Hellicpoters **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intelligence
Crop detection
The remoteness of some outdoor cannabis plantations tends to decrease the chance of detection by
law-enforcement agencies. On many occasions community members come across these plantations during the
course of their work—national park rangers are an example—or while participating in leisure activities such as
camping, bushwalking or four-wheel driving.
Western Australia Police reported the use of digital multi-spectral imaging and FLIR (forward-looking infrared
•
radar); Victoria Police reported the use of heat-detection technology to locate outdoor cannabis crops.
Queensland Police reported that, in partnership with researchers from the University of Queensland, it has
developed an environmental forensics system for botanical evidence that is admissible in court. This method
links specific crops to people or locations.
www.crimecommission.gov.au/content/publications/aidr_1999/02_Cannabis.pdf

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=11th&navby=case&no=926951opa
..here's one more from "Gardensecure" where it has been discussed in depth.
Plot Detection
and..
Law enforcement typically relies on ground raids, which are prone to human limitations. ORINCON's spectral camera technology provides a much more thorough, rapid and cost-effective means of truncating the burgeoning marijuana trade, since it can identify crops which are often cultivated in dense forests, and other hard-to-reach areas.

Last summer the West Virginia State Police allowed ORINCON to test the ability of hyperspectral optical technology to locate crops of marijuana. Given the success of that test, ORINCON has been invited to participate in this summer's interdiction effort to further validate the technology and demonstrate a more advanced detection unit.
from Cannabis News

Well, i've heard in some places if it's small crops not worth them taking the time and planning o make a bust and itt's spotted with a helicopter that they just shoot them down. I don't know how true that is because shooting into ground from air in a county seems rediculous, but maybe in an open field or some woods.

Helicopters and planes fly over my house often...even the military has some training thing where they fly HUGE air crafts over our house right above the tree line. You can feel the ground rumble. But no one's ever spotted my plants. I'd say chill out a little and calm down, don't go out to 'em for a while and they'll grow fine if they survive not getting water.

good luck take care and peace bro

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Sorry Stoney, my bad..... I think Papawoozzled sounds better anyway. I did read the rules but I better read them again. And sorry if anyone else was offended.

Good information about thermal imaging though. My buddy is in pre law so he is always getting good info.

...NOTE..some of those articles are old. The Kentucky story was from 2002 I think... "5 yrs" is an enormous amount of time, in this techy' age. I'm sure ther have been huge advancements in that technology in that time span.

I don't know where the plants were. I know in the pictures you had up they were right in the middle of your yard. Never a good idea. They have been spotted, I'm sure of it. Thats why they made a second pass through. Get those things far away from you. As paranoid as I am, they would have been cut down and burned by now.

esp. 7' ers. yeah take stickies advice there man. the middle of the yard isn't cool.

Heli's ****. You had some huge, beautiful Christmas tree's in your yard.

part of the property not the yard , lol , im a little brave but not totally stupid , but it all gets bush hogged and mowed , there someone elses problem now , if they did get spotted , it bites 6 years and they never flew over my place chalk this 1 up to bad luck......:eek: if they did see them they can have em now there 3 other places around me be really hard to prove whose they are could be the neighbors teens ???????????? stillheart broke good info hick

Hey guys the folks in the chopper do this every year they dont need any thing extra to find plants they stick out like a sour thumb. All they have to do is fly in an area that looks like a good growing place. But if they flew to your plants and found them and you had just two of them then sounds more like they had a tip to me. But since they saw there gone the second time there probally thinking you pulled them and got rid of them. They might not come by but you can bet they will be watching you for now on. And if you had them in your back yard or something and just moved them to the woods real fast i would be suffing them under a dead log if i was you. Im no one to tell you to worry but i wouldn`t be spending my bail money on anything for a while. And you didn`t leave any prints on the pots did you.

i'm new and everthing but as longtime grower said, did you leave any prints? if i were you and left prints id try going early in the morning (5 a.m.) and do n alchohol rub or break the pot and bury it. Sorry to hear about your babbies though =[, just tryna help.....

hehe, finger prints on pot plants.....

sorry guys, can't happen.

Fingerprints are a result of facial oils that have been transferred to the tips of your fingers and then placed on an item.

The oils are then made visible using various methods and photographed.

MJ is COVERED with oil. It would be like trying to put prints on the surface of a bucket of motor oil.

It's great that you're trying to help, but this one was too far out there to pass up.

You're really not going to take 'em back in? even if you just wait till near the end of the season and go check on 'em? might get a lil bud. Also if you're not, why not just hack them down and use 'em for hash. 7 footers arer some strong plants, so i'd say they'd b e good for making hash

wow after all this talk of helicopters a bust of 4 plants happened about 5 miles away from me i currently have a seven footer and had a black heli fly low over my place at dusk yesterday i ended up movin her today after seein there huntin for them right downtown of the city i live in its a big city where weed is kinda let go or a slap on the wrist to cops since they got murders daily i suggest everyone pay attention closly cause i been hearin alot of bust latl

Most of ur planes 7 Helicopters that r use to find MJ and rescue, the ones I have seen have a Big Ball on the side of the planes and helicopter have it on the Bottom under the cockpit..
I had worked on airplanes and seen these thing and have ask question about them.

