how do l know whats male or female new at this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmucker

Reaction score
started plants this year have about 50 of them doing well but have five that look like males but not sure it looks like balls but they look like small buds starting so how do know if thy are male or female .....

How long have they been under 12/12 lighting now ? They usually start showing after a week or two.

Two little hairs or pistils will start growing on the females and pollen sacs will develop on the males.

Any chance of a picture. It might help tell you for sure

how do send a pic of them to you.. so you can tell if they are or not...
have them close o me now trying to tell from the net by pic if they are male or female but still think there male like l said not sure...

Thanx for your male pic helps heaps. Ya should put a female pic under neath it too show the differance.

Heres acouple charts and pics to help you to determine if there male or female,hope they help and good luck on your grow:farm: I also add one thats a hermie.

still not sure l put tem out side not to take a chance if they are ....
still trying to get the pic to upload but no go dont know why they wont upload for me on here.....

I have a quick question. The male parts seem to sag down, like balls, but what if the sack isnt hanging down yet, but doesnt have a pistil yet, does this mean it could be female or its just gonna fall down and turn to a nut? My plants are 1 week flower yesterday, most of them are showing sex, i pulled 2 but their is a third one that i cant really tell just yet.

Rocker420 said:
I have a quick question. The male parts seem to sag down, like balls, but what if the sack isnt hanging down yet, but doesnt have a pistil yet, does this mean it could be female or its just gonna fall down and turn to a nut? My plants are 1 week flower yesterday, most of them are showing sex, i pulled 2 but their is a third one that i cant really tell just yet.
I dont think the males could be a problem untill after week 3.
if its only been a week dont wory about it. they will show soon enough

having the same problem have about five of them that may have balls cn't give youapic having problem downloading to my post sol could show you .....

use a resizer to post the pic- try "resize2mail.com" that should help

trichnut said:
I dont think the males could be a problem untill after week 3.
if its only been a week dont wory about it. they will show soon enough

Agreed, People dont have to panic at the first sign of a male it takes a few weeks before they "pop" and it more than clear what sex the plants are by then.
I wonder if few here have not thrown out a female being a bit to hastey.

Latest posts

Back