I'm going crazy trying to pick a vaporizer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopsie

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! Maybe someone can help me out a little. I decided I want to get a vaporizer, so I've been doing research, but the more I read the more confused I get. I've never used a vaporizer before, though, so I'll lay out the ones I'm considering and maybe someone with experience can tell me what they know.

Volcano Classic - it's very acclaimed and would be sure to work well, but I really don't like the idea of sucking air out of a bag. Takes the asthetic pleasure out of marijuana IMO. Is this only ideal in a party situation?

Aromed - precise and has water filtration, but looks like a hospital machine! I think I would feel like I was on life support with this, and that would bum me out. It seems fitted for individual usage, which I like, but I've also heard people say they don't feel very high from it.

De Verdamper - has the familiar bong look and water filtration, but without the ability to adjust heat, so it might be less efficient.

Vapor Brothers - a lot easier on the wallet, and you can attach a water filtration unit to it and seems more like "smoking", and I think they are pretty, but I am worried about their quality and I'm not sure they're as efficent as more expensive designs. Wouldn't want to waste any of what took so long to grow.

If anyone has used any of these four I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how you felt about them. Basically I would mostly be using this at home, by myself, and just want it to be casual, healthy, and efficient.

Some time ago I saw a thread, and someone had a link to a great site selling vapes really cheap, I got 1 myself ;) they had digital controls and ceramic heating elements for like $60

Here you go, I found one for $42

hxxp://www.northwestglasspipes.com/digital-vaporizer.html

:aok:

as a person who sells these and reccomends them to multiple types of patients and people i would like u to give me some more info.

what grounds are u getting the vaporizer for?
what would u like to spend?
whats your living status?(alone or with others)

ktownlegend said:
as a person who sells these and reccomends them to multiple types of patients and people i would like u to give me some more info.

what grounds are u getting the vaporizer for?
what would u like to spend?
whats your living status?(alone or with others)
I'm getting it because it's healthier than smoking, it's a more efficient use of the weed, and because I've heard it's a more uplifting and energetic high, which I like more. I'm a writer, so I like to get up in the morning make coffee, get high and then get creative, but I also like to be able to get high and do my laundry. Marijuana is kind of my motivator.

I don't really have a price range. I figure all of them pay for themselves in efficiency, so I'm more concerned with finding the one I'm most happy with, and one that is a really good quality.

I live alone, and I rarely get high with other people.

Thanks for your help!!

Disco94 said:
Go with the Volcano. Probably a reason it is the one I see more often then any other one

I know what you mean. It's like, you can't go wrong with a Volcano, but I'm just not sure if I want to suck out of a bag everyday.

Puffin Afatty said:
Some time ago I saw a thread, and someone had a link to a great site selling vapes really cheap, I got 1 myself ;) they had digital controls and ceramic heating elements for like $60

Here you go, I found one for $42

hxxp://www.northwestglasspipes.com/digital-vaporizer.html

:aok:

Geez, that is cheap. Thanks, Puffin!! Is yours effective at doing it's job?

ok now that thats all cleared up

if you intend on using it every day which i assume u are go with a digital model. expect to pay over $300 for something quality like a Natural goods, Vapezilla, or Digital Volcano. But those will be your most effective and efficent vaporizers. and the main reason i recommend those specifically is due to the maintanence, functionality, reliablity.

with all of those 3 you can find replacement bags, wands, screens, and warranties from almost all retailers. as well as time it takes to actually heat the elment up and be vaporizing. the quality of the high is indeed more of a head high. and ideal for ppl on the go. with a volcano though u have an option to add whats called a "core" so you can use it with a friend turning your volcano into a vaporizing hookah. but you can also inflate a bag and take it with you to have some vapor for lunch. there is a time limit on the vapor stored for later. after awhile it will condense again and form resin on the inside of the bag. Another great thing as that all of them require little to no maintanence. the only parts that ever need to be cleaned are usually cheap and replaceable, or easily cleaned in a dishwasher.

You'll enjoy it fer sure. and yes most of the things you've heard then stated are true.

Fire it up
KT

slyder said:
Ive got a Happy vappy and i love it....ive also got a vriptech that i like but it is cumbersome to use....

Those Happy Vappys are cute. I kind of wanted a way to cool down the air first, though.

poopsie said:
Geez, that is cheap. Thanks, Puffin!! Is yours effective at doing it's job?

yes, works very well, good way to try em out ;) that vocano is great, but the price seems ridiculous, eh :aok:

Disco94 said:
Go with the Volcano. Probably a reason it is the one I see more often then any other one
buddy of mine has one and wow...only one i ever used but he has had several. according to him if you dont get a very high quality($$) one you won't get anything near what you could be getting off it. I liked it but i dont think i could get into it everyday..JMO

If you can afford the Volcano without starving anyone, go for that one. I have always been a big fan of the maxim "You Get What you pay for."

poopsie said:
I know what you mean. It's like, you can't go wrong with a Volcano, but I'm just not sure if I want to suck out of a bag everyday.

No matter what Vap you get, if its a decent one, youll be sucking out of a bag anyway.

It's not really like smoking at all. The flavor is totally different, and the effects are intensified. My only experience with Vaps were with fresh bud (just clipped off of my plants) Works 10x better than smoking fresh bud.

And I know, don't chastise me for clipping my plants to get high, I was on a dry spell. If you want to do the same, vaps work best...

poopsie said:
Those Happy Vappys are cute. I kind of wanted a way to cool down the air first, though.

That is another nice thing about the Volcano...you can fill up the bag and set it aside (up to 1/2 hr) and the vapors cool down right in the bag.:D

Peace...j.b.

I just got a cheaper (150) dollar hotbox and I love it. It's more like smoking a hookah and you can have really great control over what kind of hit you get. Its a nice and simple design and they come in many colors and designs that look great. I don't like the bag thing with the volcano, though my friend has one, and it does work like a dream. All I can say is avoid the handheld ones. They cause more frustration than highs.

as long as u get a digital model using a vaporizer is easy, no matter the cost. but you definitly get what u pay for. with your cheaper models u will find yourself playing with the temp alot more as well as having to stir the bowl the reasons for this is due to the fact the strength of each persons lungs are different as well as how hard u hit it each time may vary causing a variation in the amount of heat drawn through the wand change the quality of the vapor. if you hit it to hard with to much heat you can burn or it or simple heat to much to the point where your vapmoking where ur getting a mix of smoke and vapor.

i have never used a vape before,but i just ordered the volcano,digital.it hurts the walletbut from what i've read and looked at,its the best way to go.i also agree that you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back