Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Help plz

unix

Reaction score
Hey everyone, need some info on lighting, Just after the sprout has popped through the surface how long should the lights be on for 24/7? thanks..

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

unix said:
Hey everyone, need some info on lighting, Just after the sprout has popped through the surface how long should the lights be on for 24/7? thanks..
Whats up unix. Keep them under 24/7 light until they are ready for flower.

unix

Reaction score
Hey thanks man, i accidently posted another topic on this in another forum i think..

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
People who use an 18/6 cycle claim that pot plants need to "sleep". I have not found this to be true. I've always used a 24/0 cycle indoors for veg, and compared my pot with people who ran an 18/6 cycle. Cuttings from the same donor plant, identical medium, nutes, HPS wattage, etc. If there was a significant difference in the pot I couldn't tell. The main difference is my pot finished faster.
However I have no problem with people who use an 18/6 or 16/8 cycle.
I knew someone who did an experiment a few years back. Since the sun's cycle changes daily, he gradually reduced his light cycle a few minutes/day. The results? No difference except it took longer for him to get a finished product.

JerryG1989

Reaction score
i agree with ganja and unix i dont change the light from 24/7 until timw to flower

naturalhi

Hang in there!
Reaction score
Guru I did that last grow started at 18/6 and cut an hour each day by the time I got to 16/8 they were showing so I just cut it to 12/12 don't know if it helped or not but I had fun play'in with the lites an stuff!

teckS

Reaction score
can i use 20/4? i like having the plants in the light fore longer because i have noticed more growth.. but my ballast and bulb get really warm so i wanna let them sit for a while... is any ratio of lighitng ok for veggin? i dont mean ANY light ratio.. but anything like 18/6, 19/5, 20/4... etc..

JerryG1989

Reaction score
yeah thats fine as long as they get atleast around 12-14 hours of light they will veg

any more than that is just better cus they will grow more vigorously

any less and they will flower

unix

Reaction score
Thanks alot for all the replys, I will leave them on for 24/7 and hopefully everything turns out ok and i dont burn the house down hehe,
also should i hold off using miracle grow and fish emulsion untill the plant grows a bit more or would it be ok to start on it now?

Latest posts