how do you know when to move the light upwards?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
Just wondering? I have no idea...

My plants are like just a few days from being 2 weeks old and it seems that they have hit a growth stunt and they are not moving upwards as much as they were before (light is 2 to 3 inches from them right now).

Should I shift it up an inch?

Just because they're not growing vertically doesn't mean they're not growing. If they have all the light they need they will stay short and really bush out. They'll grow vertically as more nodes grow. All you're doing by keeping the light further away is stretching them. Because they're not getting enough light they have to stretch to get it. The further away you move your light the more the intensity deminishes.

Whats the heat like around those lights? Relative Humidity is up 50% or better too?

What kind of lights are they? cfl hid
whats the wattage?
Have you fed yet?

LGKPP is right, raising the light when they dont need it can cause unwanted stretching.

5 of the plants are under a shop light that has two 1900 lumen 40 watt bulbs (cool blue). The one other plant that is playing catch up is under a warm cfl 2700 lumens. I think it might be due to light so today I'm going to buy another shop light and 2 more 1900 lumen bulbs and then pick up another cfl at 2700 lumens making for a total of 13k lumens in my closet vs my current setup of 6.5k lumens.

Latest posts

Back