Holy Flouro Grow, Batman!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clever Intuition:
Something I picked up at a lecture I heard once in college.... Maybe just a wives tale. Just something I held on to, and carried with me into my decision to grow.....

Capt. Skinx said:
First of all....
MrPuffAlot: Here you go. Bottle is a 2 litre, sitting on a 2 gl pot. Plant is in a 3 gl pot.....

Thanks Capt. That really helps to scale everything.
So your plant is actually pretty dang big..

Nice..:hubba:

Yeah, man. She turned out a lot fuller than I expected. There was some stretching (again, flouros), but she swelled and filled in REAL nice.....

Have_a_nice_day said:
Very nice bro. How many days did it veg and how tall was it when you forced it to flower?

Days Veg: ABOUT 6 weeks
Flower Forcing: plant was ABOUT 15-18 inches tall
Closer to three feet, now.
She at least doubled in the last month......
Both plants in flower are drinking a Gallon of amendment per week: 1 gallon water, 40ml Botanicare pro Bloom, 20ml Blackstrap Molasses mixed together the night before watering. Half a gallon per plant, twice a week.....

OK: so a few of you were asking why no pics of my second plant. Reason: she's a different strain (also a week behind my big plant), and not a big yielder or very impressive.
HOWEVER..... in the last two days of flower this smaller plant has taken on a VERY PUNGENT odor of grapes/fruit.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......
In retrospect, I regret not keeping a photo-record of plant # 2, but, whatta ya gonna do, eh?
Anyway, here are some new pics:
Big Cola: Day 46 of flower (strain unknown, smell: PINY)
Small Cola: Day 38 of flower (strain unknown, smell: GRAPES/FRUIT COCKTAILish)
Seedlings: bigguns, day 16. littleun, day 4
ENJOY!!!!

15SEPT07 006.JPG

15SEPT07 003.JPG

15SEPT07 002.JPG

15SEPT07 004.JPG

15SEPT07 007.JPG

My favorite is the big cola... but the small one does smell like fruit cocktail so... LOL.

BTW, how many watts do you have on your seedlings? I presoaked my seeds yesterday and planted them last night, and I don't mean to sound like a total "noob" but what should I do now?

Just keep the soil MOIST evenly until they break soil. Then, I don't water till they look a little droopy (usually about once aweek).
The biggger seedlings I have are under a 26WT5 per seedling, The small one just has to share for now. Once I harvest the two big plants, seedlings will move down to the big lights: 6 x 24WT5 (144W total)....

I have 2 of my seeds under two 23 watt CFL bulbs(they say 100w replacement, only use 23 watts of power or somethin like that). Do you think that's enough?

For seedlings, I think that should be plenty. After about three weeks you might try something bigger. It kinda depends on how quickly they grow, and how much they stretch during veg. If they are stretching a bunch during veg, you need more light. Mine are staying pretty squat, so I believe I have plenty of light....

Cool, I have a reflector and like 4 more CFL bulbs to use after the transplant. Thanks for all the help Capt. will probably have questions for you later on too :D

NO, MAN. If you keep it wet, you'll damp 'em off. Choke 'em out, you know. Just keep it moist. What I do is every other day, I spray the soil around the base of the seedling with a spray bottle. About 1 fluid ounce, not much at all. Try noy to let beads of water build up on the leaves, either, as a droplet of water is an AMAZING little natural magnifying glass, and WILL allow the lights to burn perfect little circles on your leaves. After they are established (i.e., thier first true set of leaves), you should only have to water every 5-7 days. And then, water till it runs out the bottom of your grow container, then don't water again until she starts to droop a little.

Ok, right now I have my seeds growing in little cups, should the cups have holes in the bottom?

Also, my soil seems to dry like an hour after watering... whats up with that?

Yes, your cups should have holes in the bottom.
Probably your lights, Just dying the soil out. No biggie.
Watch the littleuns. They'll droop when they need water......

Latest posts

Back