Help with our grow room Please????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmaverick

Husband/Wife growing team
Reaction score
We are getting our room finally finished but are havin a few problems. Our room is in our garage, with a cement floor and it has one outside wall. We are using a metal halide 1000 watt light for the veg. We have a few questions and are hopin someone can help us out. We are havein a problem with temperature and humidity. We have a humidifier and 2 buckets of water down with the plants but the humidity in the room will not raise above 45% at night and by day lowers down to 35%. What is a good way to get more humidity in the room? As for temperature we have a intake fan blowin in fresh air and many vents and holes in the room and the temperature in the room is stayin about 75-85 degrees, the soil on the other hand doesn't raise above 75 degrees. What more can we do to keep it at a more stable temperature? We would appreciate any and all info that anyone would be able to give. Thanks bunchs.

Actually man, you are in good shape. Let it go, those ranges are fine. I would worry more about making sure you have enough lumens per square foot. How large is your grow area that you are going to be using the 1000w in?

If your grow has a drain in the cement floor you could just water down the floor. But it seems that your humidity is ok.

The room is 12ft. high and 6' 8" by 5' 11".

The height doesn't really matter, it's the square footage. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but if I remember correctly a 1000w MH puts out 110,000 lumens. That's adequate for about 22 sq ft. I would cut the room down to about 4ft by 5ft, give or take, that would give you better lumens per sq ft.

Right now there are 12. We are both medical patients.

The number of plants really isn't that important. Some people prefer a lot of smaller plants, some prefer a few larger ones. A few larger ones are easier to care for. Like I said before, try to reduce the size of that room.

Right now unfortuately that is just not possible. So how would we be able to get more light for the size of the room we have got??

Add another light is really the only way. If you have the ability to run intake and exhaust I would look into an air cooled hood. If you have adequate fans you could have the plants within inches of the bulbs and not have to worry about burning. Also, have you looked into High pressure sodium for when you switch to flower. It offers a much better spectrum for the plants, your MH is perfect for veg though.

We have a intake from a different room and the light is exhausted out different wall and out a chimney. The walls have white plastic sheeting and the floor is also covered in the sheeting. We also have a small house fan just to circulate the air in the room. The ballast that we have is a switchable one that one way is HPS and the other way is MH.

I have a friend that grew in a huge garage and in order to cut down the size, he went down to home depot or sears i cant remember and asked them for some of their throw away refridgerator boxes. He got two of them and made them into one big one. he painted the inside flat white and had a great grow room for free. Also if you cut the size down with some boxes, it will be much easier to control the humidity. Which by the way should not be much of an issue. Your in pretty good shape. I'll have to check back on this one.

Ok here is one more question to go along with the others. When it is time to put them into flowering what watt bulb would be best with the type of ballast that we are using? The ballast is a switchable one: one side is HPS and the other is MH.

1000 w hps if that is what your ballast is rated for. Don't mis-match the wattage between lights and balasts.

GL

TF

Since you are not limited by height I would leave the plants on 24hrs MH 1000w until they are about 24". Then I would switch to 12 on 12 off 100w HPS. Once you grow the strain once you will know how much it stretches and be able to judge how long to veg better next time.

What the hell? I hit send one time and it sent a bunch????

Ok there are 3 different strains in the 12 that we have goin. So should that make any difference on the veg. time?

Maybe this will help. They are: MK Ultra, G13 Haze, and Afghan.

Latest posts

Back