Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ofc...hey there toolman, I’m interested in your recipe and process...I have neuropathy in my feet and toes with all that burning numbness especially at night...I have made some creams in the past but it sounds like you may have a new twist or two...I also think keef was just trying to be protective of Roses feelers about a past dog even if he had the dogs name wrong...make yerself at home here...

Last edited:
Still wet at the beach -- Time for a pipe !-- Congrats RE !
I'm over the flu but still fighting something going on in my face -- Not sure if it's pollen or just the constant damp !

Yo Toolman -- Wilson was the name of Rose's beloved standard poodle !-- Might be a soft spot not to poke ?-- Just a heads up ! --
So U growing an unknown indica ?-- I'm relocating but I got some indicas too !-- at one time there was lots of seed passing thru my hands and I kept a share !-- Everything I got came to me thru the OFC or descended from stuff that did !-- Being in a prohibition state I grow inside --I'm a cloner and I run a 4 part rotation of mostly indica 60 day finishers -- I bred 3 or 4 boys to a mess of little girls and I'm still working out what I did !-- I'm kinda Snow Lotus heavy !--
Was that Earl ?-- What up Cuz !-- Still got that pink ?
Yeah Keef, I snuck back in ... same old going on so far...the pink has been chopped, but I still have a few seeds

Good morning all, we think our fevers are over.
Toolman, i am so glad you are here. if you ever need wilson for anything i will send him over. RE, you rascal. Keef i appreciate you for worrying about my "Dog" feelings. Love ya for that. Lots happening here, love the talk of cannabis roots and neuropathy help, awesomeness abounds.
Gman, i was about to tell you how smart you were about franks Gift, but then i read what you said about our last president and I sure couldn't say that now. So, yes, Franks Gift is the best medicine i have. it is 6 % thc and 9% cbd.
Ya know that first shower after getting the flu? i scared....going in.

Good morning ofc...hey there toolman, I’m interested in your recipe and process...I have neuropathy in my feet and toes with all that burning numbness especially at night...I have made some creams in the past but it sounds like you may have a new twist or two...I also think keef was just trying to be protective of Roses feelers about a past dog even if he had the dogs name wrong...make yerself at home here...
Red
I make my cremes like my Czech GrandMa made bread (loved that bread)
Lil of this little of that, I use a gallon of coconut oil in crock and add things
But yes there is somewhat an order to in
Right now, I melted the oil then decarbed 3 onces of my older weed that has changed flavor,
Roots were dry stored for a while and I hand ground those up to approx 3 cups not packed (just loose) and finally a good handful of the arnica flowers
Note - You need to be careful with arnica some people can have a reaction to it<).
Once oil has warmed everything goe into the crock, stir well and set to medium, I cook this until I go to sleep and then unplug for safety reasons.
In the AM it will be on again on Medium setting, I go for another 12 hrs to extract all the good things.
The temp of my oil is around 165degs (heat gun measure) .
I can tell when it is almost done by the look of the roots they turn amber brown and srink up a bit, the mix will smell like roasted nuts somewhat.
Then I strain and allow the oil to cool.
I add enough beewax to keep it from melting below 70 degs , there is a formula how much wax to use I do it by size of chuck , I make this all the time. Like I said My Grandma way.
Once it starts to cool I add some emu oil if I have it (not much 2 oz or lil more) then essensial oils for smell and effect depending if you like things like Tea tree and Pine scents.
You need to be careful Tea Tree oil has a Bad affect on Dogs and should not use it if you have a dog.
But Thats kind of it in a nutshell.
There are many ways to make a root creme but I like to add THC CBD and the arnica flower for its pain relieving properties.

I apply the creme everynight to my feet when they are so bad with burn I want to cry, and in mins the pain lvl drops enough to fall and stay asleep all night and wake in the morning with new feet.
I have found the longer I have been using it the better the burn has been feeling before creme at night now. My feet hurt only half as much as they did maybe even more, some nights I don't even use it on both feet,
My right foot no longer burns like the left,
I would be in a world of pain without it.
You could make a smaller batch and try it out.

Thanks toolman, I will do just that as soon as I have enough weed to work it...this spring...there are probably a bunch of herbs that could be added, maybe some Comfrey leaves...

Thanks toolman, I will do just that as soon as I have enough weed to work it...this spring...
Try it in a small amount 1st, I go big because I had extra weed and roots
If you know how to infuse oils I can send you a different recipe that a friend moded from mine. he uses almond oil, avocado oil and jojoba oils along with the coconut, I made his once also came out nice just more work for me though.
all the oils had to be infused with Green Dragon then reduced in double boiler.

