Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Nick on the green trimming -- Take them down --Trim the plant -- Hang it to dry and cut down another !-- I do like my sprung scissors though !-- Put some music on and smoke scissor hash while U trim !-- No hurry and lots of smoke breaks !
Edit : -- No problem Grandpa !-- Rose be the queen of RSO she do U right !

Some lemon tree clones and blueberry x valentina seedling and forbidden jelly clone[/ATTACH]
20180804_083252.jpg
20180804_083400.jpg

Keef: I am listening to a band called "The Donnas". They were kind of big in the SF bay Area for a bit. 4 Ladies from Palo Alto Ca. They have been best friends since they were 9. Their band has had a lot of names but still them. They have only ever played with each other. Known for being musicians and not a "Girl Band". Fall behind me is a good song.:D

Not a problem Burnin1 !-- I know the band ! -- The Record Company and Get up off the Ground is my new theme song --Thanks for turning me on to it !
Umbra I know Veg ain't the glamorous side of growing but U can't have big plants until U have small plants !-- What's the flavor of the week out there lately ?-- U seen or heard of anything interesting?--
My bloom is about empty but I can't bring myself to shut down veg yet !-- There's stuff there that when it's gone there is no getting it back !-- I got my seed and I can certainly start from scratch with them --
Veg don't look so good -- I was running a live res by adding a beneficial microbes concentrate called Voodoo Juice -- I ran out and it's expensive so I'm have to learn to make my own Richie Riches Hydro tea -- I'll just have to figure it out !- Growing without a live res ain't working for me !- I add Mycos but it's not enough !-- Two things I gotta have to grow in water is EM1 and something like that Voodoo Juice !

Gramps -- U don't need to trade for seed !-- I thought U were getting some from Rose -- I send U seed if U want !-- If U still got voodoo juice when I get settled I'd put it to good use !
Mammoth Microbes ?-- I'll have to look it up !-- My plan was to get a small bag of FFOF and a bag of worm castings -- Put some in a sock and brew me some microbe tea in some water with a little molasses and a bubbler !-- Then just add some tea to each box !-- It depends on what happens but I might give dirt -- coco or promix a try !
I knows some people who knows about such things !--
I don't want to be locked in as just a water farmer !-

When U need those seed Grandpa ?- I'm slow but I'll try to have them there when U ready !-- Let me get my seed bag out see what I got !

Thinned it down to bout 15 -- This always give me a head ache !-- Cuz -- U want to grow something no one else has ever grown ?-- I got King Louie 13th -- Bred to BBSL and B.B. King --
Gloman U got any recommendations ?

Dam Bud !-- I can't find those seed I put up for U !-- I got some more but I don't even remember which ones it was !-- They'll turn up !-- Too good of seed to lose !-- They in a box --I can't find the box !
Anyway -- I'm depressed !-- Wanna get high !-- I don't need any help but U welcome to join in if U want !-- Hellhot outside and humid -- My face hurts cause the rain is coming !-- I feel old -- Where my pipe ? --I fix this !

Edit :-- Grandpa if U want to make your own alcohol for extraction -( or other uses)-- That knowledge lives here too !--

Yo Keef,
I learned something important about compost tea.
You need a good bubbler pump.
Fish pumps won't do.
It has to do with keeping the surface tension disrupted well.
It Does make a big difference.
I switched to a pond pump.

I probably make it in a 5 gallon bucket -- I can put plenty air thru it !-- I use heavy duty 4 outlet air pumps -- I make the bucket boil if I have too !-- All I wanna do is coax the microbes out out the dirt and into that molasses water -- Then I take the sock full of dirt out !
After that I should be able to keep them alive and thriving -- Practice makes perfect !-- As usual I'll jump in then learn to swim !--
I been thinking about this organic thing -- Only thing I use that ain't organic is Cal/Mag -- Close enough for me !--

Edit :--Wait !-- U talking about a recirculating pump that sucks up water then sprays it back into the container ?-- I got pumps that will do that !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's really the best method.
I used a fish bubbler for a long time till I found this info on making good tea.
I don't understand it that well but it does make a big difference.
Umbra posted a link a while back and tho its a long read it has a gold mine of good info on making teas. Ill look for it.

396 gallons per hour with a filter !-- I got plenty !-- I can do that !-- Maybe just brew it in one my aero boxes as is ?-- I make it rain in my boxes and there is a constant air exchange !-- Might be better keeping it under cover anyway for a long term culture ?

This terp thing got me looking at that Super Critical CO2 extractor again !- Rosen Press got to burn off some the terps on the low end !-- CO2 should preserve them all -- More expensive than a Rosen Press by far but if it's flavor U want ?- Seems like the best way to preserve the terps !-- I gotta do some more reading !-- About $3,000 vs. $500 for a press ?-- If it makes yours more desirable it might be worth it in the long term ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of terps,
I found out the hard way not to spray febreeze or have an open can of ona around your drying buds.

That's funny G !-- Febreeze weed ?- That should make U think right there Cuz -- If it'll obsorb that smell what else would it obsorb ?-- Some might be nice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back