Hit me up with the basics...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek the best

SNARF SNARF!!
Reaction score
first off, whats the approximate amount of time it takes to grow a full marijuana plant and start picking?

and what will be the needed equipment in order to do so?

i would take it that you should expect the whole process to take around 16 weeks.By the time you germinate the seed keep it under a125watt envirolight or similar for the first couple of weeks then put HER(think positive)into veg for around 6-8 weeks then another 8-10weeks flower,hey then allow a couple of weeks(at least)for the curing and drying process.dude dont rush things.your gionna need some meatal hilide(blue spectrum)for veg and switch it over to hps (red spectrum) two weeks after you initiate flowering(to ease stretch&try to keep her dense as apposed to tall)i,i aint no expert but i having amazing results using the advice and tips ive gained from fellow growers,good luck and peace bro!check out my baby in the gallery upload let me know what ya think!

Hi there!
You can readily find all this info already posted on this site! Simply type it in the search tab and yer off and running!! But I'll try to give you a very basic list of items for a start up. Depending on what type of system you end up running you should have a circulating fan, lights( o'course) a space to grow in, some way insure a light tite closure, timers are a must, a thermometer/humidity meter, you may eventually need some way to rid your area of odor so think about that if you need it. And the containers you grow in are completely up to you and how deeply you want to get into the science of growing yer own. I use a very simple wick system for my plants and I know a friend who uses rain gutters and a flow and ebb system that's beyond my capacity for space. Yu may want to try carbon dioxide in your system and that's another area you should definately read up on before trying.
I could go onand on but you get the picture. Read around on this site and others to gather the info you need for a successful grow that won't get you frustrated if something goes wrong (it happens). #1? Don't tell a bunch of people you are growing your own herb. Here it's ok since no one really knows YOU but at home it's just best to be a stealth grower and keep it low profile.
Grow on and be safe!:)

SativaWeed said:
Hi there!
You can readily find all this info already posted on this site! Simply type it in the search tab and yer off and running!! But I'll try to give you a very basic list of items for a start up. Depending on what type of system you end up running you should have a circulating fan, lights( o'course) a space to grow in, some way insure a light tite closure, timers are a must, a thermometer/humidity meter, you may eventually need some way to rid your area of odor so think about that if you need it. And the containers you grow in are completely up to you and how deeply you want to get into the science of growing yer own. I use a very simple wick system for my plants and I know a friend who uses rain gutters and a flow and ebb system that's beyond my capacity for space. Yu may want to try carbon dioxide in your system and that's another area you should definately read up on before trying.
I could go onand on but you get the picture. Read around on this site and others to gather the info you need for a successful grow that won't get you frustrated if something goes wrong (it happens). #1? Don't tell a bunch of people you are growing your own herb. Here it's ok since no one really knows YOU but at home it's just best to be a stealth grower and keep it low profile.
Grow on and be safe!:)
Yeah i told a guy about my grow after a few beers.he was a friend but the next day wen i sobered up i really fraked out thinkig the dude would blab,however hes cool and kept it quiet but now all he keeps going on about is whens it ready,damm i shoulda kept qiet!

loose lips sink ships,get me. am kinda worried myself.had a person find out about my grow also.not by me.just happened into my grow area.damn.

ek the best said:
first off, whats the approximate amount of time it takes to grow a full marijuana plant and start picking?

and what will be the needed equipment in order to do so?

ok so you order some seeds [1wk - 4wks]
you build your grow [while waitin fer beans]
you sprout said seeds [2-4 days]
you pant beans and veg [2-4 wks]
now you sex your seedlings [1-2wks]
chop males and flip to 12/12 for [8-10 wks] and harvest your crop
drying and a nice cure adds 4 more weeks or so, but you can smoke some as soon as it drys, [3-4days]

soooooo, by my math, skakey at best, about 13-21 weeks should get you the smoke you seek grasshoppa

you could start in dirt, outdoors, or indoors [then you need a light and a pot] or you could go hydro, like hempy and then you need a soilless medium, and if you need to hide the grow indoors, you need a closet or box [that requires ventilation] and you will need nutes

did I miss anything :confused2:

If you have yourself well prepared and don't cause any set backs by giving too he gals too much food. As long as you hit your 3000 lumen per sq ft.(More is good:p) Have proper ventilation and mediums you can get your weed in 5 months, and if you're on the ball, MUCH quicker after that,

Latest posts

Back