Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pizza is as pizza does my mama always said. I Like most everything including clams and oyster pizza. can even stand ONE stinky fish/pizza and um. low country smoked shoulder/bbq/pineapple is killer! depending on your bbq sawz ...
now I got the munchies, but it wudn't the Gorilla Cookies I just hit at 385°. it was ya'll. thanky ....

Little restaurant with a pizza oven made this pizza that was different. It was the best pizza and none of the regular ingredients. It was gorgonzola cheese with pears over a walnut pesto sauce.
I would eat that in a heartbeat wow that's an awesome combo in a salad ... I'll bet even better with the pears slightly caramelized in the oven! Now i want pizza.

Afternoon all...rambled on home and got the pipe out...best speed on recovery Umbra. It was noticeably fewer cars out today...about the only thing I noticed different. Nice shot 2RE...it looks Saquachy around there..I could get into that cover. I gave up pizza a couple decades ago...only have 2 or 3 joint in town and they got to cutting quality so bad....but we did just have a new home town pizza place open...so it may be decent. Biff they must have a lot more relaxed laws on Class 3 firearms in your country...bit more complicated here to own one...not worth it to me. Those M1A1 Thompsons were nice...I owned one...but I could never fully trust an open bolt...too much debris can get in it. Plus there is a bit of trigger discipline adjustments to be made with it being open bolt as well. In CQB they were about the best out there for a long time...beyond 50 yards...no so good. Of course now I want to go brick up a pizza oven lol....but I will settle for another bong hit.

Here's a tight shot of the Triple Lemon.
20200317_163811.jpg

Hey folks. Rainy here and chilly. I'm pretty sure pizza is an American invention but I will tell ya the best pizza I ever had was in Sardinia, Italy. Cooked in a wood fired brick oven and it had some crazy sh1t on it! squid, slivers of squash and a sunny side up egg right in the middle! Sauce was incredible and nobody makes bread like the Italians

What up yall!
I just got home from taking my aunt to the hospital. Her blood sugar crashed to 23 and she fell out. Got her to the ER just in time.
I haven't had any lunch and all this pizza talk has my belly rumbling! :)
Just in time for 4:20 so hit it if ya got it. I'm gonna work this bong over and get some grub!

Hey OFC, I have a bug issue on my seedlings.
It's a small worm that's light brown or tan. I've googled and looked in books but I'm only stabbing at caterpillars maybe? I can't find what this here things are....
20200317_160653_HDR.jpg

They're in the valley of the fan leaf. They move quick. I figure just squish em but I don't know what they are and if that will kill them.

Good Morning OFC...warm and muggy here...that will be the forecast for the next 8 months or so ...with afternoon storms possible...unless you need a rain on your garden....then it only rains at the neighbors house. Nice frost on the Lemon Nov....hope you get the critters took care of. Been busy for me this week....mandatory home schooling begins next Wednesday and there is a run on internet....plus Corp called yesterday saying they are joining the "Keep America Connected" program to help with home schooling and said to prepare for an increase in sales...no problem Corp...knock 20 years off my age and I am good. Tom Terrific...rumored to be headed to Tampa Bay...and our back up Teddy Bridgewater is heading to Carolina they say...now we got to play Tom twice a year...first CV-19 and now this! Off for a walk and to check the hedgerow for a bustle....Peace ya"ll

89721953_10158289155133729_4702225561114640384_n.jpg

Mornin yall!
Ugh! 37 damp degrees outside and me joints are singing. (not my doobies)
Hopefully today will be less dramatic.
My clone girlz are Not wanting to be held back! Gotta WHUP em into shape again!
Time for a bowl of oats and a bowl of Frank's Gift! Giftio"s!
Hope y'all are well and happy today!
Nov
I can't see the worms on the leaves. Could be my resolution on my phone not being very good.
Barny dog is doing well! He can walk now and only wobbles a little. A few more weeks of healing and he should be right as rain! T.G.

Hey nov, are they super tiny like under 2mm long? Like a blonde splinter? That would be thrip larvae. For each plant, take 3 toothpicks and a paper plate. Cut a hole in the middle of the plate then slit to the edge, put it around the stem, overhanging the rim of the pot, propped up on the toothpicks for airflow. It keeps them from pupating into sexually mature adults. You'll also want to hit the plants with something like Azamax ( neem derived and relatively safe, don't breathe in the mist if you spray, nor get it on your skin, but still strong and can be used as a soil drench).

Good morning all (insert smiley face here). Coffee, more coffee. I can see having my coffee shop closed down is not going to be a help to my mental state. I guess I'll have to get my own espresso machine, I'm sure they must be listed as a critical item?

I'd say so!!! How can you have a perfect stoner breakfast without perfect coffee drinks?! I brought home a handle of Allen's coffee brandy, which is the official beverage of the State o Maine, for my housemate who is stuck at home and she's been getting creative with it lol. I got home from work yesterday to find her practicing some barista skills. Now I might have to order us a milk steamer...

Before spending the big money for an espresso machine, I picked up a small French press and a cold brew Oxo coffee machine. Our daily became cold brew, strong cold brew. Strong and almost syrupy. Four heaping spoons per pot.

The nasty acids don't get released, so the taste is sublime. I have to plan ahead on making coffee, it takes 12 hours to brew to my liking. We drink Folgers Columbian coffee. It's only a little more expensive but sometimes you have to spend the coin for good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back