hurrican is a comin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please stay safe ,,, we are now get the outer bands of gustav

yes,be safe.i have some connections to the ms. gulf coast.rental units there.hopefully they will be ok.just pray.my son left with his family.tried to get him to come to where i am.says its too far to drive,about 17 hrs.plus hes got 3 babies.long trip with children.pray for all the ones in this already devastated area.thats why i am where i'm at.plus i can not take the humidity down there anymore.breathing probs.thanks all

andy52 said:
yeah i rode katrina out,wasn't much of a hurricane.i was about 5 miles south of the gulf of mexico,in biloxi ms.

5 miles south?, you would have to have been out at deer island, did you mean 'north'?:) i've got kin folk down there that lost (everything) in katrina. i'm what you'd call a southern yankee. i've got homes in both mississippi, and michigan. i prefer hillbilly though.:D . my other home (was) in kiln-delisle, ms. (home of brett favre). i have family all over in southern ms. we heard mayor ray nagin order a mandatory evac. of new orleans east, and west bank last night. you have our prayers gulf coast...

I you do lose power, just put em outside OR, get a generator and run a lamp on em 24/0

I just got a big generator from a dairy barn auction and it will run for 6-7 days continuously on a tank of kerosine, puts out enough power to run the 3 houses, 6 barns and 6500 ft of runway lights no problem

oops north,of I10 well i have a place in saucier,thats where my son lives.me too,i am in michigan also and still have a couple places in ms.i stayed with friends due to the large trees around my house during katrina.i only lost a few shingles.where i was staying they lost the roof off the bedroom i was sleeping in.i was outside mostly,smoking.it just lasted a loooong time.i was back in my house 4 hrs after the storm.of course we lost power for about 8 days.i had just gotten out of the hospital,having surgery.thats what i'm doing in mi. still love the south tho.

I Swear,if that city has to go through what it already has all over again,i dont even know why theyre gonna allowed civilians to return.im willing to bet them levees arent as strong as they say they are.If i lived there,I'd be gettin the heck outta there.and i'd never return to that area again.That City is below sea level.......lets just hope the government can do enough to save EVERYBODY this time.if you have plants,i'd just dispose of them b-4 you leave.if you do put them outside,i definitly wouldnt be putting them on your property.theyre gonna be searching to make sure everybodys out of there i'm sure.(they know theyre in the spot light now after what happened when katrina hit.) I'd put them deep in some woods to be honest.Thats my $.02 on the whole situation.My Prayors are with all of you people that own/live in that area.

I'm right in its path just over the La. Tx. line. I stayed through both Katrina and Rita used 2 generators to keep food and cook for 6 days but for me it was just like a week on the hunting lease camping out. Stay safe everyone this one could be worse than the last 2.

i wish the best of safety for everyone involved.
my opinion on the plants is none other but to put'em out somewhere safe, get out of town, and if you lose the plants so be it. start another grow. don't worry about the plants man, turn your thoughts to safety of you and others. you can start another grow anytime but you just can't start a life anytime.
good luck and god bless everyone.

Okay so the storm was pretty hairy but not a speck compared to Katrina. Plants were kept indside the duration of the storm. They were put under window light.....they look allright and actually are still growing....

the only problem is now I think the daylight schedule put them into flower......i dont even have power back yet....

Man I'm so disapointed in Gustav. Screwed up all my plans LOL

Latest posts

Back