High, from Mo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veggies its no problem because you can wash it all with Dr Bonners soap. Get it at Walmart. Good stuff to mix with neem too. Cant wash neem off buds but you can give them a peroxide "bath" right after harvest to kill mold. All the crud floats to the top. Skim it off with a paper towel before taking the buds out to dry off.
you can give them a peroxide "bath" right after harvest to kill mold.

The gears are turning...

I am no longer growing at the moment, but when I was, I was dealing with p.m. on a regular basis. I learned that washing my flowers at harvest gave me clean buds with zero side effects… i’m starting to realize that more people are doing this than not nowadays…good housekeeping

IIRC its a 1.5% solution so equal parts water and peroxide if using the common 3%. From what i recall it basically safe to use as a foliar too but it can kill healthy plant parts like pistils.

For harvest its just a small wash pan, quick soak, rinse and shake/dry.

Hello Bob and welcome aboard.

I appreciate your intro.

Your thoughts on old school weed compared to new age weed is right on.

I grew up as a teenager in the 60’s in Southern California where a lot of strains that you mentioned were also available in Cali.

Looks like you will have plenty of time between now and next spring to figure out the style of grow you most like.

And there are plenty of Master Ganja Gardeners hanging around here that are full of shit , er I mean great knowledge and are sometimes happy to help….

no , that last statement was a lie and the only info they will give you is add more cal mag and wait two more weeks

in fact , if I am not mistaken , which is seldom , there is another member here who also lives in Misery , er , I mean Missouri , dam spellcheck , and he grows outdoors

do you know if you want to grow indoors or outdoors?

also , your two plants look good…..but……it has been my experience that two plants size by side like yours , don’t do well , seems they compete for water and nutrients which leaves one plant stunted and one semi healthy

the good news is , you will probably be able to harvest some buds for some good old home grown herbs

I hope I am wrong and both of those plants thrive and you get a decent harvest

View attachment 337049
Hey bob I have three Columbian plants going. I grew a lot of weed in the 80 from seeds of what ever I could buy. I smoked some of that was called Columbian gold one time and im pretty sure it was. My uncle bought two oz 35$ an oz. I smoked it and saw swimmers got sick threw up. I got to high. That pure sativa was to strong for a new smoker.
I seem to be the last of the the last of the gorilla growers. I live in the number two crime city on the lake. I dont have a car. I take two trains and a bus to the burbs for a place to grow. Back for 2023 is my newest thread If you wanna check it out. Welcome aboard.
I order seeds from a few company online if your green to buying seeds. I was paranoid ten years ago now very few seeds are checked in customs. Good to have you here.

Hey bob I have three Columbian plants going. I grew a lot of weed in the 80 from seeds of what ever I could buy. I smoked some of that was called Columbian gold one time and im pretty sure it was. My uncle bought two oz 35$ an oz. I smoked it and saw swimmers got sick threw up. I got to high. That pure sativa was to strong for a new smoker.
I seem to be the last of the the last of the gorilla growers. I live in the number two crime city on the lake. I dont have a car. I take two trains and a bus to the burbs for a place to grow. Back for 2023 is my newest thread If you wanna check it out. Welcome aboard.
I order seeds from a few company online if your green to buying seeds. I was paranoid ten years ago now very few seeds are checked in customs. Good to have you here.
I had a whole chest of drawers filled with 1 oz bags of that Gold we sold for 35.00 oz back around that time… those were the days 😊

I had a whole chest of drawers filled with 1 oz bags of that Gold we sold for 35.00 oz back around that time… those were the days 😊
We had 2 ibs of it when the house got raided back in the 70's
They could not find it, we got wind a raid was coming and a very smart person got it out to the backyard under an out piece of wood laying on rear ground

I always remember that stuff and wonder why it disappeared. I mean one reason is the days of flying weed in old cargo planes ended a long time ago. Seems like someone with the seeds and know how from the day could replicate it.

Wonderful weed it was, gold like the color of tobacco in cigarettes. Seeded, as was most weed of the day, but pliable enough you could squeeze them out. Not heavily seeded, but seeds. Smelled earthy, little like chocolate, and Hashy when burned. About 1976 was the last time I saw it. A flood of it, then gone never to return. I remember being at parties in '76 and people were smoking "Bicentenial bowls" which was the gold pot, with a touch of phencyclidine and a Roher 714 qualude mashed on top. ( sort of like mixing fine whiskey with pop.)

