I Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeaR_EpiC

Reaction score
Hey. I am a first time grower growing 2 plants.
Both are white whidow.
They are both about 3 feet tall.
I turned them to 12/12 about 3 weeks ago.
They are only being powered by 2 48 inch , 2 24 inch, and 1 36 inch fluorescents, along with aerogarden lights in the corner.
I have noticed that the top buds look realy good so far,but the farther down the plant goes the smaller the buds look, the bottom ones are just white hairs. Is the anything I can add to make the buds bigger other than the black strap? Heres a picture of them before I started budding them.​

P1011069.jpg

its cuz your not getting enuff light down there. your using flouros so your light penetration only goes but a few inches to be still efficient and even then your losin some. more tahn you do with HID lighting.

You could try and gradually tie the plants down, making the canopy two feet instead of three feet. That is to say, try and tie it down from the tip, making the plant horizontal. If more of the buds were equidistant from the light, they'd be getting a more even distribution of light, making them more uniform in size. Tie them down gradually, so as not to snap the stem.

Yeah, as zipflip said, you need more light. But if you tie those down as best as possible it might help the problem.

Plus, I believe that some people prune off the lower branches that aren't producing many, or flimsy, wispy flowers. Wait until others comment, because I know nothing about pruning.

Best thing you cld do is add a HPS light to your grow...if that is not an option then you can try what Alistair said...not enough lumens during flowering will leave you with wispy buds and hardly any bud development on the lower parts of the plants...

Sorry, but there is no additive that will take the place of inadequate lighting. You are simply really really underlit and unless you get more/better light in there, you are going to have a very small amount of airy buds.

Sounds like you were the victim of the know-how-to-grow-but-dont guy who tells everyone how you can grow with just a few flourescents. That almost happened to me one time too. Its not too late to get a decent light in there. What is your square foot area of grow?

hmmmm why the 2 different posts? I just answered in the thread below this one, but it looks like the info was already covered.

Latest posts

Back