Help with hiding plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanmagee

Reaction score
I have 2 plants between 1 to 2 ft' tall. My land lord is coming by tomorrow to get the house apraised and i'm sure they will look in the closets. I'm thinking about taking them to work with me and just putting them onthe floor in the back seat. I've heard of plants going into shock if you move them somewhere else.
Does anyone think that would be a problem to move them like that? Would a few hours without the proper daylight mess them up?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!
Thanks

the heat might kill them, buy a motel room and stash them there...

You would be changing the light they are use to getting. Do you have a friend you can trust or a out side place where no people come around.

meanmagee said:
I have 2 plants between 1 to 2 ft' tall. My land lord is coming by tomorrow to get the house apraised and i'm sure they will look in the closets. I'm thinking about taking them to work with me and just putting them onthe floor in the back seat. I've heard of plants going into shock if you move them somewhere else.
Does anyone think that would be a problem to move them like that? Would a few hours without the proper daylight mess them up?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!
Thanks

I can't drive 65 by Van Halen when Plants r in the car!:hubba:
Just be carefull..

just hide them in a good box and take them out when the landlord leaves shouldent take more then a hour or two to get house apraised... you could probbly let it take 1 day break from the light even since you got work, an start again same next day..

I think they would survive pretty decently for a while in your car, but growth would probably slow down because of the lack of light and such. Just keep them watered, don't let them dry out. I've had plants sit in my room before with close to no light and they survived well for at least 2 weeks... just goes to show ya. You just wanna keep the temps at a moderate level. Maybe roll the windows down at least.

Keep them in their pots. They will just be sideways and at least still get some light from through the windows. For a week or so, they'd probably still be alive in my opinion.

But like toke said, the inspection should only last a little while. If you know when your landlord is coming over, that would make it all the easier.

When MJ grows in the wild it often has dark stormy cloudy days with little light that could last several days, the plants still survive, putting them in a car or box or anywhere out of sight will not harm them for a short while, they will show signs of drooping, but a couple of hours back at home anf they will be back to normal.

Any time my landlord/parents come over, I just put all my plants in packing boxes, tape them up, and stick them back in the closet with clothes or something on top of them. Never fails :aok:

GreenThumbBlackFinger said:
Any time my landlord/parents come over, I just put all my plants in packing boxes, tape them up, and stick them back in the closet with clothes or something on top of them. Never fails :aok:

I think this is the best idea and the least amount of hassle. There is always a risk when you are driving with plants. No matter how careful you try to be, someone else can hit you. The temps in a car can get high enough to cook your plants. Leaving the windows open creates a security problem. But, virtually everyone has boxes in their closets with labels like "Christmas Stuff" or "Winter Clothes".

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think this is the best idea and the least amount of hassle. There is always a risk when you are driving with plants. No matter how careful you try to be, someone else can hit you. The temps in a car can get high enough to cook your plants. Leaving the windows open creates a security problem. But, virtually everyone has boxes in their closets with labels like "Christmas Stuff" or "Winter Clothes".

I agree, I got arrested for stems and 2 rolling papers don't be dumb!!!!! No driving it to work it's not a good idea...you may not come home that night if you catch my drift.

GreenThumbBlackFinger said:

Exactly what i do. :D

I had some clones from southern cali drive all the way to Vegas and they are all doin beautiful...................4 hour drive didnt kill em

I've only had to move my plants one time and I found it surprisingly easy. My neighbor was even talkin to me with my big "xmas tree" box. I can't handle the plants in the car though, that would really make some cop's day to pull someone over and find those in the trunk! I think hiding the plants is easy but taking down all the lights, fans, etc is a hassle. who has 10 CFLs and a garage light chillin in their closet? :)

Latest posts

Back