High PPM water, and RO systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
So I am getting close to finishing my first grow and am starting to consider upgrading for future grows. I have well water right now which I haven't tested since I started my grow a while back but I want to say it had like 1200 ppms or something. I am NOT going to be buying distilled water again for my next grow, as having bought a RO system would have paid for itself by now. Now, I had upgraded my water system for the whole house which had added a 3 stage RO, which lowered the ppms to around 200ish. I would like to add another 4+ stage RO strictly for my grow. Does anyone happen to be dealing with/have dealt with a situation like mine with the high ppms and found the ability to lower them to near zero?

Yes... and just on city water it can be as high as 890ppms... maybe more... never measured each day throughout the entire year... but can drop to the mid 500's at times... don't fully understand why this is, but it does.

The 4stage (stealth 200 by hydrologic) gets my ppms down to 20-40 depending, where the pH will go between 5.9-6.2. With your garage set-up, you should easily reach the less than 30 mark, if not 10.

Peace.

BTW your well water is higher than my max nute mix... lol!

Oregon Bob said:
Yes... and just on city water it can be as high as 890ppms... maybe more... never measured each day throughout the entire year... but can drop to the mid 500's at times... don't fully understand why this is, but it does.

The 4stage (stealth 200 by hydrologic) gets my ppms down to 20-40 depending, where the pH will go between 5.9-6.2. With your garage set-up, you should easily reach the less than 30 mark, if not 10.

Peace.

BTW your well water is higher than my max nute mix... lol!
What are your starting ppms?

Out of the RO its is 20-40ppm, after my initial 10-15g flush w membrane/filter changes. Usually change out when hit 60-70ppm.

If referring to nute levels, then it depends, but in general:
- cuttings/seedling @ 400
- early veg & at xf @ 500-600
- regular veg @ 700-840
- early flower @ 700-800
- max flower @ 950-1050
- last 1.5 weeks, step-down from 850 to 30 for last 3 days.

Just as a reference as it all depends... peace brother!

Oregon Bob said:
Out of the RO its is 20-40ppm, after my initial 10-15g flush w membrane/filter changes. Usually change out when hit 60-70ppm.

If referring to nute levels, then it depends, but in general:
- cuttings/seedling @ 400
- early veg & at xf @ 500-600
- regular veg @ 700-840
- early flower @ 700-800
- max flower @ 950-1050
- last 1.5 weeks, step-down from 850 to 30 for last 3 days.

Just as a reference as it all depends... peace brother!
I mean, what were your starting ppms before going through the RO?

1200 ppms. I would get the water tested to find out what is in there. That can't be good. My water is 480 ppm before ro and 14 after.

Anywhere from 500-900 depending upon the time of year... from the tap, no ro, no softener. Peace & sorry about the confusion!

yea Shock my well is the same way 1000ppm, I am stuck with buying too.....im deff going RO next time around! worth the investment, because I buy drinking water as well!

Criz

crizzo357 said:
yea Shock my well is the same way 1000ppm, I am stuck with buying too.....im deff going RO next time around! worth the investment, because I buy drinking water as well!

Criz
yea I buy drinking water too...

Latest posts

Back