Help .... germination/CFL problem .... HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeGirl420

Reaction score
I recently bought some metal halide lights from Home Depot only to find out that the ******* sold me the wrong ballast (and then told me they didn't even carry a ballast for the MH lights they sell).

I bought a 150 watt Soft White CFL light instead.

Then I found out that those aren't suitable for the vegetative stage! And tomorrow's Memorial Day, and I won't be able to get Daylight CFLs until Tuesday.

But I've already put my seeds in a wet paper towel!

How long can I leave those seeds in there before they die?

Or should I just plant the seeds and use the Soft White until Tuesday?

HELP APPRECIATED!!!

*rips hair out in frustration*

Weed shouldn't be this stressful.

Don't stress--virtually any kind of fluoro will be okay for a while with seedlings. Plant the seeds and use the soft white until Tuesday. They will be just fine. Plant them when they pop.

However, while they are vegging under the CFL, I would like to encourage you save your quarters for a HPS for flowering. The difference in flowering with CFLs and HPS is huge.

Your fine for a few days in the paper towl. You just need to smoke a bowl and calm down a little everything will be fine. But you can go to most any grocery store and they have the CFLs your looking for and I'm sure some stores are open tomorrow...take care..

I agree chill out and smoke a toke,lol.seedlings dont need a gang of light.Proceed on with the germ. and transplant as needed.

wal mart will be open monday and they have the 24 inch glow light cfls. there in a 26inch package that say GROW LIGHT and or under cabnet light.. they ar only 10$ and work very well for vegging... they only use 17wt and push out 120wt.. i had 6 of them in my 3x3x4 till the little piggies took em.. or dont worry about it and get an mh or hps... the beans r safe for a good while.. ive seen them live up to a month in a wet paper towel .. it was kind of neat. it looked like spagetti.. just remember to keep them within an inch or 2 of the seedling/plants

Latest posts

Back