I wrecked my car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soto88

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago coming back from picking up a sack a lady in a little civic ran a red light and wrecked my car. It was a 2006 cadillac sts and the check came out to a little over 28000 which is much more than I purchased the car. I also got a little more money in a seperate because I had to be out of work due to no car(I also could have chose the 25 a day rental:rolleyes: ). Luckily when they searched my car they did not find the goods and thats partly because of other things I had in the car. I was making an errand for a novelty shop I had previously worked for and the items ranged from dildos to dvds and everything(lube,handcuffs,lingerie) in between. Once he ran into those things he stopped the search completely and let the tow take my car away. I was embarassed bue due to the circumstances ill take embarassment over getting arrested:holysheep:
Sorry if its a bit long...
I refused to go to the hospital as I had no pain at the time...no acting from me*oh my back*:D

While not as nice as the sts Its going to save me a pretty penny. This isnt the exact one but I plan on buying one. I also like it because they are pretty rare....
1G6EL12Y7XU614278_001_LG.jpg

Wow....did they pocket any of those novelties? LOL.

Glad your ok. Pretty car in that pic. Maybe someday I'll drive a fancy car. ;)

soto88 said:
...no acting from me*oh my back*:D
Only if more people did that insurance would be cheaper. Good man :aok:

SmokinMom said:
Wow....did they pocket any of those novelties? LOL.

Glad your ok. Pretty car in that pic. Maybe someday I'll drive a fancy car. ;)
I was so embarassed but it kept me from getting caught with 2 zips of master kush so id gladly do it over again if I had to. Last time im doing my friend a favor by delivering those kinds of goods.

Yea its pretty big and not as modern as the sts but I like the style, power, and the rarity

uh mutt.....

what the hell do you mean? LOL he took a higher insurance payout than what he should have. 28k was MUCH more than what he originally paid for the car! LOL

anyway, congrats man, a bowl to toast you being OK first off. secondly for making money on the deal, and thirdly from getting out of debt. now you are free of a ridiculous unneeded payment.

now do yourself a favor, buy yourself an old honda or somethin that will run forever and put the rest of that money in an online ING savings account. It earns 5% or more and is not tied to an investment vehicle of any sort. no risk as its FDIC insured. hold it there for a few months until you get a grasp on what it is you really "need", not what you WANT right now. Wich subsequently is a cheap piece of crap ie cadillac.
if you want a real luxury car, roll with us Lexus drivers. :headbang2:

seriously though, a car is just transportation from point a to point b.

peace

uh allgrownup...thats nothing.
Most insurance suits start at 50K and thats for minor crap when you throw in doctors and lawyers. 100K insurance limit in this state and can get punitive damages as well.

Sweet car Soto. Convertible Caddies are rare.

I too am a Cadillac man. I own a 1960 Eldorado that I plan on finishing up by next year. It is a hardtop and I am trying to find someone to transform it into a convertible hard top. Kinda like the late 50's ford fairlane.

P.S. Lexus = Over-Priced Toyota

Red-Eye Jedi said:
Sweet car Soto. Convertible Caddies are rare.

I too am a Cadillac man. I own a 1960 Eldorado that I plan on finishing up by next year. It is a hardtop and I am trying to find someone to transform it into a convertible hard top. Kinda like the late 50's ford fairlane.

P.S. Lexus = Over-Priced Toyota

Its like you read my mind. I thought about a lexus and it didnt seem like a good idea. I think the only thing they got going for them is reliability and Since I know someone who will work on my n* for cheap that wont be much of a problem. The 1960 eldo is a nice car by the way

i want the lexus name too.. but lets be honest.. Get yourself a Toyota camry... you get all the same things as the lexus.. just without the fancy L...

But no i'd go with a hunka junk that got me where i was goin and back, and sink the rest of the money into a savings account... oh yes what i could do wit it...

sorry to hear that ur car got wrecked though, ***** when that happens.

at a Mercedest dealership looking at Cadillacs..

thats odd.

Sorry only GM i would buy is a Truck.
And even then, i chose a Tundra.

Glad you didn't get hurt, or busted.
Cars can be replaced and fixed.

Maybe its Karma telling you to buy a German ride..

Well when you think about full coverage insurance on a nice mercedes (s500 or up) it can get really expensive. So expensive that its not worth it especially when you consider repair costs as well. A friend of mine works on cadillacs so whenever I have a problem I always go to him. Theyre comfortable, insurance isnt so bad and the power is good as well. Ive driven other cars when I was younger but nothing has compared to a cadillac. Also I cant drive a truck to work...

Listen to Mr Puffalot...do yourself a favor and get a german car...the best thing i ever bought

Ugh... The German paradox. Nice as hell, but once you put the miles on, EVERYTHING starts breaking. If you like to keep your cars a long time, there are only two European cars I know of that will last... A Jetta and a 9-3.

I can tell you that after comparing heavily the new BMW 330 and the Lexus IS 350....i am a lexus owner. and the reliability was a big part of it, right next to the WAY better quality of leather, softness of seats, way more standard features, the DVD players in my rear seats, similar horsepower, and the smoothness of the ride is non comparable.

So the Beemer drives a little "tighter" while your kidneys are being shook til they bleed but?????? I drive on the freeways way more than the track so i opted for the lexus. I can tell you that in this car you don't even know your doin a hundred, its a rocket, and rides like a cloud compared to the german car.

now.....if we were just talking about performance, and reliability was no issue, or the backseats for the kids, id buy another porsche.

peace out.

Some day i will own a Cadillac though.....But it will be a '67 convertible on airbags and the rest stock/.

If i were you soto, i would find me a nice GM sedan with the 3.8 liter v-6 engine. GM makes some nice platforms, like the Bonneville, and the 3.8 liter engine is good for well over 250,000 miles when regular maintenance is performed. That way you can save most of the cash you got for when you really need it or find something that you just can't live without.

One of my rich uncles swears by the buick park avenue ultra which has the supercharged 3800.HE bought them new and sold them to family member once they hit a 100000 for a couple thousand dollars. Now that they stopped making them he says hes either going with a Bentley continental gt or a maserati quatt(dont know how to spell the whole thing). I dont know why he liked those park avenues so much though. Hes a ceo of a big ball bearing company so his next car will probably be a bit more fitting.

Latest posts

Back