Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Fellas

its another day of battling the elements , bugs , wind , and heat.
we are winning so far , aphid population is down this year , last year was a biblical plague of aphids and by the time I reacted , it was to late.

my eyesight is getting bad , I cannot see spots on leaves for spider mite patrol , so I had my glasses on last night and I’ll be damned if I didn’t see some spider mite leaf damage

apparently mites just laugh at Spinosad so I hit them with some pygenic and ordered a half gallon of azomaz and hopefully it will knock them down and control them until,harvest

i hate those bastiages and even dreamed about them last night , or should I say I had a nightmare

this may be my last year growing outdoors , it’s getting to be to much for this old fart

Morning.
@ Big, you have said his is gonna be my last year doing outdoor for years now! Remember last year with the hemp issues? Year before that I think it was hail.....hope this year turns out ok.

Gonna be a hot one today....trying to be the house cooled down as much as possible.

Unka Walt, you have the distinction of wearing the crown of the eldest one here. I give it to you as I will ONLY be 73 in a couple of months.
PS, you're just an older stoner.

I am so old, I am older than my grandmother. When I enlisted, and they gave me a gun that had a rock on the side that made sparks.

I pulled KP at the Last Supper***

***Not quite true -- I was the mess sergeant.

My GI serial number had four digits.

Anyone up for some outdoor activities....We hit 40 degrees Celsius again here today and this is getting abit ridiculous...I`ve been trying to quench my thirst all night and now I`m water logged....really bizarre as I just can`t seem to get enough water....Afgooey cross is something special for sure as it`s now going through it`s transformation and starting to sparkle and shine!....still have log on issues but it does let me in late at night....hope you all had a great day and take care n stay safe.
ribs i'm thirsty all the time and when i can't seem to quench my thirst i grab a glass or two of milk, it works for me.

While I am registered as a Distinguished Expert (that means both hands), I was never good enough to bark squirrels.

it cost 50c for a box of .22 LR's. If I did not gt 25 squirrels with a box, it was seen as failure. (We wuz poor.)

We were so poor, I remember my mama sending me over to the neighbor's one Thanksgiving to borrow the turkey for an hour

So... head shots if possibobble, otherwise whatever gets the little bastage in the pot.
If you can shoot 'em in the head, you can shoot just below their heads. My old hunting buddy, Redskin, wouldn't invite you back to his place to hunt if'n you shot a tree rat in the head. He liked to scramble the brains in his eggs in the morning. Said they were good. I took his word for it.

I was poor, too. If'n I didn't wake up Xmas morning in an excited state, I didn't have nothin' to play with.

Morning.
@ Big, you have said his is gonna be my last year doing outdoor for years now! Remember last year with the hemp issues? Year before that I think it was hail.....hope this year turns out ok.

Gonna be a hot one today....trying to be the house cooled down as much as possible.

this time it’s different

its really stressful growing outdoors

if it wasn’t for the free sunshine and the huge yields , it’s not worth the hassles and headaches

10 yrs ago we were pulling down 10-20 lbs and selling direct to dispensaries for $4000 a lb

lucky to get $1200 now , wholesale

sure , these kids flipping 1/8ths and 1/4 bags for $35/$70 bucks keep the bills paid but who wants that hassle , dealing with a bunch of idiots all the time

i guess the bottom line is that I do not like paying any amount of money for something that grows almost by itself , so I’ll continue to provide medicine for me and Swede

and I do not sell bags of weed to individuals , I’m more apt to give it away

a pound or two might be worth my time and effort , but otherwise , I retired from all that game about 5;years ago and I sleep a lot better at night now

620D71F1-2FEF-4FA3-928F-BD42A45A57F8.jpeg
8561C3C0-988B-4C8B-AB42-81CB7623EFD4.jpeg
8215A769-A376-4E3A-A045-DB8758FBF105.jpeg

Is this pick on Pute day or what? Do you still have a case of red a** Hippie. If you want WR....take her....you might be surprised at everything you two have in common.

@ Big....I totally understand! I used to watch our friend OP and saw 20 to 30 kids a day coming and going. I always wondered what the neighbors thought.....I'm not burnt out yet. But, I only talk to two or 3 friends....they do all the dirty work. They come by about once a month, we have a quick beer and gone for another month. But, I am a slave to the grow.....spend way to much time there. Keeps me out of the bar though.....

Walt, you are and old fart.....got 10 years on me but I wish I had your energy....seems like you are always into something.

KgiOTTD.gif

Guess I will go wash my truck. Yesterday was Hel* today is kind of a goof off day.

Is this pick on Pute day or what? Do you still have a case of red a** Hippie. If you want WR....take her....you might be surprised at everything you two have in common.
Naw, first off she ain't yours to give away, and second my Old Hen would just make me give her back and then she'd shoot me. That's the funny thing about women. If they've been married to ya for 45 years, they think they own ya. Come to think of it, I guess she does!

My family is about to go down that road, do you recommend a certain breed?

depends on why they are getting chickens
eggs , meat , or pets

my birds are pets and I get eggs from them
i started out with 27 birds about 6 yrs ago and now have 16

im pretty much done with chickens......do you know how difficult it is to find a chicken babysitter? and somebody that cares for them as much as you?

at least with my cats I can leave them extra food and water and leave them for 4-5 days to go on vacation or a get away

i have not left the farm here for longer than 3 days in the last 9 years and I need a break

so I’ve located a couple of potential farmers who may take the birds off my hands this winter cause I’m done , stick a fork in me done , feed and water them every day , heal the sick ones , bury the dead ones

there is so much drama with chickens , they act like humans a lot , they have their cliques

chickens are very brutal too , savages , they kill their own

BF934305-811D-4FE0-A588-1F4861E93562.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back