Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
Hello. Nice to meet yall. I will be doing some reading (I have been lurking). My interest is going to be a steath closet. I believe at first soil will work for me. I already farm tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, egg plants, jalapenos, yard long beans, banana pepers corn, etc etc etc. I grow an acre of watermelons but I turn every one of those into wine. Same with the strawberries.

I have access to horse manure that I compost with leaves, vegetable scraps, lawn cuttings and egg shells. I compost each pile for 1 year at a time. I've pretty much got that down pretty good. I sell the vegetables to inner city ( I live out in the county on some acerage) "well to do" liberals who are into the whole "Organic Foods' food. You would be suprised what they spen on "organic foods".

So, I am here to lean about which light to use, which plant is better suited to me, watering schedule with those crazy lights on/off cycle, soil and fertilizer and all those crazy acronyms yall use. I only want to grow 2 or 3 plants at a time as I only want the smoke not the dollars. I am used to commercial mexican grass but have tasted that "hydro" stuff. That stuff was, well, incredible.

I've 2 questions right off the bat.

1) can bag seed (that already has a good odor and fair high) be made better if you use indoor growing practices (lights, etc) than just letting nature take care of it?

2) aint you guys scared to order them "killer" seeds off the net?

Welcome to MP...I don't grow bag seed and I hve ordered seeds numerous times off the net...does not scare me at all...

Welcome aboard Texas Monster. There is much to learn in this forum.

Bag seed can produce some killer buds. If it was good before it should be better if it doesn't get pollinated as the energy used to make seeds will be used to make more resin glands, plus a few other factors. For the most part the answer to that question is yes although there are some limiting factors based solely on genetics. I don't like to talk about ordering online but there is a complete section on this site dedicated to seedbanks. Hope that helps.

StoneDrone

first question very rarely a bag seed will turns out good but it happens.sec question no if ur careful its cool. use ur brain never send seeds 2 the same place as u grow

TexasMonster said:
1) can bag seed (that already has a good odor and fair high) be made better if you use indoor growing practices (lights, etc) than just letting nature take care of it?

If you're speaking of commercially grown, yes it would be better. Commercial is done in large batches and concentrates more on quantity-not quality.
You can't beat properly cured bud!!

:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

Gb

GeezerBudd said:
If you're speaking of commercially grown, yes it would be better. Commercial is done in large batches and concentrates more on quantity-not quality.
You can't beat properly cured bud!!

:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

Gb

Well, Thank Yall for the warm welcome. I have been reading about that guys LED grow tonight. Looks pretty cool. I have a lot of reading to do. One of the subjects that I would like to get to in quick order is how to keep a plant short and bushy. Yall do have a nice forum going here.

High and Welcome!

You may want to check out Screen of Green as a way to maximize yield from a few indoor plants.

Sincerely,

Max

Hi there Tex,

Welcome aboard! A seasoned farmer like yourself will be a quick study, I'm sure. Btw, I'm just curious if you do any greenhouse farming as well? - RT

Rolling Thunder said:
Hi there Tex,

Welcome aboard! A seasoned farmer like yourself will be a quick study, I'm sure. Btw, I'm just curious if you do any greenhouse farming as well? - RT

No, I have not but I will be doing so this coming spring. I am wanting to specialize in bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and egg plant. Those sell quite well in my area and they sell for above grocery store price if organic. I could not grow enough okra and tomatoes this year. Sold everything. I will also be buying a 5 ft 3-point tiller for the ole tractor this winter. I am tired of tilling with a walk behind. Gettin to old for that hard work stuff.

TexasMonster said:
No, I have not but I will be doing so this coming spring.

Have you given any thought at all to sectioning off a small part of that future greenhouse, (if it's large enough,) for a few cannabis plants, assuming it's properly secured from nosey outsiders and their prying eyes. A greenhouse garden has many advantages over an indoor one. - RT

Rolling Thunder said:
Have you given any thought at all to sectioning off a small part of that future greenhouse, (if it's large enough,) for a few cannabis plants, assuming it's properly secured from nosey outsiders and their prying eyes. A greenhouse garden has many advantages over an indoor one. - RT

I cant. Some of the co-ops that I belong to come out and inspect to make sure that I am staying inline with what they deem to be "organic". I am not certified organic but the co-ops let me play as long as they can come look at what I am doing 2 or 3 times a year. Plus I have the nieces, nephews (who smoke themselves but dont know I do, thats funny all by itself), neighbors, tractor work customers, etc etc that comes over as well. I could probably do some of the things in it like getting the seeds to start and what not.

TexasMonster said:
I cant. Some of the co-ops that I belong to come out and inspect to make sure that I am staying inline with what they deem to be "organic". I am not certified organic but the co-ops let me play as long as they can come look at what I am doing 2 or 3 times a year. Plus I have the nieces, nephews (who smoke themselves but dont know I do, thats funny all by itself), neighbors, tractor work customers, etc etc that comes over as well. I could probably do some of the things in it like getting the seeds to start and what not.

No, it sounds like you'd be better off just keepin' it indoors; just to be on the safe side. No point in startin' it in the greenhouse, just to have bring it indoors later. Bummer. Greenhouse growin's the best, providing it has the type of glass or material that UV-B can penetrate. - RT

Latest posts

Back