That stuff would sell like hot cakes today. Guess its lost forever....or, somewhere in some Columbian corner someone still is? Surely "Strain Hunters" would have found it!

there is some very nice Columbian gold x uk cheese seeds floating around

some folks have been calling it c-red or cred

we got the original seeds from old barefoot out in California , made more seeds , passed around a lot of them

i hope I have some more stashed away cause I need a redo on that strandivar

there is some very nice Columbian gold x uk cheese seeds floating around

some folks have been calling it c-red or cred

we got the original seeds from old barefoot out in California , made more seeds , passed around a lot of them

i hope I have some more stashed away cause I need a redo on that strandivar
I see some seed slingers selling seeds of "Coloumbian Gold" but, really? Who knows. I would like to talk to someone from the day that was in on the growing and curing. That wasnt pressed swag, someone loved that pot.

I've stared at it and wondered, whether it was that color when cut, or if it came from the cure. I'm inclined to
think/hope that the plant was this color at harvest. I remember thinking it was all a consistent gold, not green/gold but gold like cig tobbacco.

Holler if you find the genuine article.

Bubba

I always remember that stuff and wonder why it disappeared. I mean one reason is the days of flying weed in old cargo planes ended a long time ago. Seems like someone with the seeds and know how from the day could replicate it.

Wonderful weed it was, gold like the color of tobacco in cigarettes. Seeded, as was most weed of the day, but pliable enough you could squeeze them out. Not heavily seeded, but seeds. Smelled earthy, little like chocolate, and Hashy when burned. About 1976 was the last time I saw it. A flood of it, then gone never to return. I remember being at parties in '76 and people were smoking "Bicentenial bowls" which was the gold pot, with a touch of phencyclidine and a Roher 714 qualude mashed on top. ( sort of like mixing fine whiskey with pop.)

That stuff would sell like hot cakes today. Guess its lost forever....or, somewhere in some Columbian corner someone still is? Surely "Strain Hunters" would have found it!
Would love to have some seed for sure. A blast from the past and exactly like you described it on the east coast

I see some seed slingers selling seeds of "Coloumbian Gold" but, really? Who knows. I would like to talk to someone from the day that was in on the growing and curing. That wasnt pressed swag, someone loved that pot.

I've stared at it and wondered, whether it was that color when cut, or if it came from the cure. I'm inclined to
think/hope that the plant was this color at harvest. I remember thinking it was all a consistent gold, not green/gold but gold like cig tobbacco.

Holler if you find the genuine article.

Bubba

I will look through my seed stash and see if I have any Columbians

i think I have some mangoe biche but I am not sure

I won some feminized Acapulco Gold seeds from Herbie's. I plan on popping them this winter. I'll let ya know how it compares to the old stuff of our youth.

I won some feminized Acapulco Gold seeds from Herbie's. I plan on popping them this winter. I'll let ya know how it compares to the old stuff of our youth.

I have a theory why we will never find the weed we smoked in our youth ……for me that begins around 1963

here is my theory about n a nutshell:

we will never find it , and it being the high we experienced back then

why?

I think it is because when I was a teenager with zero cares or responsibilities in life , free as a bird , changing from childhood into adulthood , all that had a significant impact on my high

i will never ever be that 16 year old hippie kid smoking dope…ever again.

I think the weed of today is just as good as it was back then , hell , maybe even better

but I have changed and so has my experience

IMG_4869.jpeg

I've been thinking about that for a couple decades! Somebody must have the Columbian Gold story from back then, right?

Bubba

I have a theory why we will never find the weed we smoked in our youth ……for me that begins around 1963

here is my theory about n a nutshell:

we will never find it , and it being the high we experienced back then

why?

I think it is because when I was a teenager with zero cares or responsibilities in life , free as a bird , changing from childhood into adulthood , all that had a significant impact on my high

i will never ever be that 16 year old hippie kid smoking dope…ever again.

I think the weed of today is just as good as it was back then , hell , maybe even better

but I have changed and so has my experience

View attachment 338122
True in general, but this is a particular weed, maybe all came from same place? It isnt a wonderment of nostalgia, I remember knowing this was something special. We saw it, and it was different. Would love to talk to the folks responsible for it. Maybe some old high times articles from the day.
I would love to hear that story!

Yep! That's it...

I was just searching as well! Mostly led to guys talking about the same issue, weed of yore.
I remember as a kid, really liking a snack cake called Micky Banana Flip. Even better than the RC cola and a Moon Pie.

It was kind of like a big fluffy taco shaped affair, but the "shell" was made from the sort of cake like Twinkies are composed of. The filling was an inch thick layer of that white sugary fill that is inside Twinkies.

I stumbled on one quite some years back, and bought it. Ukkk. Sugar grit white poofy stuff, 😞 just terrible.

I don't think this weed would be like that. Other than it would be dried to dust by now.

Those strains and folks associated with them are very likely to be gone.

Latest posts

Back