Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannabis will have natural mutations and in nature if it made the plant better at something then the mutation would spread !-- Mother Nature got a different idea of what desirable traits are than us !-- For example this Master Kush I got was billed as a tetraploid !-- It's not !-- U breed a tetraploid to a normal diploid plant U get a sterile triploid --In theory !-- Mother Nature don't like to be "F" ed with !-- I suspect that when U breed these polys to anything in some seed she will sacrifice a strand of DNA in order to return to a normal seed !-- So It probably was a tetra at one time !-- Sadly High Rise aka - Master Kush is just a normal plant again !-- Unless someone has an original cut !--

The reason I switched from working with seed to working with clones ? -- I don't want to be successful and make a boy tetra !-- It has to be almost an accident !-- I have to get my Zombie Juice to the center of a grow point have a happy accident happen then get all the juice out before it kills the plant !-- So we not just have a sliding scale on strength but treatment time also has to be perfect !-- A little one way or another and everything dies everytime or too many live and are normal !--
Some may even become tetraploid then revert back to normal !-- I need a stable tetra !-- So I keep fishing !- Even then I will still have to verify with a microscope that it is staying true !-- Tricky -tricky --tricky !

I just want to recreate a plant like UBC Chemo !-- I wonder though if I did just that -- would I quit this madness ?-- Probably not !-- What else is up in there we don't know about ?

Amazing absolutely amazing Umbra I hope one day I'll be able to grow as well as you do

Now that, Umbra, looks wonderful! Can't wait til we have an entire room full like that.

Hey Umbra make sure we get a pic right before harvest. Looking awesome.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh !--
D.D. musta beat me up while I was asleep !-- Feels like it anyway !-- Dam vampire woman !--
What up Dog -Hopper !-- Gonna be another hot one at the beach !-- 92/73 !
I gotta get right !-- I be back!

I be better now !-
Hey Umbra-- Beautiful plants but how U get around in there ? --I don't see isles or paths !--

I be better now !-
Hey Umbra-- Beautiful plants but how U get around in there ? --I don't see isles or paths !--
I water every 3rd day and I move plants to make an aisle, water both sides of the aisle, then make another aisle. My son and I were talking about putting them on a dolly to move them around. I am concerned that the dollies will take up too much room and raise the plant height enough that the plants will get too close to the lights. The plants are staggered from row to row and it is easy to see where they were, I just put them back where they were. It normally takes over an hr to water the plants.

Good Morning everyone hope everyone is off to a great start

That explains it Umbra !-- I just didn't understand !-- I like the concept but that is a pain I bet !-- These boxes can be a pain too !-- D.D. wanted them on some kind of dolly or wheels !-- I got too many boxes and many more to come !-- They have to be made in the simplest form !-- My solution which isn't even nessesary yet is a big a** wet-vac with a long hose !-- I move the water not the full box !-- 10-12 gallons per box --I don't do res. Changes often but when I do I just dip the water out the box before taking it out cleaning it and adding fresh nute solution !-- Actually I have a spare box so I just switch the empty boxes out--- fill the fresh box up and go !-- I'm running a whole bloom cycle without a res change only topping off !-- It works just fine !-- It's a tight fit in that walk in closet !-- I got about 14 inches between the end of my boxes and the wall !

Filling my last box with nute solution today so I can begin to spread the plants out ---so we'll be full again finally !-- Dam Bugs ! - My CFO /research assistant found info last night while researching bugs that beneficial nematodes are semi aquatic !-- Mean I'll be adding todes to my boxes !-- attack bugs from the top and bottom !-- Todes and micos in my res. ?-- Yep !-- Live res. !

Good morning all.

Ness, i wrote about my washing in my journal, can you go read it there? It is awesome and so happy I did it.. I am in a hurry and don't want to type it out again... I did it cause i had bugs, thrip.

Got 2 nordles taken down...one smelled of skunk...not the other... i seperated them, they will be tested for cbd and hopefully will be make into meds..
Have a great day you guys.. Umbra, beautiful, just beautiful..
Keef, you got this.
coffee and hugs all around.oh shoot and POT... smoke um.

Morning Giggy! -- Hot here too !
U know when Umbra was talking about how it would be hard for the smaller pharmer to keep up with the big guys on production cost ? -I listened !--- I disagree now !-- I think it depends on your pharming method !-- I'm getting my cost down pretty low !-- LEDs get a little better ? --I'll do just fine !--- It cost me a little less than $500 per square yard to set up !-- That's 2 light/ box combos !-- After that I have only nute cost -maintenance and electricity !-- There's no waste soil or coco coir to replace --I have no run off or watering schedule -- only waste water I have is used nute solution which would be great for a veggie garden !-- I'm sure they could dust me on quality right now but first U make it work then U perfect it !-- I'm still trying to make it work !-- When I get a couple harvest in and get some production numbers -- I'll know more what it cost to produce !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back