helping someone move = free hps light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subie73

Reaction score
so i got this free with the bulb today for helping a friend move. 150w hps bulb. this is not the exact pic but its the exact item.

how safe is it using hps in was of fire or such, and whats the best way to cool it or the plants down? will a simple desk fan work?

1123.jpg

now that's ideal!!

and cut a hole for a computer fan to hook up..hmm?

easy to mount, easy to adjust, that's brilliant right here!

papabeach1 said:
now that's ideal!!

and cut a hole for a computer fan to hook up..hmm?

easy to mount, easy to adjust, that's brilliant right here!

very. i might take off the case and just use the ballast because its heavy and might be to hard to cut a hole in but then again i could just drill like 10 holes in the shape of the fan and stick it on the side. it was just sitting in his garage and he gave it to me. the bulb is 15000 Lumen and 2200k so not bad.

I have the same one for a small growbox I have (18" x 18" x 48"), works great. I hooked up two fans, one pulling air into the box and the other pulling out, temps were ok. If you are not familiar with electricity have someone wire a grounded cord onto it for you so you can plug it in. They are hot but not super hot.

THCPezDispenser said:
I have the same one for a small growbox I have (18" x 18" x 48"), works great. I hooked up two fans, one pulling air into the box and the other pulling out, temps were ok. If you are not familiar with electricity have someone wire a grounded cord onto it for you so you can plug it in. They are hot but not super hot.

its already got a plug wire to it:)

Sweet! You are good to go! And Papa thanks for that link, nice mod on the light I might try.

THCPezDispenser said:
Sweet! You are good to go! And Papa thanks for that link, nice mod on the light I might try.

i might just leave the light as is so in case someone does see it they don't get suspicious. just try to cool the plants.

I know that post has been detailed.. but I can do better.. like get glass off
frames off, then get bulb off.. then cut the holes from the opposite side not on where socket is..

drill many holes as you can.. then from the outside side, just add the computer fan and screw it in.. add red wire for hot, and use black wire connect to the ground wire.. simple.. then put bulb, glass and frame back, you are good to go, maybe make a 2x4 stand so it can be movable.. and very adjustable with your one hand very nice!

I am using 2 of those for a 2 x 2' space--I did a little DIY work on them. Go to the DIY section and do a search on 150W and you will find a couple of different things that can be done with those lights.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Your main problem is that someone you know now knows you have a grow light....

well i know he sells coke and has illegal guns so its a fair trade off.

JMO but if you get caught with coke and illegal guns I don't think ratting on your friend who has a few pot plants is going get you anywhere. Ratting on your coke supplier or arms dealer maybe.

manels1111 said:
JMO but if you get caught with coke and illegal guns I don't think ratting on your friend who has a few pot plants is going get you anywhere. Ratting on your coke supplier or arms dealer maybe.

they go up the trial not down it. so yeah

Latest posts

Back