Helicopter Fly Overs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its only an issue if you have about 400 plants in your house, (maybe 200) otherwise a couple of 1000w even arent going to have anyone pounding down your door because your roof glows at night.

This is crazy stuff... im glad i live in an area where they don't try to look at my house's heat signatures

growdammit said:
If you are able to cool or vent the heat signature produced by a light system or some other source that is generating energy and producing heat, you are not showing up from what I know. But if their system is advanced enough, they could see not only the light, but the signature left by each plant growing. That is scary and a waste of my tax dollars IMHO.

i think this is a rumor how could it pick up what kind of plant it is, i think your thinking of xray vision bro. but hopefully a more informed member with facts can straighten this up. im pretty sure its the heat from main outtake fans for growhouses that they spot but hey im not pilot looking with infared for heat so idk. just my 2 cents.

OK my $0.02, for blocking IR look at Hydro shops or online it looks like the bubble version of a car window shade. It comes in big rolls and you can just line the room. Not exactly sure if they are looking around and see a room that has no IR signature (kinda like Superman looking for the lead lined room for Lex Luthor) I think they are looking for lights since they seem to be the hot point of any room, but I think you would have to do walls and celieng to be protected. :D Good Luck

:joint: YOU CAN FIND THE STUFF AT HYDRO WHOLESALE. COM , NOT THAT EXPENSIVE. IM TRYING TO FIND MORE LITERATURE ON IT. RIGHT THERE ON HOME PAGE.:D

From what I have read on this subject it is not a basis for a search warrant if there is a room running hotter temps than others, remember judges do not like to be bothered just like normal people for a waste of time. There is no telling exactly what someone maybe doing in their home and there is no law on how hot you can keep your temp in your house. I think the main issure here is that; if you have a large grow op then keep cool, don't be flashy with your extra cash ( if thats why your growing); keep your room well ventilated, and insulated; and take care of other precautions and you will be fine. Remember it is generally a waste of their time to go after someone growing a few plants. Also, from what I have read, people that "may" have a high heat sig, might want to be more precautious and worry about other things. One being, when the meter guy comes to read the meter in the middle or early day he isn't going to expect a meter to be spinning off the dials like crazy, keep your light cycles one/off with this in mind. Another thing, if you have a lot of heat and are running a air conditioner, just remeber that the water draining from the air conditioner contains higher lvls of THC or whatever it is that Drug sniffing dogs can smell. If using soil, try to never dispose of used soil on your property because, telltale roots and other substances can be put together to use as a case against you. I have never been busted nor have any of my friends and I am just getting into the grow scene but I have been doing my research on as many aspects as I can possibly do so take this info as you want i am not %100 sure it is factual but do your research and keep your eyes open. Hope this helps....

Why not just get some cop friends who smoke. Thats what I did where I'm from. I realize it isn't exactly easy to find one and it's not the smartest question to broach. [I have noticed smokers can usually spot one another.] That way they can find out what your local donut shop talk is and what the latest gadgets are.

I'm with Blend... it's not WHAT you know... it's WHO you know... ;) :D :cool:

Well there is one presidential canidate that said that he is going to tell the DEA to lay off of states that have legal medical programs :D. One more reason to vote this year.

Latest posts

Back