I cut my light bill in half :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkerz

Reaction score
I have been growing for over 2 years now and have watched my electricity bill go up and up every time I added more lights. I just wanted to let others know that I have already cut my bill in half with solar panels. I plan on adding a few more and then my grow op will be 100% free. I was spending on average $350 more per month. I have cut that down to $150 so far just in my first phase of testing. If your interested there are allot of DIY sites out there. One that I found to be the best and is working for me is hXXp://www.diysolar.ws I will keep you posted on what my results are once I add some more panels.

For others out there reading this, have you ever tried this and what was your outcome?

monkerz said:
I have been growing for over 2 years now and have watched my electricity bill go up and up every time I added more lights. I just wanted to let others know that I have already cut my bill in half with solar panels. I plan on adding a few more and then my grow op will be 100% free. I was spending on average $350 more per month. I have cut that down to $150 so far just in my first phase of testing. If your interested there are allot of DIY sites out there. One that I found to be the best and is working for me is HERE . I will keep you posted on what my results are once I add some more panels.

For others out there reading this, have you ever tried this and what was your outcome?

Cool... you must have a pretty beefy grow room for power to run $350 more! :rolleyes: How many KWH are you using each month in your grow room? What does your power company charge per KWH ? With that much power I'd be more paranoid about it setting off a red flag for the power company so it's great that you pulled a lot of your power use from your solar panels.

Peace!:cool:

In my state they give some kind of credit or even partially pay for solar panels if you switch your whole house over.
Plus if you own enough land they give credit for wind turbines, those big propeller looking things that spin with wind and make electricity.

not tryin to sound liek a pessimist but it seems its some sorta thing that is tru this deal online here an can be done but for some reason i have a feelin this one them online moneymakig deal schemes.
i cant help but think this. if it was so truly amazing why would anyone charge just for the plans to do this even. i mean wouldnt it be nicer to give the plans for free an leave it up to the consumer to decide if he/she wishes to proceed in it and pay for the construction of it himself.. jmo
its kinda like being in a water shortage crisis and chargin people 10 $ a gallon just cuz they can due to the hi demand for it.
if you give me 47.95 i'll tell you how to get rich overnight. LOL

monkerz said:
I have been growing for over 2 years now and have watched my electricity bill go up and up every time I added more lights. I just wanted to let others know that I have already cut my bill in half with solar panels. I plan on adding a few more and then my grow op will be 100% free. I was spending on average $350 more per month. I have cut that down to $150 so far just in my first phase of testing. If your interested there are allot of DIY sites out there. One that I found to be the best and is working for me is hXXp://www.diysolar.ws I will keep you posted on what my results are once I add some more panels.

I have been looking into this myself, I have seen online ready made "kits" that offer ,I think, 90w= 600w, I to would like to indroduce 1 or 2 into my room, would be keen to results however I suspect they will be just fine, here they are really expensive at the min but I am sure the outlay outways the savings. Please keeps us posted.:)

Think this is pretty cool... not so much interested in initial costs as overall benefit. What would really worry is the install & allowing access to the house... how did you get around this?!?

Just an aside, but the bill is so high the local has a program for installing a thermostat that is directly dialed into their main office... they remote control it to reduce total bill. lol... at least they didn't want to check for problems! ;-) I passed, of course...

monkerz said:

Im SO glad to hear this--adding solar is my dream. Im off to look at the site you mentioned--THANKS!

Lass

Latest posts

Back