how many generations can come from one seed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shocked

Reaction score
if one seed grows and before it goes 12/12 cuttings are taken, then those cuttings grow and cuttings are then taken from them before they go 12/12.........how many times can this be done before a new seed needs to be germinated?

i guess it could go on indefinatley thats why people keep a mother plant
for clones :48:
,,,,but i have heard the strain can weaken by doing it over and over again ,,,,but idk :p

yup could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ok im getting bored lol

don't want to take up the space with a mother, and always have problems germinating seeds then hoping for females. been going well so far and haven't noticed a decline or anything.

My friend has kept a strain alive through clones for over 15 years now and counting. Also the answer to your title question is 1. A generation is the result of the breeding of two parent plants. Cloning is exactly what the name implies cloning. Just thought I would clear that up.

I know Grand daddy Purple is clone only and that stuff has been around forever.

Realistically there is no limit to how many clones or moms you can make from one seed.

Latest posts

Back