Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Deal Bozzo !!-- I have an interest In that Chem Dawg X The Sugar !- make sure U keep us posted ! -- Hey did Ya'll see that the O.F.C. just turned over 100 pages !-- We be making new friends and teaching each other stuff !-- Proud to be a part of it !!

I'm calling them my karma seeds. I was in the parking lot at the cannabis cup ,and 4 guys were next to me. one yells at another one and said call Bob and have him bring us some Verners ginger ale. I had a cooler full of them ,so I gave them all one. they were seed dealers and they gave me the 91 chemdog x the sugar seeds . Karma seeds were born. the 91 chemdog was a male and the sugar a female. Does it make a difference ?

Rosebud in da house ! How U been ? U don't drop in often enough U know ! Hey Bozzo-- every time I be researching a strain seems like there be Chem Dawg in there !-- must be one of them core varieties !-- my problem is I want everything and I know I don't have enough room ! That Tranquil Elephantizer had me hooked but I can't find it !-- everyone is out of stock-- probably wouldn't get F-1 cross anyway ! So if U want something done right -- do it yourself !-- Gonna start with Williams Wonder and put a mystery male on her and find a majic seed in the cross ! Chem Dawg would be a great Dad !

Rosebud, a question for a new seed planter. Would you start the seeds outdoors in my greenhouse just like my tomato's or under lights. . I'm just talking of the feminized seeds. The regular ones will all be flowered early .so they will get 24/7 lights till it's time . I'm thinking just start them in the greenhouse.
Anyone else?

Bozzo -- I was thinking about what U said about does it make a difference which parent is which ??-- I think it probably does !-- I'm no expert but I know.some farm stuff !-- if U want a mule U put a Jack on a mare !-- If U put a horse on a Jenny -- I don't know what U call it -- but Mule it Ain't !-- I guess in weed U would use the mother with the closest traits to what U want then put a male on her from a variety that reenforces some of those desired traits !-- the more distant their kinship the more chance of a wide variety of phenotypes !-- perhaps one that has a double dose of mom and dad's THC production gene ! One of them freaks I search for ! Not a variety but a single plant that has the best of what mom and dad had to offer ! Then like the Gman says -- I'll ride her till the wheels fall off !

yep. the purple I had this year. The guy that gave me the clone said every other seed was purple and every other one was a green.

We gonna have to run this by Umbra !-- speaking of hybrids like mules -- member back in the day the weed manuals always talked about perhaps U could cross Hops and weed and maybe breed something legal ?-- What if U turned that around and instead of Hops with a weed dad -- U used a Hops dad on a viciously wicked most potent weed mom-- then went thru those seed looking for a pheno that had that Hops bitterness but had mom's potency ! I don't even know if Hops has male and female flowers !-- something to think about though !-- Brother Umbra can set us straight !--

This is what happens when I get lit !!-- it ain't my fault !-- I'm just a product of my environment !-- Okie-Dokie ? -- there's always more than one way to skin a cat (metaphoracly ) weed is soo versitile ! Look at all the flavored and froo-froo varieties out there!-- A smart brother who knew about breeding weed and making beer could probably eventually breed a variety that had a hoppy taste and could be used in beer !-- gives me a headache !-- do I want the low cal high THC beer or the high CBD full flavored ??- see what I mean ? Lager ? Ale ? Pilsner ? Bach ?

I would think you could start them in the greenhouse. As with any new seedlings I like to get them under T5's or whatever you use asap to avoid stretch. Even when i do that I always get stretch and end up burying the stem up to the leaves like we do with tomatoes. Is it warm in your greenhouse? Is it lit? I have never had a greenhouse as we have no room, but I know I would enjoy it. Mojo for the seeds.

good morning old farts club, happy fry-day. coffee brewing and feeling good this morning. both my back and knee have eased off, so it is the start of a great day. temp this morn 46º and should have a rainy high of 73º sunday. i think i'm gonna add the led high bay this weekend, right now i just have the 400w mh high bay. maybe one day i'll build my lights, well i need to by summer anyway. yall have a great day. peace

No wake and bake in Curmudgeonland yet this morning ? We gonna fix that. Time for wake and bake with your coffee. Now that`s better. Gotta face the cold this morning, it`s only 4 below.

saw the Grandma smokin on Facebook this morning
hope that everyone is doing well n stayn high on the fine day

I did not even look at the time till I read your post yooper... Dang 10 AM and I just got up . Happy Fryday to all . Guess I should make some coffee.

4degrees.....I was going to blow the snow off the driveway today. Maybe tomorrow.

dates not up yet but almost time to reserve a room for July.

Morning O.F.C. !-- We doing a late Wake and Bake this morning ? -- I'll catch up quick as I can !--

Morning, OFC. Cold as an ex-wife's heart, but the sun is shining bright.

I'm remaining cautiously pessimistic, but it looks like the potassium bicarbonate might be a miracle worker. I put a tablespoonful in a gallon of water with four drops of liquid hand soap and shook it up. Poured a quart in a squeeze bottle and soaked 'em all down. The only spots I could find were on a few of the GG's leaves that I'd missed. I did it again today and will wait and see if all is well.

Everyone talking about popping seeds has my green thumb itching. Anybody ever dealt with Herbies Head Shop? They've got a couple of flavors that I'm really interested in.

Herbie's ok. They're definitely on the Customs hit list. Tons of their packages have been intercepted recently from what I was reading. Personally, I shop more by the breeder than the plant description. I am less disappointed that way. And considering that my seed collection is worth well over $25K, I have bought seeds from just about every body, the plant description help sell beans, but rarely live up to it.

Morning, OFC. Cold as an ex-wife's heart, but the sun is shining bright.

I'm remaining cautiously pessimistic, but it looks like the potassium bicarbonate might be a miracle worker. I put a tablespoonful in a gallon of water with four drops of liquid hand soap and shook it up. Poured a quart in a squeeze bottle and soaked 'em all down. The only spots I could find were on a few of the GG's leaves that I'd missed. I did it again today and will wait and see if all is well.

Everyone talking about popping seeds has my green thumb itching. Anybody ever dealt with Herbies Head Shop? They've got a couple of flavors that I'm really interested in.

that's where I got mine . they just got here about 2 weeks after order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back