I cup of roots
1-2 cups of EVCO.

The oil will smell like nutty coconut when finished. Strain it then filter through cheesecloth.

Rootin' Tootin' Neuropathy Butter

2 oz of infused almond oil
1 oz of root coconut oil
1/2 oz of infused avocado oil
1/2 oz of jojoba oil
5g Shea butter per oz of oils
6g beeswax per oz of oils
Choice of essential oils

Combine all in a pyrex cup and heat in a hot water bath until the butter and wax are fully melted then whip into a cream. Don't add your essential oils until the temperature has cooled to less than 150°F. :)

By the way, this is just the formula that I use. You can mix it anyway you want. The root coconut oil is the active ingredient but you can use it alone or with the oil from your other cream and in any ratio that suits your fancy.

Rose
So sorry if I mad you mad. Just so you know. My opinion of the gov. in general is very low.
I lost my rights a very long time ago so I have no voice anyway.
We're all entitled to our opinion, and Every story has 2 sides.
Again, sorry.
I'm glad you and Bud are starting to feel better!
Thanks for the test report!
That's pretty Good on the ratio. I'm learning to dial it back a little and still get good relief. Ill grow this girl again! Thank You!

I'm thinking about trying to grow ginseng. I have shady hardwoods all over the property with some wild ginseng already.
They say ya gotta wait 10yrs. in my state to harvest but it looks like a maintenance free 10yr investment plan. Anybody here ever tried to grow it?

Afternoon OFC !-- Toolman don't be mad I was looking out for U but had the wrong dog !-- I do get high and confused sometimes !-- I eat more weed than I smoke-- Usually just decarb packed into gel caps but I ran out of empty caps and started making an olive oil extract -- It helps my pain but I'm need to grow a high CBD to add to it -- I try to control the pain and end up ripped !-- Just need to adjust it !
Sunshine out and warm at the beach -- Been out hurting myself -- I might have another hour afore I start to stiffen up !--
I'm with Umbra about perfering animals and machines over people sometimes

Afternoon OFC !-- Toolman don't be mad I was looking out for U but had the wrong dog !-- I do get high and confused sometimes !-- I eat more weed than I smoke-- Usually just decarb packed into gel caps but I ran out of empty caps and started making an olive oil extract -- It helps my pain but I'm need to grow a high CBD to add to it -- I try to control the pain and end up ripped !-- Just need to adjust it !
Sunshine out and warm at the beach -- Been out hurting myself -- I might have another hour afore I start to stiffen up !--
I'm with Umbra about perfering animals and machines over people sometimes
No Problem
Im a duck, it all rolls off me,
I knew you were just defending Rose in a phase taken out of context
That's all. We Good my man
I get a lil crazy at times but I pull it back real quick .
Good be be here

Mr Wilson was Tim the toolmans neighbor that he would go to for advice
You would only see his hat and maybe his eyes at the fence line when they would talk.

Thanks toolman, I will do just that as soon as I have enough weed to work it...this spring...there are probably a bunch of herbs that could be added, maybe some Comfrey leaves...
If you need roots, I have some from my last grow. Haven't done anything with them. 25 or so 7 gallon bags with the roots and soil

If you need roots, I have some from my last grow. Haven't done anything with them. 25 or so 7 gallon bags with the roots and soil
@2RedEyes, @Rosebud

I also forgot to add you don't need bud for this creme , Sugar trim works fine also.
i just had some older weed (buds) in storage too long and needed them to be processed , so trim instead of bud is fine.

OK I found a better breakdown to the root creme
The way a friend makes it with measurements

1 cup of clean, dried roots
2 cups coconut oil
Combine in crock pot. On high just long enough to melt the oil, then to low temp setting, stirring occasionally for the next 18-24 hours

Strain through cheesecloth and squeeze out all oil.

Wipe out the crock pot to remove any remaining root bits.

Return strained oil to the crock pot.
Add:
4 oz sweet almond oil
1 oz Jojoba oil
1 oz avacado oil
120 grams Shea butter
120 grams beeswax (I use granules for easier melting)

Stir until all shea butter and beeswax are melted, then transfer to jars.

The Roman's used a cannabis root poultice for gout !-- There's a whole different set of terepenes and stuff in the roots -- The Romans boiled the roots for a long time then strained the liquid off which they reduced down to a thick paste -- Roots from aero or Hydro would be clean and be perfect for such a thing !-- I still pretty much medicate from the inside !-- Gonna have to make up some that stuff one day !-- I get the right mix of CBD and THC in oil or caps I would do just fine -- I'm old I'm have some bad days but overall it really helps on quality of life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back