heat issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If yu can get Dry ice cheaply, that would be a real good option.Buut be careful as dry ice is not water, it is frozen CO2, very cold and very dangerous to humans in enclosed spaces. A small block placed in a decent sized room would certainly be beneficial to the grow as it would both cool the room a bit and it would add a considerable amount of fresh CO2 to the air. Again, be careful. If yu can get it for a reasonable price, start out small to see what kind of results yu get.

*UPDATE*

Ok I've come to a realization. The temperature I've been reading (the one at 35*C) is the canopy temperature. The room itself, not directly under the light, sits around 25*C.

I suppose this is important when considering the overall temperature.

What is the canopy temps you guys normally see, comparable to ambient room temp?

Hello,

I didnt read all the replies. I recently redid all my duct work with R8 insulated flex.

8" from the lights to the filter.

12" from the filter to the fan.

The fan is a 6" 500 cfm fan. If I want it to move its capacity I need at least 12".

I measured the air at the end of the 12" duct. 450 CFM.

pulls 450 cfm through the filter.

I have 3 600W lights. this system pulls about 120CFM Through the hoods.

Cost me $300 in flex and reducers. Temps dropped from 96F to 75F. My house has AC and I keep the living room where my intake pulls from at 65.

Before I put the insulated duct up, it was like walking by a radiant heater. If your not getting the heat out an exhaust system is useless.

INSULATE!

I do HVAC for a living.

Edit: I also wrapped my hoods in the silver backed insulation. Didn't seem to do anything.

Latest posts

Back