Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning OFC !-- Got my chores done-- quite pleased with myself !- --It's cold !-- Gonna rain !-- alot !-- Stiff and sore !- Was exhausted and slept 2 long !--
Gonna drink coffee and smoke weed today !-- Until I recover!--Need more coffee !--Back to the pipe !
- It'll be good to watch and wait awhile !
Growing up we kept a worm box !- Old broken fridge laid on it's back filled with dirt and compost - The door lock was broken so it couldn't lock--A block kept the door open a 2 inches - Always plenty worms -- We used the worms to catch perch for live catfish bait !- Prepping ?-- Only what I got between my ears !-- Fuel - Liqour--weed - I be trading for stuff I need - Hope the peppers bought good **** ?
Oh ! the rain will be there Nick !-- I would guess big rain with lightening -wind events for sure !

Good morning OFC. I am making 2 new scrubbers and ordering a fan today. It's nice to have a spare. In a previous life, I was a carbon scrubber operator . So, I want things ... Change of plans.

Actually, plan B, I'm buying the scrubbers new. I plan on reusing the scrubbers, regenerating the carbon. If I get a decent all metal unit, I should be able to regenerate the carbon without disassembly. That removes any reason to diy. The process is simple. Burn it until the impurities are carbonized, and quench cool it to reopen the micro fissures in the carbon. Clean the outside of it and hook it up again for another six months of so.

The heat that was used in an industrial setting was red hot for maximising the micro fissures in the carbon. I don't see why on a small scale, just cooking until it's burnt won't work about as well. I've burnt food in the oven often enough over the years. There is no rocket science there. As long as there isn't hidthemplastic parts, all should be well.

I've seen silicone caulk that was made to withstand oven temps, to 600 degrees f. Pizza temps are about as high as I would need, so if the lazy plan doesn't work, I still can revisit plan A.

You've peaked my interest Dax!
Forgive me for being uninformed but what are the carbon scrubbers for?
I can't think of any situation at home where a carbon srubber is needed.

Oh yeah,
Good morning yall!
Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Several inches of snow on the ground but not bitter cold.
My girlz are looking So pretty!
I've been trying to open them up for light penetration but they are Mighty bushy! I'm thinking I'm going to need to prune out some branches here n there. It just worries me to chop on them but a few real good branches is better than a whole lot of tiny ones.
I hope y'all have a great day! Stay green!

I'm on board with the prepping.
I live in the country so I have most of what Ill need already.
Shelter, generator, still, hand pump water well and other electric pump wells. (5) on my property. nearly 20 of my 40 acres is woods that stretch for nearly 50 miles with only small roads cutting thru them.
Deer are plentiful as well as other game. Along with all the guns, ammo and reloading supplies to last my lifetime. Got tillable ground for gardens and seeds for 40 different varieties of veggies and melons. Canned stores that get rotated monthly and enough dried beans and whole grains to last my lifetime. Steel garbage cans full of grain straight from the fields.
I'm really not paranoid but it's dumb not to have what you'll need when you already know what's to come.

Getting organized for the chop next weekend !- Taking That bunk bed down - Move the WI mother plant to bloom and one box of 6 plants - Got more that a dozen - 6 plants 6 different varieties and the mother - I don't need mother plants -- I'm gonna hit the ground blooming at the Bat Cave!-- As U can tell --I have problems staying below the legal plant count ! -

Judges ?-- In his unwavering unbias way the judge with his cowboy hat and string tie from my disability hearing -- Looked at me saw my pony tale then over ruled both sides who said I couldn't work anymore!- He said if I could help my wife around the house some then I could get a job folding clothes !- I was so happy to find out I wasn't really disabled after all !-- Judges ?-- Here's your middle finger !-- Justice ain't nothing but a blind beech with a pair of scales !- That's all !-U go to court and U roll the bones ! -- If U innocent- U might go to jail - U guilty - U might just walk !- --LEO Is NOT my friend either !- I make my own justice ! --

Gloman that ain't prepping -- It's just life on the farm !
A country boy can survive ! --
Some one do an experiment for me ?-- Find out if this works ? -- Potato cloner !- stick a hole in a potato- put a cutting in the hole --put it on a dry place in the grow -- It should root !- Got no potatoes so I can't do it !

Lol
Keef that sounds just far enuff out the box I'm gonna go cut 3 and see. I have 2 potatoes. Ill cut 1 into thirds. I think Ill pierce the pieces of potato a number of times as well to provide an easy way thru for the roots.

Good deal Gloman but I think it would work better with a whole potato-- a cut potato might decompose faster than
A whole potato !- Might be something to think about ?
Prepping on the farm one thing to hoard would be salt and spices !- Be good to keep some Charcoal - Saltpeter and sulfer around too and know what to do with it !- -- (black powder)
Don't hurt to know how to make jelled gasoline either !

Well lets see what a cut piece does.
It won't let me load the pictures.
Ill keep you posted.
I also keep trash cans of charcoal and close to 1000 galons of propane.
Not too worried about black powder till I use up the 76 pounds of smokeless I have on hand. That's a LOT of reloads and a few claymores worth.
Salt is another one. I only buy pure salt ice melt. Usually keep quite a bit around especially in winter. Summer time ya gotta have it for ICE CREAM! :) :)
Laundry soap for your gasoline makes for a sticky burning bad time!

Edit: I resized my pictures and now they post!

Attachments

• 0207200956.jpg
    0207200956.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 0207200944.jpg
    0207200944.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 0207200940.jpg
    0207200940.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Good morning ofc...This week I feel pretty old...not sure I’d be much good and after the $hit hits the fan...my garden just ain’t big enough to supply me food other than to supplement....I got a couple hand guns and a shotgun....i figure I’ve got maybe 20 years left without the “end of civilization party”, I’m not gonna stress over it cuz I may not have that time, who knows....

RE - I'm just gonna keep my oldass alive until they find the cure to aging !--I got **** I wanna do!- I ain't got time to die !
Go to the grow soon - Collect some pollen from Leroy --
I got an envelope I lean him sideways stuff his cola into the envelope and bat him around some !-- Once or twice a day!-- I got to clone him before I kill him !--

Good morning

Sunny and cool this morning. I have a couple windows open listening to the birds sing. I am convinced the animals outdoors think it is spring.

So many pics posted lately. Thanks guys.

Keef you should move to Cali and soak up some of this mellowness. You have OFC friends here and legal herb. :D

I need to know what kind of Zombie killing **** y'all got put up ?-- U got to be ready for the Dam Zombies !- I seen what they did to Micheal Jackson in the video !-- All it takes is some puffer fish skin and liver a little this'n'that ?--Then No detectable signs of life !-- Then when the antidote kick in ? It's a miracle !-- U came back to life !- -Prest-o change-o --U a Zombie now !

No Burnin1 !-- My place is on front lines of the frontier !---Moving away ?- That'd be too easy !-- Besides Y'all got plant limits and such !-- I am well above the legal plant limit in Texas and any other state - I won't be changing how I do if I went somewhere else !--I would still be illegal !-- No I'm hang out here prohibition is all I've ever known !-- I want freedom to come to me !- I'm not gonna run to it !-- It's just my way !-- Freedom ain't ever free !- I'm make my stand here !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back