh products.rock wool sitting in hydroton.thanks and have a great day!!!:)

TIMMY!! and anyone else reading this...

I'm going insane over my containers. I read that 3 gal would be OK for a straight up indoor grow. My plants all look pretty good, but I'm noticing itty bitty white roots coming down to the drainage holes. I read on this site that this means it's transplant time...but I don't have the space to keep increasing my container size, and I still don't know the sex of anyone yet. Also, if I transplant once I konw the sex, should I wait a bit to let the plant recover before switching to 12/12?

Yes, actually my dream is to moove to cali and open a dispensery. But i have a 3 yr old son here. So its like im stuck in a rut.
tcbud said:
The way you absorbed this site, Timmy, You ever think of going to college? You sound like someone who could really get into it.

Well usually the males grow tallere and faster then the females. But hay 2 out of 5 aint bad. Keep up good luck, and i would sugest getting at least a 400cfm fan...
andy52 said:
yeah i kinda figured the 180"S cfm's were kinda weak.but i have them now,too late.i got 2 new one.i think i need a 3rd.if so i will get a higher cfm one.and the plants are starting to show sex now.as posted elsewhere i think out of the 5 plants,2 are males.not 100% yet.but really looks that way.gotta keep a sharp eye on them. the 2 largest look like the boys,dang it.sure gonna be hard to kill the 2 biggest plants.thanks man

i'd recommend using str8 distilled water for the last 2-2/2 weeks b-4 you harvest them.i also recommend 24 hours of complete darkness before choppin' em'.

doctorvapor said:
my plant is ready to be harvested.but,i need to know how long i should flush my plant before i harvest.im using all gh products.rock wool sitting in hydroton.thanks and have a great day!!!:)

Well 3 inch plants should not have too many roots, but he should def not keep the soil moist. He should give it one good watering till it has a drain off and thin not let it get any moor water till it needs it. The top 1/2inch to 1 inch of soil should be dry. Thin repeat. No need to water every day unless it needs it. But ya your saposed to let it get a little dry before you water again. They need the air. And it dose cause the roots to stretch a little. Also i wouldent segest transplanting till it needs it. But no it will not affect his transplant.
tokemon said:
I got one for ya Timmy. My buddy just called asking me a question I could not answer. He has a dozen or so plants about three inches tall under floros now. He wants to transplant them to bigger containers and put them under his 600 watter in a hydrohut. The problem is he dumped one of the plants to check the root ball and found hardly any roots. He says he mainly just has the tap root with a few random fingers coming off. I told him I believed he was keeping the soil too moist and the roots were not having to search for any water. What do you think and should this affect his plans to transplant?

i'd definitly recommend transplanting them to 5 gal. buckets,give the some superthrive at 1/4 strength,give them a couple days to recover,then flip the lights on em'.

Tom O'Bedlam said:
TIMMY!! and anyone else reading this...

I'm going insane over my containers. I read that 3 gal would be OK for a straight up indoor grow. My plants all look pretty good, but I'm noticing itty bitty white roots coming down to the drainage holes. I read on this site that this means it's transplant time...but I don't have the space to keep increasing my container size, and I still don't know the sex of anyone yet. Also, if I transplant once I konw the sex, should I wait a bit to let the plant recover before switching to 12/12?

Well 7-10 days should be good but it depends. Also have you checked your trichs to see if it is indeed time to harvist. You will need to get an 80x magnifiyn glass, you can get a cheap $9 one from radio shack but to use it you will need to cut a little piece of leaf of the plant and place on a table to view it. I hear a 80x jewlers loop is the easiest method.
doctorvapor said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back