hydro for just the Mother plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zappa

Reaction score
Hey!! Benn thinking about this for a while.. I have just been using a bunch of bag seed untill I get everything right.. I was wondering how long can a mother plant live??? Also I was thinking of doing a small hdro or aero mist to keep it going as well as starting clones but then putting them in soil... Z

Mother plants theoretically with 24 hour light can live forever. I had one for 1.5 years.

I know I said this in another thread just a couple days ago.... I have heard of someone keeping a mother for like 17 years and still going strong.

oltomnoddy said:
Just how tall did that get in a year and a half?

About 2 feet I'd say... 2 feet across as well. At the end I was taking 150+ cuttings from her every 2 days. I would recommend 1/4 dosage of nutes if you are not planning on taking cuttings all the time... i was only on 1/2 dosage and it had insane growth.

KADE said:
About 2 feet I'd say... 2 feet across as well. At the end I was taking 150+ cuttings from her every 2 days. I would recommend 1/4 dosage of nutes if you are not planning on taking cuttings all the time... i was only on 1/2 dosage and it had insane growth.

what type of system were you runnin' Kade? Im using DWC buckets for mothers..

Id say indefinite, Its an ancient plant (dinosaur ancient) it had to last this long some how...
build a drip system for your mother
Kind of similar to an aerospring design but with a spider drip top feeding set a timer for 3-4, 5min feedings a day
You'll Never worry about your mother again, unless you're really really lazy

KADE said:
Mother plants theoretically with 24 hour light can live forever. I had one for 1.5 years.

yes.....a long time. good luck man

Latest posts

Back