Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit overkill but here let me hold that second ?-- I just forget that Umbra is a professional stoner !-- A joint like that would wipe the floor with me !-- 2 tokes and I'd become a wobblehead !

Daaannng boy! That's my kinda relaxer! I'm proud of ya. I'm doin some fruits of my garden myself an washing it down with Dos equis.

Good morning y'all.
This time of year there are lots of gnats everywhere.
I'm thinking it would be prudent for me to try to prevent an infestation of my indoor girlz.
Can anybody recommend a safe and effective product that doesn't cost a fortune?

Morning O.F.C. !-- Overcast and damp this morning-- Ugh !-- Had me a dose of decarb caps and a spoon of coconut oil with my coffee !-- Should be kicking in shortly !-- We get Nick on an oral dose of half THC indica and half high CBD
and he'll be sleeping 6 in a row regularly !-- Gloman - I hate knats !-- I been using "Safer Soap" regularly since the white fly problem -- It is a mild soap like Castille soap !-- I'll have to find how much to dilute it !-- Just a little !-- The way it works is bugs breathe thru pores in thier skin the soap solution makes a film over they breathing holes and they suffocate !--

This is my first time using an LED light, and already I can see me picking up another.
SO much less heat than the cfl's I had been using.
King LED 1200w.
7gal. Fabric pots
Rocket Fuel brand
Hot organic (subcool type) lower layer soil and Fox Farm ocean forest blended with organic forest product compost for top 2/3 soil in each pot.

Gloman those "Dog Pecker Knats" -- The fliers don't hurt your plants -- It's the larvae state when they are in the soil they do thier damage !-- The larvae feed off the roots !-- They are the main reason I ended up growing in water !--

Keef
I've had them in my soil before and they Did do a lot of damage.
Theres a lot of stuff they say works so I thought I'd ask y'all what works for you.
D.E. works great on crawly bugs so I was thinking of trying it to prevent them from getting started.

You'll like the LEDs!-- There's something else you'll find they do later - and U gonna like it !-- The leds make less heat and use less power for sure !-- Seems to me that growing inside in those bags ya'll use would cause me 2 problems that would cost more money to fix !-- Humidity !-- That water U put on your plants Evaps into the air so I would have to add a dehumidifier--Money spent on the dehumidifier and money spent on power to run it raises costs !-- Then if U don't have a good wet/dry cycle bugs like --the Knats move in !-- By having all my nute water covered and divided into the dry top side and the wet roots side I eliminate the humidity problem -- The neopreme collars I use help prevent something like those Knats from having a good environment to thrive! Also helping to keep my nute water from being contaminated by airborne bugs are whatever !--

My RO System is broke and I still got a little bit of a grow so I gotta try something different with my water!-- See if I can fix my tap water !-- I still got at least half dozen clone lines!-- Mazar-i-Shariff---- WI-x- BBSL -- SR91 -x- BBSL -- NS -x- BBSL-- CBD -indica --- GDP-x- BPU --and some things that need to be sexed !-- They on life support but who knows what's gonna happen tommorrow?--

I think I also got a cut of "Stanky" too !-- That would be (Squish -x- Oregon Lemon)- x- BBSL!-- No one could have predicted that terp profile !-- It has a hook !-- It stinks but has a surprisingly pleasant unidentifiable taste !-- Some day someone else may give some these an official name !-- To me they are :
The Black Nurse = Nurse Larry -x- BBSL
Black Night = Nightshade - x- BBSL
Big Pink = -- Snow Desiel - -x BBSL
Magenta Madness = Purple Haze - x- BBSL
The Black AK = AK48-x- BBSL
WI-X-BBSL = ?
They can all hold they own !
Time for some more coffee and an extended wake and bake -- It's raining again !

Gloman, sprinkle the DE in a thin layer on top and then water from the bottom.
Good morning. Got cold last night and my plants have some buds on them this morning. maybe the cold temps are telling them to hurry up. It is going to be 87 today. That is when powdery mildew happens, warm days cold nights. No rain yet. Bud will need to put the tarps up soon. It is happening. harvest is a month away. Our daughter is coming to help again. Thank goodness.
Ya'll are looking good up in here.

