HELP! Is this a male pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
One of my plants might be hermie. It has lots of pistils showing 2 weeks into flowering but also has 3 areas that look like male preflowers. Check out the pic and let me know. I already seperated it from my females and gotta under some cfls right now. But if if these are not male flowers, I want to get it back under hps. TBG, Mutt, Hick, or anyone else, Thanks guys.

IMAG0268.JPG

IMAG0272.JPG

IMAG0276.JPG

The flowers in question seem to be raised, if this is the case I do believe them to be hermies. I'd keep a close eye on them for another 2-3 days just to be sure.

Thanks gmo, They have been like that for 3 or 4 days with no progression. Most of the plant has pistils and just toward the bottom there are 3 of them. I have it under 10 cfls, maybe theres not enough light to progress them, i dunno, the top of th eplant looks so good I wanna put it back in flower room. Anybody else??

The jury is out as to if thats male or what, they need more time to develop. IMO id put it back in with the HPS give it a few days to choose, ive seen BIG THC glands like that on a couple of my plants and i had thought it was going hermi on me too but once it broke open a bit some HUGE pistels came out and them and the gland were just covered in trichs :bong2:

Thanks dubbaman, I think your right. I put it back in flower room until i see some change. The rest of the plant is filled with pistils, but there are 3 spots that just looked like balls to me. I didnt think pistils protruded from the stem like that. Ill wait and keep checking on them.

and if you really think its just a male there is the option of just squeezing it off right now and saving the trouble of wondering what it is . but if its on a lower node man id wait cause i have seen them take longer lower on the plant in big nodes but it has produced bug 4&5 pistil sites when it does and the whole thing is just covered :aok:

id also put the fems under the HPS and put the one in question under the other why slow them down

All my females are in flower room, been in flower for 2 weeks. I put the other one back in there too. I think it is female bro, I was lookin at one of the other females and i seen the same thing on it with pistil bustin out.

there is definately at least one ball showing there.... my monitor is a blurry mess.. but i can make one out..

Latest posts

Back