Hermorphiditing (however u spell it :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSativa

Reaction score
I either have a morph problem or the male plant i found in the budding room was about 2 weeks old and it might have pollenated the room. BUT my question is. Is there a way to keep your plants from hermorphiditing? My Ph levels are always good. 7.0 usually. Maybe as low as 6.5. Seems growing from seed is a big chance that a male will sneak in there and pollenate my girls. This is the first grow that my plants have had soooo many seeds. Any advice on how to deal with morphing? Is there a nute that helps with the morphing? I guess i have to use nothing but clones from now on. To bad BC Seedking.com has some great product and i have had great luck with seeds til now.
Also what is the best preditor to buy to eat spider mites? I sure hate those things!!!! No matter what i do they always take over. Hope all is well with all your guys grow. It's a great feeling when your end result is seed free and healthy. I love this forum. it has helped me through troubled times. Nothing like networking. Thep power of the internet. Help me! Thanks everyone!!!!
UncleSativa:D

I read Lady Birds feed on spider mites and are harmless to plants, They are also easy to find.. No need to buy them :D
Hermaphrodites Suck! I have two myself but plan to grow them anyway cause they are the only two i have and I haven't had a smoke in months...
They say to avoid them U shouldn't stress your girls with any kind of lights when they are sleeping, or to keep your grow-room completely dark when lights are off..
But it's also a matter of luck i believe and how strong your seeds are... Something you can not be so sure of...
One way to avoid them is not to grow from seeds you found in good smoke... Or so the Hemp Goddess says :D
Keep growing!
Good luck!

I think that the biggest reason that females turn hermie are irregular lighting or light leaks during flowering. If you used (high quality) bagseed, there is a good possibility that those seeds came from a hermie mother and simply passed the trait on. This is why we don't like hermie seeds. They should be destroyed. JFYI, clones can hermie, too.

If you had a male in there, it could have pollinated the females. However, I think that the male would have had to be more than 2 weeks into flowering to drop pollen--however, I am not certain. You can tell by looking at the male flowers if they have opened. What did the males flowers look like when you removed it from the room?

i agree with the goddess on this.not all the time..but usually if you grow from some seeds you got outta some good green..you'll end up with more herms than females. i wouldnt be lettin my ph get to 7..i'd stay around 6.2-6.6 if all your plants have seeds developing on em..it sounds like you had one or 2 herms/males,and they just pollinated the others.if your not late in flowering..if your gonna finish em..i'd check out the threads on making hash...dont regrow the seeds though,just throw em out....this feelin is the worst one you'll get when growing..besides gettin busted of course (unless your legal) =) peace

I just finished my first grow with some bagseed and ended up with two "females" one of which ended up being a SHIM (lol) and I didnt notice it untill I harvested. I ended up with only some seeds and most were towards the bottom of the plant but the smoke ended up being REALLY good. I got lucky though and my other plant that I had in the same room right next to the Herm was fine and I havent found any seeds in her. It sucks to do everything right then end up with a herm but there isnt much we can do about genetics and mother nature. Good luck with the rest of your grow.

"I think that the biggest reason that females turn hermie are irregular lighting or light leaks during flowering. If you used (high quality) bagseed, there is a good possibility that those seeds came from a hermie mother and simply passed the trait on. This is why we don't like hermie seeds. They should be destroyed. JFYI, clones can hermie, too. "

I did not know that but that explains alot. I remember one of my first posts ever I said "I got my seeds from some really good bagseed!" lol, guess there is no such thing. lol. Thanks for the info Goddess. :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you used (high quality) bagseed, there is a good possibility that those seeds came from a hermie mother and simply passed the trait on.

So does that mean schwag seed has a better breeding potential than seeds pulled from a sack of hydro?

lol no,if not the same chances than i'd wanna say worst,and plus..why the heck would you wanna grow shwag?imho if your gonna invest the money/time/effort in growing..grow the good green.you can get poo poos everywhere...you wanna grow the good strains.the best thing to do with shwag,is to give it out,throw it out...or dont waste your money on it.a beer will get ya more buzzed than some shwag.minds as well kill a double deuce or somethin

Hehe I don't mean to downplay the role of good genetics here but I read something different in the hemp godess' post. Most schwag is schwag because of how it was grown imo. I think you can grow good grass from bag seed. But it makes perfect sense to me that a sack of hydro was probablly taken care of as it grew and the chance of a male being undetected is much smaller so if you see a seed then it was more likely than not a hermie to blame. With regular grass the seeds probablly came honest, from real males. My thinking is that most of that grass is grown outdoors in plots giving males ample chance to hide. Therefore you technically have better stock in those seeds that come from schwag :D

Latest posts

Back