1. Bud of the Month: moontang by bodhi grown by Smackaddict
    Dismiss Notice

How hot does a 250w cfl get

Discussion in 'Lights' started by Dr.Autoflower, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Mar 23, 2013 #61

burningbush93

burningbush93

burningbush93

Sorry!!! iknow this is a old thread but i have been trying to figure out if i could use a 150 watt hps without ventilation(i have no where to vent). my grow is 33''L 15''W and 5 ft tall and i curently use 200 watts of cfls and i could add more if i wanted to without any heat issues. so does this mean i could use a 150 watt hps without ventilation? i would have a fan blowing on the bulb to dispurs the heat. i would really apriciate your help. i keep finding all kinds of diffrent opinions so please help me if you can!!! THANKS

2. Mar 23, 2013 #62

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

yes, if your running 200watts of cfl's with no heat issues, then you will not have heat issues with the 150watt hps. what im more concerned with is, if you are not venting your current set up with the cfl's. how are you exchanging the air within the room? you will benefit greatly by having some form of air exchange within your room.

3. Oct 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM #63

Devile

Devile

Devile

I can not use CFL and HPS, it is very hot in my place, when I used Mars led light, I can control temperature very well. Leds can produce less heat.