heat issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeblaro

excellent
Reaction score
hey guys and girls,
I've just started a new round and I'm having heat issues. The sun is finally out to play outside, and that's bumping the temp in my room upwards of 35*C.

I have a 4" canfan exhaust, a reliable 6" intake, and multiple oscillating fan moving the air around inside (air movement isn't an issue). The temp has been staying steady at 35*C and that worries me.

I'm doing all I can to lower the temp, but I just want to know if this temp will create any problems long-run, and can the ladies adapt to this temp? Will I need to lower the temp eventually to achieve solid results?

cheers
X

i have recently had these same conditions for the last three or four weeks i have had no issues "imo" if they were outside they be dealing with the heat. Iv'e just had to water much more lately, there are more educated ppl on here who will have better answers just thought i throw it out there.

I'm in the same boat as you, this heat has been killing me. Top of my box by my light maxed @ 96* today. Bottom of my box was 86* today....been like that for the past week or so and alot of my upper leaves are burnt to a crisp. Nothing I can really do about it, trying to fight thru it until harvest next week or so. I'm sure it's hurt my grow, probably could have had a much better yield...never growing inside in the summer again. Big mistake..

Just giving you some insight to what 'could' happen....it's no fun fighting heat and it's even less fun seeing your girls are burnt up.

I'm no expert, i'm only on my second grow. BUT....I think they will survive, and yes in nature they can handle it. It's just not ideal for an indoor grow and obviously isn't going to be as good as an indoor grow could be with ideal temps.

Any options on cooling the space any better?

the
reliable 6" intake
is it a fan or passive? if it is a fan turn it into a exhaust and add a passive fresh air intake. The more air you move the better.

A cool tude around the light bulb will help keep the temps lower in the grow room too.

The 6" is a fan, I might have to try reversing it... that's a good idea. No dice on the cool tube, not in the budget.

Can you get a fan blowing directly at the light across it?

Irish..... I don't think he read your post before he made his....... I kinda thought the same as you until I saw post time........ time for a nice peaceful high.

The difference from the heat inside a grow room and the outdoors is that the temp in the grow room gets to it's max temp quick and stays there as long as the lights are on, where as outside the temp is low at sun up then slowly builds up to the daily max temp then starts cooling down before the sun sets. The plants are actually only taking the maxium daily temp for a couple hrs.

I'm really hoping that as night falls and the temps drop, so will the temps inside my room. I keep a close eye on it. Thanks for suggestions everybody.

Same sheet here dude.
I'm running 2 1000WATT hps in my grow room.
20 by 10 ft room
Have an exhaust to get out the hot air, have the windows closed with no sunlight coming in.
Outside Temps are hitting 100ish,
While inside is hitting high 80's my plants are gonna CRISP.

i have 2 fans set up in the room to circulate the air.
And today i installed an Air Conditioner to control the heat.
And of course with my luck, the fuse popped.
And now half my room wont turn on, even with the fuse popped right back on.
Looks like some other stuff happened ( not an electrical person )
Man, how i dislike summer.

im on my first grow but to me vit is common sence to get an air conditioner.yes it uses amps etc the quickest way to cool room off if you cant geyt a cool tube

I haven't tried this, but i'm sure people have?
I would like feedback on this possible option to save $$ and reduce heat.

It gets as hot as 100degs afternoon, and 70ish night.

I currently have my 2 1000 Watt HPS lights running during the daytime.
And it Easily goes late 80's degs.

Should i have my lights run during the night to keep it cooler? & Block off the windows during the day so the light doesn't get in?

Sure, running your lights during cooler period will help w/ temp issues.
But just think how HOT it would be if you had the proper/sufficient lumens for that space!!.:p
2- 1k's are sufficient for 'about'... 50 sq ft. You have 200 sq ft :eek:

have lights on at night,another thing that i have read but havent tried is to take a gallon jug of frozen water put behind your fan that is blowing between your lights and on your plants.read this from a book that was around before airconditioners were popular.give it a try you dont have anything to lose

110 here yesterday with humidity of 19%. The house heated up to 85+ even with 4 window units running non stop. Yes the heat can cause you alot of problems that dont show up right away, and just because they look fine now, dosen't mean that it wont show up later.

what i have seen in the past to keep temps low in larger spaces, not closet or box grows but rooms.
Nice sized COOLER as in coleman or sportsmen food coolers... load'er up with ice cut out a hole in the lid to fit a small fall silicone the fan in and lock it up when melted drain through the pre made hole in the cooler and repeat.
if u can find block ice not crushed its to to to cheap

Hick said:
Sure, running your lights during cooler period will help w/ temp issues.
But just think how HOT it would be if you had the proper/sufficient lumens for that space!!.:p
2- 1k's are sufficient for 'about'... 50 sq ft. You have 200 sq ft :eek:

:yeahthat: severely underlit!

Latest posts

Back