I have a funky problem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank everyone for helping me with my 1st grow - it's AMAZING. I have several jars full of nugs. yeah.

My second grow -- 2 lovely ladies (attached) in soil (Mutts mixture), small closet grow with flouro - I vegged these gals outside and brought them in for bloom. I've been knocking the ph of tap water down to 6.4 -- measured the ph going in and run off- it's all 6.4. I'm using Ionics ferts - I was using grow up until about a week ago - so the last 2 feedings were with bloom. I have sprayed the leaves with some organic pyola for the spider mites I brought in with them.

OK - so the problem - and I circled it on the 2nd pic - is the leaves are folding - not curling from the tip - but folding under lengthwise. I think they are wilted a bit from transplanting them into the roomy new digs -- I did it about 4 days ago.

Take a gander and let me know what you see.....

lady1.jpg

lady2.jpg

how much you water and how often?
also is ya ph tester callibrated correctly. and electrode clean. i do know that if you dont do some sorta periodic maintanance on ya tester like cleaning and callibrating etc that it can and will throw ya ph off as well. not sayin its the prob but just tryin to eliminate some possibilities is all.
also how much nutes you feed at one given time and how often do you feed.?
dont worry im sure you'lll get it figured out soon wit some further details on things.

I've been feeding every watering, and I water about twice a week -- I poke the dirt and water when it's dry. I mix nutes in a gallon milk jug - maybe use half of it each time I water - between the two so I get 2 waterings out of a jug. I'm using full strength nutes, could be a problem, but they're at about 3 weeks flowering. I'm using the cheesy little paper ph testers -- since it's just soil.

i too have recently started goin wit feedin wit every watering but wit that i down size my dose to 1/4 strength as i water every 3-5 days dependin on how quik they go dry. and all is well on the home front.
but dependin on how the nutes are your usin(which imnot familiar wit) you may need to either do feed then just water the next and keep alternating even.
remember that less is better.
and i say this wit a hard lesson lerned to back it all up IME
if they need more you can always add more too which is so much easier than to over feed an have to hastle wit flushin an nute burns etc. jmo.
i have one girl that did the exact same thing and i backed off on her nutes an she picked back up. i just gave strait water on her the next two waterings an then started wit nutes again at 1/4 strength every watering an she's thrivin now.

QUICK UPDATE: well my leaves are still folding, and now it seems the plants aren't growing since I transplanted them. I'm wondering if it's becuase the soil is to thick and heavy. I used Mutt's recipe - 1/3 perlite, 2/3 potting soil, 2T lime, but the potting soil -- it was cheap, the only stuff I could find without fertilizer in it -- seems very heavy. I tried to loosen it, but the girls aren't growing - and I'm getting very worried. Any ideas?

I'm no Pro but looks like maybe a lil overwated, which is easy when transplanting. Good thread somewhere on the wet and dry cycle. Good luck
and they look pretty good for the most part Got a recent pic?

Latest posts

Back