Under a federal marijuana eradication grant, state police use helicopters to check places where large crops of marijuana have been discovered in the past.Several crops were found on Brunot Island, police said, and marijuana plants have been discovered growing in Frick Park and on hillsides along Mt. Washington. "Using the helicopter is effective because when the sun hits the marijuana on a sunny day, it has a real sheen to it, and you can't miss it"

thats from the news there not usin no heat sensors or anything like that and i dunno if the heli had a ball on it they have 2 people in custody and a 10k bond

hey stoney i know you cant leave prints on the plant im talking iF he had them in pots and im guessing he did as he moved them to the woods he probally touched the pots. So if local law is involved then they might say we found these plants and have some prints and to clear this up if you say there not yours then you wont mind coming down and being printed. Sorry stoney i just read my thread and saw i left the s of pots and said pot. My bad.

(Edit: You're not bad, I am. I never thought of the containers. MyBad! - Stoney)

An "interesting" heli' story...
I hope that "Captain Kirk"..I mean Sheriff Kirk, gets the pants sued right off that department. "IF" Sexton has legitamate cardholders to "Caregive" for, Who the "HELL" does he think he is??
Aren't LEO suppose to "uphold" the law?...not interpret it OR selectively enforce it at their personal descretion?

Investigators on sky patrol Tuesday found plenty of signs that marijuana was growing in Beulah.

They chose to ignore one of them: The sign that the grower had posted to alert anyone who found the pot patch that he was growing grass with the government's permission.

Assisted by the National Guard, narcotics detectives from the Pueblo County Sheriff's Department conducted an aerial search of rural Pueblo County with the aim of scoring some weed. Sheriff Kirk Taylor said they succeeded by recognizing, then seizing, 140 marijuana plants that purportedly belong to 53-year-old Tom Sexton.

But Sexton contends that the sheriff's department wrongfully raided the garden where he grows medicinal marijuana for himself and a number of seriously ill patients who rely on the drug and have the state's approval to use it.

“Not only are we fighting spiders, mice, deer and fungus, we're fighting law enforcement,” Sexton said. “The problem is they're not educated. They don't understand or recognize this law that's on the books here in Colorado. They had my place all torn up without doing any investigation beforehand. I'm living with being considered guilty until I prove myself innocent.”

Sexton said deputies handcuffed him, read him his Miranda rights, then released him when he provided proof of his state-issued medical marijuana card, and proof that he is the designated caregiver to a number of medical-marijuana cardholders.

Taylor acknowledged that investigators are aware of Sexton's claim that he was growing pot legally. Taylor said that facet of the investigation is being reviewed by the district attorney's office.

Deputy District Attorney Tony Marzavas said he will review reports from the sheriff's department when they are complete, and ply those findings against Colorado's medicinal marijuana law.

Voters statewide passed the law in November 2000. It allows patients with a physician's recommendation to grow up to six plants, and to designate a care provider who also is allowed to grow six plants for the patient.

The federal government does not recognize medicinal marijuana laws, despite their passage by voters in several states. Taylor said his department has discussed Tuesday's raid with federal agents, but the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is unlikely to get involved. “Their guidelines are restricted to quantities much greater than this,” Taylor said. “I don't care about the size. I care about what's good for the community.”

Marzavas said prosecutors plan to explore whether Sexton is endorsed as the caregiver to enough patients to justify owning the 140 plants that were seized.

Sexton said three state-recognized caregivers serving more than 20 patients, who suffer from ailments ranging from multiple sclerosis to cancer, were growing plants at the raided site. Sexton said his operation, incorporated as Medimar Ministries, is a legitimate business.

He is desperate to get the plants back as quickly as possible. Marzavas said at this point they are considered evidence, and there are no immediate plans to return the plants to Sexton.

A watering system, topsoil, fertilizer and other materials used to cultivate the plants also were seized.

“They even took my hammock,” Sexton said.

The sheriff said his department plans to continue conducting aerial surveillance to locate marijuana in rural parts of Pueblo County as harvest time approaches.

“The message we're sending to anybody who's growing (marijuana) in Pueblo County is that you'd better cut it out,” Taylor said.

Sexton said the raid will put a pinch on patients who are relying on his marijuana to manage their pain.

“It means we're going to be suffering a little bit this winter,” said Sexton. “We're gonna have to go out on the black market or go to some other facility to buy medicine.”

unbelievable..

how LEO is wasting and spending so much resources to find
140 mj plants.

Helicopter cost, payroll cost of how many officers, tieing up the
judicial services, cost of time and money for the DA and judges.
Its ridiculous. And the people that are getting screwed, are
the sick and in pain.

why not direct all the effort, into finding pedofiles,
murders/theives other REAL Narcotics.

its a shame.

Latest posts

Back