Hey Cyberquest...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
Hey bro
I ordered the same HPS setup from HTG supply as you. I just found you post that you stated you want to get the MH version next. I ordered the MH conversion bulb to go with mine.
Just thought I would remind you about those conversions, way cheaper than a whole new system.

Just trying to look out for ya

check this out dude, not two seconds ago my brother called from work. he found laying in the back room 2 400w MH lights with ballast built in them, said they were under a bunch of other crap. he said he walked up to his boss who happend to be be drunk as a skunk and asked if he could have " a light" he found down in the basement and his boss said "sure go ahead"

so here in like 15 minutes i am supposed to go pick up the lights out in back of his work. since he asked we arent stealing, he just didnt get into detail about what "lights" he was talking about.... :rofl: they just built the place not too long ago, a converted old harley davidson store made into a restaraunt, my guess is they are some old security lights from the transformation.

but thanks for the heads up on the bulbs. if for some reason these dont work out i will definatly look into those!

man these are some big feakin lights. they are deffinatly left over shop lights they have taken down and not used cause they have no place in a restaraunt.

they are only 175w though, they have a sticker on the bottom that says the housing for the light says its rated up to 400w but its a 175w ballast and bulb. but hey, free is free! they can be wired 220v or 110v too so thats a plus.

cyberquest said:
man these are some big feakin lights. they are deffinatly left over shop lights they have taken down and not used cause they have no place in a restaraunt.

they are only 175w though, they have a sticker on the bottom that says the housing for the light says its rated up to 400w but its a 175w ballast and bulb. but hey, free is free! they can be wired 220v or 110v too so thats a plus.

Thas a ravin score!!

man i dont know where or how i am gonna use these bad boys, but where there is a will, THERE IS A WAY :rofl:

actually this might get the last peice of motivation i need to start building a cabinet. maybe a nice two part section where the light is enclosed in the top, and has a large hole cut for the light to shine thru, this might actually keep heat down inside the grow area, so i can get the plants closer to it.

light.jpg

damn... its time for wiring 101 to make that into a remote balast.

yeah zman i been lookin at them sitting here all night, i think we might crack into one of them and see what things look like inside and see if we cant just used the parts from the light.

make a nice duel 175w MH veg cabinet;) i am pretty handy with electrical cause i took all the building maintanence classes i could back when i was in school.

Latest posts

Back