Indica vs Sativa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So, by now I would concur we all pretty much know how to answer this question though experience. If you had to choose between a prominent Indica vs prominent Sativa, which way would you sway? This just kind of lets me know how each member rides through this journey we call "high". I myself as of now am more leaned towards Sativa's. Although I would also like to dip into my Indica side when needed.

Most of the old timers in my area say they prefer the indica type buzz. I have gotten to the point that I don't like the sleepy feeling every time, at least in the middle of the day. Then again if you let them go until you have a bunch of amber its going to be sleepy even if it is sativa dominate. My neighbor asked for a couple buds for a golf outing. He tried a smidge of mine and said it was too sleepy for him. Doesn't like the indo he says. Asked if I could spare some of my sativa leaning blend. I walked the 100 feet back over to my house and put the same exact little stash in a fresh jar from the zip lock I carried it over in and walked back. Here try some of this. He loved it.. Now that's what I'm talking about he said. Same exact shiz. I never bothered to tell him any different. My partner from back in the day said he don't ever remember he or I asking our suppliers if it was indica or sativa back when we was buying and selling. Just how many puffs it took you to get stoned. Sometimes we critique the smell, taste, look etc. Never asked if it was indica or sativa. Nobody who was buying from us way back then never asked either. Weed can make you sleepy but some of it is simply a state of mind. Granted I've smoked racey stuff too. Next time you whip a doobie of yours out for your friends tell them it's the opposite of what ever it really is. See what feedback you get. Some of it is perception. My 2 cents anyways.

Most of the old timers in my area say they prefer the indica type buzz. I have gotten to the point that I don't like the sleepy feeling every time, at least in the middle of the day. Then again if you let them go until you have a bunch of amber its going to be sleepy even if it is sativa dominate. My neighbor asked for a couple buds for a golf outing. He tried a smidge of mine and said it was too sleepy for him. Doesn't like the indo he says. Asked if I could spare some of my sativa leaning blend. I walked the 100 feet back over to my house and put the same exact little stash in a fresh jar from the zip lock I carried it over in and walked back. Here try some of this. He loved it.. Now that's what I'm talking about he said. Same exact shiz. I never bothered to tell him any different. My partner from back in the day said he don't ever remember he or I asking our suppliers if it was indica or sativa back when we was buying and selling. Just how many puffs it took you to get stoned. Sometimes we critique the smell, taste, look etc. Never asked if it was indica or sativa. Nobody who was buying from us way back then never asked either. Weed can make you sleepy but some of it is simply a state of mind. Granted I've smoked racey stuff too. Next time you whip a doobie of yours out for your friends tell them it's the opposite of what ever it really is. See what feedback you get. Some of it is perception. My 2 cents anyways.
Some sativas (in my growing experience) are pretty resistant to ‘ambering up’. But yes, I agree. There is a lot to be said for ‘set and setting’ as far as one’s perception of a buzz. The power of suggestion is at work too. I like critiques of my buds but I take most of it with a grain of salt especially since I don’t sell it. I give it away.

I can't tell the difference between the two myself. But I definitely prefer less amber unless I just want to sleep, and as my tolerance has increased over the last 6 months or so I've found insomnia can break through even a heavy buzz. I prefer ketotifen for sleep if I have at least 6 free hours. The ABC buds had no amber and have almost a coffee like affect on me.

I can't tell the difference between the two myself. But I definitely prefer less amber unless I just want to sleep, and as my tolerance has increased over the last 6 months or so I've found insomnia can break through even a heavy buzz. I prefer ketotifen for sleep if I have at least 6 free hours. The ABC buds had no amber and have almost a coffee like affect on me.
Sounds like a good wake up weed

Interesting replies. Thank you. I recently grew out M2 which is a landrace dominant sativa. 14 weeks of flower according to breeder. I let it ride the entire 14 weeks. (soooo long, lol.) I smoke it often, but I never noticed a speedy coffee like high, but it def does not slow me down like other indica strains do.
Gosh, I remember as a kid when I would smoke it almost felt like I was on a trip. I wonder if that weed was laced back in the day now that I think of it. Typical middle school and high school dime bags. Seeds and stems. I find the effects of cannabis to be very intriguing. Also how terpenes can effect the feeling we get.
I would consider myself a moderate smoker nowadays. I use to smoke on the way to work, on breaks, on the way home and throughout the evening. Now I usually smoke in the evening with an occasional day time smoke. Some day I don't smoke at all.
Speaking of smoking, let's roll one up!

Interesting replies. Thank you. I recently grew out M2 which is a landrace dominant sativa. 14 weeks of flower according to breeder. I let it ride the entire 14 weeks. (soooo long, lol.) I smoke it often, but I never noticed a speedy coffee like high, but it def does not slow me down like other indica strains do.
Gosh, I remember as a kid when I would smoke it almost felt like I was on a trip. I wonder if that weed was laced back in the day now that I think of it. Typical middle school and high school dime bags. Seeds and stems. I find the effects of cannabis to be very intriguing. Also how terpenes can effect the feeling we get.
I would consider myself a moderate smoker nowadays. I use to smoke on the way to work, on breaks, on the way home and throughout the evening. Now I usually smoke in the evening with an occasional day time smoke. Some day I don't smoke at all.
Speaking of smoking, let's roll one up!
I think concerning the youth the pipes are clean and everything is new and non calloused so to speak.

Latest posts

Back