help!! 1.1/2 week old seedlings light green and drooping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budking

hydroking
Reaction score
i think it the nutrients and heat maybe
i lowered my 1000w MH like a ft closer a few nights ago and the next day they started doing. i moved the light back up and brought the temp down to like 78-80 it was around 83-85

this is my fist time and i think im in over my head

any ideas

100_0164.JPG

100_0165.JPG

100_0166.JPG

100_0167.JPG

100_0168.JPG

100_0169.JPG

100_0170.JPG

Yo Ho Budking,
I have always gone with my first gut instinct. I believe somehow deep in our brains we have already worked the problem and have already formed an answer, but so many of us ignore what that first instinct can do.
Place your hand close to the top of your babies, allowing the top of your hand to face the light. What you feel on the back of your hand is what the plants get to endure. You might want to carefully place your temp probe right at that hieght to see what the true temp is upon them.
I am used to growing in soil, mostly outdoors, and now I have made a transition to indoor growing, and I love it, but I find it requires my setup to be settled and in place doing exactly what I want the box to do.
I believe that a good growing temp in soil is between 76*- 78* but I'm not sure if that is a constant when it comes to hydro. For vegging I left my lights on 24/7 at a temp of 76* to 78* degrees, and now in flowering I have a fluctuation from 72* to 78* that's because the lights are on a 12/12 cycle.
So there it is, test the heat on the back of your hand, set the temp probe at the top of your babies, and refresh them with a misting to help the leaves to pull in a little extra moisture. Let us know what you find OK ?

Good Luck, and Good Growing

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i have decided that they have been over watered. i am going to skip a watering to let them dry out. IF this is the problem , how soon should i be expecting them to bounce back:watchplant:

As soon as the soil drys out a little bit, they will recover. Only water when the containers are really light. Pick them up when they are completely dry and then you will know when to water. It's good for them to have to search for water. Just my thoughts. Take care and keep us posted. Be safe.

Latest posts

Back