Hi, I'm poopsie! And I have a question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, again! Today I was playing Hendrix and dancing for my plant (it makes her laugh) and then I stopped to look at her and I think I see a pistil!!! So either she is getting ready to flower, or maybe has just barely started to flower. I took pictures of her two tallest points to show you. (The presumed pistil is in front of my hand.)

Also, I've been doing tonzo reading on the site, and last night I learned about LST or tying down, and so I wanted to ask the consensus whether now would be a good time to do that for my plant.

Okay, thanks for looking at my baby girl, Sandy. Any mothering advice for me is mucho appreciated!! I hope everyone is growing well!!!

IMG_1813-1.jpg

IMG_1811-1.jpg

hello poopsie, yes that plant is female, congrats, as for LST, i dont do it but i think it is best done in the veg. state..... any kinda stress you want to evoid when the plant is flowering... but as i said i dont do it... some one that does will chime in in a few with your answer.....

Thanks, JBonez. I love the Boosh, too!

Okay, I didn't realize you had to tie down early. I read through all kajillion pages of Puffin AFatty's journal of his humungous Snow White plant, which was totally mindblowing, but I didn't pay attention to when exactly he was tying stuff. Anyway, thanks Gettinggray for clearing that up for me before I did anything drastic!:)

Time for a grow journal to start and leave the introduction section to introductions only ;)

Since it is the only plant, even if it did become a male you would not have to worry about him pollinating other plants. Time will tell and you have nothing to worry about. I have a good feeling you have a little lady though but we will see soon sure enough!

gettinggray1964 said:
have you thought about cloneing????????

Well, I did consider it, but I wasn't really sure if this was the time to do it, or if I would succeed since I don't even know where to find cloning solution locally. I'd probably have to order it. I've just been feeding her "naturally" the whole time with molasses, salts, kombucha scobies, green tea, etc. This morning when I checked on her I noticed her first preflower calyx with two little thingies sticking out. Ha! Maybe I should start a grow journal today. (Sorry, HippyInEngland! Didn't mean to wear out my welcome.) But if she's preflowering is that too late to clone?

no alot of people clone in preflower and flower... i think puffin afatty made a thread about cloneing in flower... i just clone a bag seed plant that has been in 12-12 for 10 days seems to be working for me....

poopsie said:
(Sorry, HippyInEngland! Didn't mean to wear out my welcome.)

Hello Poopsie :), no need to say sorry, all im doing is giving a bit of advice, this introduction section does not get looked at that often, but if you have a grow journal you get LOTS of members look ;)

:peace:

You use green tea??? Tell me more......kombucha scobies?

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
You use green tea??? Tell me more......kombucha scobies?

Well, green tea is a natural source of nitrogen, and since I make my own kombucha tea, after I brew the green tea I add the leaves to the soil for nitrogen. And old kombucha scobies are a natural fertilizer because it's "good" bacteria. It also wards off insects.

Two things I already have on hand anyway, so it's just free plant food. I add those to all of my house plants.

Cool! Sounds good. I extracted sage from some organic leaves the other day and fed it to a houseplant and now has a waxy thick coating of protection. I think the sage juice or whatever it was (I steamed it over hot water and used the liquid after it cooled) I guess it has a catalyst or natural fulvic acid that buffs up the plant flesh. I thought that was interesting. I fed them left over Belgian pale ale last night too. As of now they just smell like beer LOL.

Latest posts

Back