hydro system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley

da dopeman
Reaction score
im makin a thread so everyone can tell what kind of system they are running and why the find it the best for them plus this thread will help me pick a system for myself lol

Hello wesley, Ebb & flow was funnest (4me), DWC easiest, both similar in results. I'm now using coco/perlite + organics and getting a more natural tasting flavor with just slightly slower growth rate...not saying the flavor is better, it's a preference...some friends prefer the non-organic flavor.

AeroFlo2, fast & productive. Also, it fits in my room perfect.

First grow, DWC easy so far, just having issues dialing in my nutes and ph.

i did one soil grow a few years back and im doing a DWC now. ive never done hydro before so i figured i learn as i grow and i dont have too many expectations for harvest other than learning what NOTto do.

dont do aeroponics until your more expierenced b/c it is tempremental and not as forgiving as soil or hydro.

ive read up on Fogponics, it looks really cool, and to my understanding the ceramic disc that creates fog by vibrations can collect nutes in the solution. i dont know how cumbersome it is when this occures but the guy at the hydro store said build-up would happen reducing its ability to create fog. their fogponic was for carnivorous plants and they were using only h2o.

to determine what is best for you ask yourself a few ?'s.
how many plants do you want
are all your plants in flower at the same stage. etc..having 6 plants harvesting 2 plants per month and replacing them with 2 more. staggered harvest. if so look up water farms.

good luck

SSH

i dont mine harvest all at once i think it would be best at first i would like to beable to get a nice yeild tho every 3 months or so tho how many plants it takes really dont matter i just wanna learn more ways to grow i would like to try them all down the line its just the cost of the set ups but i got a litter of puppys coming so i got a bit extra to spend lol i want to learn from it also

look at the DIY section for dwc, scrog. The Hemp Goddess has a good thread.

how much weight do you need? ive read that the holy grail is 1 gm per Watt. im shooting for 1/4 gm per Watt.

SSH

i would be happywith 1/2 or 1/4 per watt when workin it out im new to the hydro and the nmore i learn the better yeilds right but what is the holy grail your talking about ? 1 g per watt sounds great

18 galon DWC 18"W x 16"H x 24"L holds 6 plants....... to me its by far the best of system of them all, no pumps, no timers, just 1 sinple air pump and 1 air stone. If you use another system besids the dwc and you lose power for a few hr's your plants will most likely be all done wile in a dwc system no need to worry because the water, nutes, and air are always available to the plants.

wesley said:
i would be happywith 1/2 or 1/4 per watt when workin it out im new to the hydro and the nmore i learn the better yeilds right but what is the holy grail your talking about ? 1 g per watt sounds great

ive read in many places that growers strive for the 1 gm per watt. im a noob so i called it the holy grail b/c i dont see that being attainable. there is alot of expierence on this site so if anyone is close let us know.

yeild is dependant upon the strain and environmental conditions.

so my best bet you think is a dwc can anyone recomend a good dwc system ? i was really think of a ebb and flow maybe a dwc is a good start tho thanks guys

wesley said:
so my best bet you think is a dwc can anyone recomend a good dwc system ? i was really think of a ebb and flow maybe a dwc is a good start tho thanks guys

DWC is the way to go. You can build your own in 10 minutes or less, just buy all the components and put them together, extremely simple. You must keep the temps in the system at 65 to 70 degrees at all times, that is very easy to do with an aquarium thermostat.

Hydro is much easier than soil, I have grown veggies in soil for over 20 years so I can speak from experiance.

so how do i make then or do you no of a link that can show me

in a hydro set up i can get away with vegin for only a month right?

wesley said:
so how do i make then or do you no of a link that can show me

Very easy buy the size container you want to use the bigger the better because it will hold more water ( less ph flutcuation) you can buy a pastic bin or a cooler, on the lid cut the holes for the size baskets you want to use in the location you want to position your plants in, dril a small hole 5/16 or 3/8" on the lid so you can run the air line through, glue the airstone to the bottom of the tank in the center using aquarium silicone, 48hrs latter hook the air line to the air stone and the other end to the air pump, its that simple. With a cooler its much easier to keep the temps in the tank on point, so if you an afford 20 or 30 bucks for a cooler buy it versur the plastic bin.

You should always run your system 24 to 48hrs before you add the plants that gives time for everything in the system to mix properly and get stabilized.

losing power would kill your airpump feed.

Plants will not last long soaking in water with no air.

Its been proven time and time again, Ebb & Flow is the most effective way to grow hydroponically. If the power goes out, you will have time to supplement water/nutrients before the plants dry out, i would prefer this to DWC. DWC is a cool way of growing less plants i believe, but you want a lot of small plants with one main cola, this is sog, and ebb and flow is the preferred method for doing this.

Airoponics is the fastest way to grow, but a pain in the butt if you dont have it dialed.

so would you say a ebb and flow is better for a bigger yeild in a smaller space ?

but dwc is the easest to make any one that is running a dwc with good crops coming off them could i hear a bit about you set up lights /nuts/and how long you wait to switch from veg to flower

wesley said:
so would you say a ebb and flow is better for a bigger yeild in a smaller space ?

umm. yeah, i would say so.

The thing about ebb&flow is this.

The roots recieve the MAXIMUM in ability assimilate oxygen. Reason being, hydroton is the only most effective medium.

Next i would say rockwool, but it retains more water then what i need it for, which is fast growing!

Ebb and flow is just so easy, im going with 30 plants in a 4x4 flood table with a 40 gallon res. 1000w light and proper ventilation.

I expect close to 2 lbs.

Latest posts

Back