Good Morning OFC

I went out on my deck this morning with my coffee and noticed my plants are starting to smell kinda strong. I only have 6 total on the deck but it sure smells like more. ha ha
4 blackberry fire, 1 zkittlez and 1 blueberry muffin. That blueberry muffin is the smallest but has the strongest smell. I would not recommend that one to a stealth grower but it has a great smell for sure.
That is an awesome selection of seeds Keef. :)

Thegloman that is a great set up you have there. I am sure you will add more LEDs. I bought a King 2000W for my shop grow. It was reasonably enough priced on amazon that I am thinking of adding another LED down there. Time to retire those ballasts. No more buying bulbs every year. yay!

Rose: Those pics I posted of monster plants were not mine sadly. I was just joking around with Keef and posted some from the internet. Those plants looked like trees from an orchard or something with that ladder being used to reach the top buds. lol

Time for another cup of coffee and go back out on my deck. Doing my daily routine of hanging out for a bit with my plants and flipping some leaves.

Have a great day guys!

I'm jealous Rose !-- U need to invent " The Plant Umbrella"-- Like a big beach umbrella with a clear covering !-- Open or close as needed around the plant !-- Still raining here !-
Edit : What up Burnin 1 ? -- Sounds tasty to me !-- I like a good blueberry weed -- I got a couple good blueberries from Umbra !-- GDP-x- BPU shouldn't be a Blueberry but it is -- I had run his B.B. King for awhile and couldn't decide which I liked best so I crossed them !- Never had anything like those skittles ! -- Don't know what to expect but I also bred GDP-x- BPU to Box of Chocolate !-- Looking for an outstanding terp profile but what that'll be who knows ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still raining and I'm still high !-- Let me explain what I had in mind for a mom / pop grow -- Only thing that changed is it'll be just a pop grow !-- I grew up around mass production shops and tried to apply the concept of steady production to a grow !-- Taking it from seed to packaged retail product !-- Can't do squat if U don't have the weed so I want a steady supply -- My solution was the 4 part bloom cycle !-- I needed production plants that would finish in 60 days or less to make it work and Veg is key !-- It has to produce bloom ready plants every 2 weeks !-- 8 weeks is 56 days -- Plants need to finish very close to that for it all to work !-- That will put me harvesting every 2 weeks -- It should work out that the harvest from the previous 2 weeks should be dry and ready for processing!-- Some as bud more for extraction-- Right now I'm leaning towards the e-cig hash oil cartridges but I can be flexible and produce whatever the market wants !-- I try to keep it as an flexible expandable plan ! -- Enough room and market I could even change it to an 8 part bloom with weekly harvest -- of 60 day finishers !

Hello OFC. Early evening here. Rose, the password work, Thank you. Boy, I'm beat. I just got done doing all the things that needed tending to. Just got to feed the dogs. Then it's relaxing for the rest of the evening. The coco grow has been giving me trouble. It seem that I have been feeding to much. I think I have it under control. We'll see. My daughter had a busy day today so, I didn't learn how to post picture from my cell. It will happen, just when I don't know. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow. So, that blows the hole day. Smoking on so OG Kush and have a fruit drink.:)

Hey Ness -- I was wondering if U were O.K. !-- Good to see U around again !-- Most have a tendency to over feed ! -- Just adjust and continue to March !

Catching up on the news!-- I found the talk of that new book "Fear" quite amusing ! -- That Woodward guy writes a book on every president !-- It musta hit a nerve this time !

Where da O.F.C. ?-- Made a supply run -- Still not getting around as much as I want but I live !-- Pack me a pipe and make me some coffee and watch the storms move back in !
The weather ain't helping my face that's for sure !-- Made me a respectable dose of decarb and about to build the perfect buzz !-- There is stuff needs to be done but - Not it !
Ding -Ding -- decarb done !

Hello OFC

My Blueberry Muffin may be ready in a few weeks as it went into flower early. It smells like Blueberry muffins so much I am amazed. I never posted a pic of this one because it is only about 2 and a half feet tall.
The BBM is a pain to grow, but what a terp profile this one probably has. I have never smoked this strain. It is getting to the final stretch on my plants. Still no mold or bugs. I am so fortunate.

I hear you about not getting around much Keef. I look down off of my deck and see my fenced raised bed garden overgrown with weeds. it is just too hard for me to get down there and garden anymore. Again this year I am using 20 gallon fabric pots on my deck. I have been happy with my results in the container grows though. It has worked out better than I though it would.

Time to enjoy a little 3xcrazy and some coffee. I grew one of these 3Xcrazy in my shop earlier this year.

Have a wonderful day you awesome people!

Keef
How come you sent that rain up here? lol
Been raining off n on here a couple days and looks like more till Monday. Can't even get into the garden to pick tomatos.
Hope y'all doin good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back