How many plants can I grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayedKnott

Reaction score
I'm new here and have been like a sponge absorbing all the great info.

I just built a grow box. It is 4'wX3'dX6'h with a 600w mh/hps light. How many plants would be advisable to grow in 12 sqft?

I plan to start them in 1 gal pots and then move them to 5 gal pots.

Thanks!

Sounds to me like you could have about 8 5 gal pots feeling good in there... I'm not an expert myself... And I am stoned right now... hope to finish five plants I'd say :D

i'd say 3 max......that is with a little room in between....check out my journal.....i have 5 plants in 6x4x8ft and they are crowded

I have 11 in a room exactly the size of yours, they are in VEG though... I may have too many. You could grow up to 16 single cola plants or 4 monsters....with about the same yield so its up to you...

Depends on how long you want to veg them and what strain they are but I'm with Puff Monkey--probably 3 or maybe 4. I have 5 in a space 3 x 6-1/2'. Two of them are smaller single cola plants, but I still do not have an over abundance of spare room.

FrayedKnott said:
I'm new here and have been like a sponge absorbing all the great info.

I just built a grow box. It is 4'wX3'dX6'h with a 600w mh/hps light. How many plants would be advisable to grow in 12 sqft?

I plan to start them in 1 gal pots and then move them to 5 gal pots.

Thanks!
do your self a great service and start them in the biggest pots you have......roots need room to grow..and the more they grow the bigger/faster your plants will grow and the less transplanting, the less chance of shocking and hermieing

the main reason i went with tents is because a guy i know uses them.he grows off some killer.thats where i get mine until i get a crop in anyway.but he grows off 6 beautiful plants in a 4x4 tent.talkin luscious.with a 400w&2 fluros hangin on the sides

I'd say do 4 plants, this would be ideal imo. I flowered w in a 4x2x6ht 8sq ft, and I wished I had more room

if you want to achieve small bushes id say 4, 3 gallon pots thats what im currently doing. youre space is same footprint as mine. definately doing scrog in couple weeks.

yeah,i'm going with the lowryders myself.i have too many heat issues without ac.but i have ordered a portable ac unit.at least i will be ready for next summer

Latest posts

Back