help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
so my buddy and i have this plant and the leaves look a bit dried but not too bad and he thinks we should spray water onto the leaves but i thought i read somewhere that foliar feeding isnt too good for the plant.. its about time to water her anyways so i jus think watering her regular would jus be best.. whos rite??

I spray my plants down occasionally but only when they are in veg...I don't ever spray them when they are flowering...not saying you can't but I don't like to take chances with bud rot or mold. Can you post a pic of the plant? It cld be a ph issue or a nute issue or something else entirely but i don't think spraying them is going to cure the problem you spoke of...you need to get to the cause and correct whats wrong.

i'm with Eye and Hamster on this one.... i think you've got a deficiency or toxicity happening.... if that's the case, foliar feeding with plain water may not be the answer to your problems....

a pic is the best bet to get some sure fire advice for the problem....

i will try to post a pic in a bit.. my friends girl has the camara.. to be honest we are both newbies at this and we actually havent been able to get all of our stuff for a proper and good grow.. im actually waiting to get some checks to come thru to invest in it.. from wut i can tell u is the plant is about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks into veg and is about 8-10 inches.. gets 24/7 lighting.. its got 2 60w cfls and a warm floro idk the watts on it.. miracle gro soil.. and some kind of miracle grow plant food u mix with water.. i started with 1/4 strength and diluted it a lil more with more water.. was iffy bout givin to much.. thats about it i think

flaboy88 said:
i will try to post a pic in a bit.. my friends girl has the camara.. to be honest we are both newbies at this and we actually havent been able to get all of our stuff for a proper and good grow.. im actually waiting to get some checks to come thru to invest in it.. from wut i can tell u is the plant is about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks into veg and is about 8-10 inches.. gets 24/7 lighting.. its got 2 60w cfls and a warm floro idk the watts on it.. miracle gro soil.. and some kind of miracle grow plant food u mix with water.. i started with 1/4 strength and diluted it a lil more with more water.. was iffy bout givin to much.. thats about it i think

How big is the grow space? Sounds like not enough light right off the bat...then there is the issue of your choice of soil...Miracle Grow soil is not good for growing MJ...the one exception is Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix because it has no nutrients and fertilizers added to it. The regular MG with that time release crap is horrible...then you are using mg plant food on top of it...sounds like your plants might be over nuted....I wld transplant them to pots with better soil trying to get as much of that crap MG soil off of them...whatever you do don't flush them if you hve them in MG time release soil...every time you water them the fertilizers are releasing nutrients into the soil...a flush wld probably be really bad.

i jus looked and its the mg continuous release.. and then the mg water soluable all purpose plant food.. i only water 2 times a week usually.. like every 4 days or so.. wut would be good soil and nutes?

Agreed. Get yourself some simple organic soil, usually has neutral PH and is a great tool for someone to startout with. Much more control over PH/fert schedule than pre dosed time release soil. Do some research on here and you guys will be well on your way.

Look online, so many nutrients. Most have schedule,
just cut in half and work up from there till you see the slightest yellowing on your tips of fan leaves. I use fox farm and I like it. I use MG and Shultz flowering food in the 1st grow. Had all kinds of problems.

flaboy88 said:
i jus looked and its the mg continuous release.. and then the mg water soluable all purpose plant food.. i only water 2 times a week usually.. like every 4 days or so.. wut would be good soil and nutes?

I get my soil at Home Depot..it is Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix and has none of that time release crap in it...it is made to promote strong root development and is light and airy.....For Nutrients I use GH 3 part (General Hydroponics I believe) I ordered it from HTGsupply. The only reason I do not order soil online is because of the shipping costs since the soil has some weight to it. I don't hve Hydro stores near me at all.

ok cool.. my space im workin with is bout 27 1/2 sqft. so wut in yyour opinion would be best light set up.. watts and how many? i was thinkin 1000 cuz thats a lil over 5000 lumens per sq ft if im correct.. im a lil stoned and doin this in my head :banana:lol.. but thats good for flowering but to much for veg i believe.. or would it b better to get a 400 and 600w and run the 600 during veg and both during flowering? and 1 more question:hubba:.. how hot is it gonna get??:confused:

you're not going to get 5000 lumens per sq ft from 1 1000W in a 27 1/2 sq ft room.... for a room that size, if money and electrical consumption weren't concerns, i'd run 4 600's.... you want a room around 4' x 4', or 5' x 5' max, to get the most efficiency out of 1 1000 watter....

my room is 5ft x 5'ft 6"inches so isnt that good for 1000?

you're pretty much right at what a most people would consider the limit.... you're going to have to control plant height and light height throughout the grow.... move the taller plants towards the outside and huddle the smaller ones directly under the light.... keep in mind that this get harder to do as they get further along into flowering....

i hope you've got the ventilation worked out....

ya i still have plenty to invest.. i jus started my new job so im waiting to get $$$$ to put towards this so i can do some real good growing to where i will reap the benefits of my hard labor.. thanks for every1's help and input

I wld research LST and put that to use as well...might want to get a cooled hood or two and inline fans are gonna be a must hve also...light and ventilation are expensive but also very important...

i have 2 fans in there and i keep the door cracked a couple inches.. i got 1 circulating and 1 blowing out the door.. i have checked up on some LST keeping the plant short and bushier.. does LST also help with yield becuz i have heard ppls opinions sway both ways.. ?

Just a side note for you to think about, and a little off the subject. But every partnership I have been involved in has led to disaster, and a loss of freindships. You may want to consider taking your own path and telling no one...especially if you are the only one spending money...Just my oppinion. I ended up in prison because of a partnership, where my partner got in trouble for something not even pot related, and snitched me out to save his butt (the grow was in my house) Just something to think about, and only my oppinion.

Good Luck with your grow!

you're going to need way more ventilation than that if you want that 1000 watter in there.... in one of my first grows i learned the hard way.... i put a 1000 in a 6' x 6' room thinking that with my fans and the door being cracked i'd be alright.... that worked great, for about 3 days.... i had started some SOL Sweet Tooth under some flouro's and moved them under the 1000 when they were right at 15" tall.... 3 days later, i had dead crispy plants on my hands....

climate control is as crucial, if not more, than your lighting.... depending on the lighting of course....

legalize freedom.. ya that is def somethin to keep in my mind.. thanks for the heads up.. its in his room but i am puttin more time and effort into it.. and fleshstain: like i said im new at this lol so where can i look about a good set up for ventilation and keepin it cool in such a small space with such a high watt output?

flaboy88 said:
legalize freedom.. ya that is def somethin to keep in my mind.. thanks for the heads up.. its in his room but i am puttin more time and effort into it.. and fleshstain: like i said im new at this lol so where can i look about a good set up for ventilation and keepin it cool in such a small space with such a high watt output?

LOL--That is not really a small space.

I have 2 600W in a space that is 3 x 6.5 x 7.5 that I can keep cool (in the winter) with a 6" Vortex fan--about 450 CFM. I also have 2 other fans, one about 250 cfm and the other 180 cfm for air exchange.

Check the Grow Room section for info on ventilation.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--That is not really a small space.

I have 2 600W in a space that is 3 x 6.5 x 7.5 that I can keep cool (in the winter) with a 6" Vortex fan--about 450 CFM. I also have 2 other fans, one about 250 cfm and the other 180 cfm for air exchange.

Check the Grow Room section for info on ventilation.

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back