HID/HPS from Home depot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I am ordering most of my stuff from HTG but just one bulb of each on the HID/HPS.. My question is... I briefly saw HID/HPS bulbs in cardboard packs over at one of the Home depots in my town and said to myself cool ( incase on of my bulbs went out I dont have to wait for an online order to arrive) I could just go there for a replacement.. Anyone know if these bulbs are the kind used to grow? Thanks Hero

My Lowes and Agent Orange both stock 400w hps bulbs but not 600watters.....I buy my bulbs from 1000bulbs .com.....like 6 bucks for 400w hps and 30 something for 600w hps bulbs.

yeap, I was using a home Depot bulb in my 400 watter for the past year, worked just fine, was like 16 bucks or something. Like Hampster said, thats as large as they go though.

IMO, it is a mistake to not have a spare bulb on hand all the time.

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, it is a mistake to not have a spare bulb on hand all the time.

I agree whole-heartedly, the moment you're 12/12 light cycle is most critical, (the beginning stage of flowering), will most likely be the time it goes out! I personally use the son agro 430 watt hps with increased blue spectrum, and always keep two lamps on hand. Haven't run into a dud hps yet, but you never know! It'd hurt my feelings to "be prepared" only to find out my on-hand replacement lamp was nonviable! it's worth the preparation, take it from someone who lost a crop of 6 waiting 8 days for a new lamp to show (freaking EBay!) they were right at 6 weeks flowering, so not a total loss, but I ended up with about half the quantity, and a third the quality product I was expecting from that strain (which I'd grown before and had a descent basis for comparison). Good luck what ever you decide...

Latest posts

Back