hydrofarm hydrohut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehigh

Reaction score
so anyone ever udes a hydrofarm hydrohut or habitat. I purchased two of them. a 3.5 x 3.5 which i made into two levels for clones and veg. I also have a 4.5 x 4.5 i use for flower. after getting them and setting everything up. I have now herd of problems with the material off gassing and causing slow growth or killing plants. any advice, suggestions, thoughts.

I was told the heat had to be vary high for that to be a problem. I hope there is no problem and normal operating temps. Nobody else has any thoughts?

tankdogster said:
I was told the heat had to be vary high for that to be a problem. I hope there is no problem and normal operating temps. Nobody else has any thoughts?

Well Milehighfor what it's worth my girls are doing great in my 4.5X4.5 Good luck.

if you have adequate air movement, you should not have too many problems with out gassing, you are venting arent you?

hydrofarm or hydrohut
well i got nothing bad to say about waterfarms ive used them on multiple grows with great sucsess if that is what your refering to
(HYDRO DRIP SYSTEM)WATERFARMS
as for the hydrohut im not sure but ive used 4.5x4.5 homebox different company same idea had no problems at all everything was a sucsess

yeah mine are hydrofarm habitats, i can't think of the other company but they call theres the homebox. they are essentially the exact same except one has gray trim and one had green, both made of exact same material. My current setup has a 4 inch inline fan exhausting out the top of the smaller 3.5 x 3.5, runs 24 hours a day, and runs over to the side of the 4.5 x 4.5 and feeds into the side of the sealed hood for the 1000w hps. The other side of the hood goes out the other side of the box to a 300-400 cfm cage style fan helping pull it all out of the room. The 4.5 x 4.5 also has a 4 inch inline that cycles on every 15 minutes for 15 minutes. I aso have a large oscilating fan hanging in the bigger tent and a small non-oscilating fan in the small room. I have nothing for intake as when i bought them the "GUY" at the LHS told me i would be fine on a passive system and just open the little screen things at the bottom and the one lower flange hole.
I am also having a issue with bugs after holding a couple plants for a friend in a pinch.. I am considering a tear down and major clean and bomb just to be safe as i only have a few plants right now of questionable genetics. If i do i think i will move them to the sides of the window and build a box around it to accomidate fresh air intake. thoughts??

rip em and bomb you dont want to deal with that
alot of peeps get bugs from bringin unknown plants into the grow room i hate that why do people give out clones/plants without tellin you they have bugs when they know :hitchair:

for real... he had to know to the first sight i got was on one of mine.. so i start checking everything and his s*** was a wonder web land!! i thought i got them out fast enough but man those things are crazier then rabbits!!! heres a couple pics of current setup.. down alot of plants!!!:(

basement 008.jpg

basement 004.jpg

basement 005.jpg

basement 010.jpg

basement 006.jpg

basement 007.jpg

That is one good lookin' grow spot milehigh:D. I like it a lot. Might steal your design:D.

thanks guys.. i woke up early this morning and tore the larger box down. got everything out of the room except the small box, and mixed be a sprayer full of some bleach and water. I am revegging those four plants and two are showing new growth, I cleaned a spot in a spare closet to move those and the t5 fixture to, so i can tear down the other box after i am done with my breakfast. gonna go get some bug bombs this afternoon!!!! I will take photos when i set back up, will be making some major changes.

Looks like a fantastic setup. I wish you the best of luck with the bugs. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back