hermie?? Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
So i came home after a few days away from my garden an found 1 of my 5 females had pollen sacs on it, i found 2 sacs removed the plant completely from the area, the other plants look fine an i dont see any nanners or pollen sacks. What should i do just finish? Im 4 weeks into flowering. BtL

wow...what ever ya choose be sure to mist the room down. water kills pollen

well, check for any light leaks or any stress that might have caused that. if all is in check, then it is genetics, so you cannot do much more than to keep a close watch on your plants until they finish, and make sure that no others will herm. Good luck!

Was it a fem seed? Where did you buy them? Zem has pretty much told you everything you can do. Whether it is stress or genetics, you are going to have to keep a good eye on the rest of the plants through the remainder of the flowering as 1 did hermy. We will keep our fingers crossed for no more he-shes or shims as one of my friends call them.

You can spray your plants with water to kill the pollen if you have no danger of powdery mildew. I live in a dry place and can do that. Take everything out of the growroom and CLEAN well with soap and water or just water, be sure to get the tops of your lights, the cords, i always, twice now, forget the cords.... mist the room, the walls floors etc. good luck and don't use those genetics anymore.

Had my first hermie in my last garden, my sixth one. Took it to the basement, fixed up a grow space and tried to grow it to maturity, to see what happens. Did not have a good enough light. Only grew nanners in 3 small spots. Those, I picked off and destroyed. The weed has quite a few small immature seeds. Smoke wise, it`s worth keeping. Seeds will be burnt.

PS,
Have not found any affect on the rest of the girls.

I personally would not feel comfortable at all having a hermie anywhere under the same roof and other plants. Pollen can spread a long ways and be carried on your hair or clothing...or the air itself. And you could end up with only a few nanners or you could end up with a plant with hundreds that spews tons of pollen. I destroy all hermies and any resulting seeds. You probably will not even notice the loss of this plant. The other plants will most likely grow a bit larger, a result of each having more space and more light.

THG is right, but if you remove the him/her, i still would mist my other girls to prevent seeds. The thing is this can effect your next grow if you aren't meticulous.

Everything is harvested, dried and is in the process of being cured. My garden room is in an unattached garage. The hermie was removed from the garage room to the basement. Always tended to the garden room first, then the hermie. Never know what will happen `till you try it. Peace.

Well i got lucky i guess the rest of the plants are doin good. I been watching close! So far so good, couple weeks till harvest. BtL

Not just light leaks and genetics will cause hermies. Heavy trimming and topping can stress a plant to hermie. Also I read somewhere maybe in dj shorts article or some other anyway it said don't top trim or fim plants during weeks 3-4. It increases the odds of the plant turning on you. Basically no stress during this time.
I tried growing nirvana's blue mystic reg. About 10-11 yrs ago and out of 2 packs about 1 out of 4 plants hermied with no trimming or light leaks so I never bought it again. Halfway decent smoke though.

I have often had to trim or top a plant that was that far into flowering without any resulting hermies. I truly believe that most plants that hermy are the result of light leaks or bad genetics or both. Over the many many years that I have been growing I have made about every mistake that is possible to make and I can count the number of hermies I have had on the fingers of one hand (not counting the thumb).

This is 3-4 weeks into veg growth. I agree genetics matter just grow out some mexican brickweed.

Latest posts

Back