info needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjah

Reaction score
i have 4 plants that i just cut off the top 3 inches and stuck them in to hopefully clone. my ? is:

what will my plants do?

can take pics if needed.

I have never done the tops. I take from the bottom for clones. Sounds like you just topped them. Did you use any clone solution/gel? It might work. Put those in a lit up dome, and let us know.

The cuttings should root like any other cutting would.

The plants should grow a new pair of branch tops from the nearest node. If you cut the tops directly through a node (FIM technique), multiple pairs of branch tops could grow.

I sometimes take the tops and flower the bottom...I do this if Im looking to detirmine sex...the bottom will show if male/female in a week and if female I keep the clone going..if its Male I pull the clone...

take care and be safe

I hope you used some sort of rooting hormone...roottone, clonex,willow branch water, w/e. Give it 24/7 soft flouro light and (typically) should throw roots in 10-14 daze. There are other strains that can take alot longer, but that is purely anecdotal from other growers. IME and practice, the sucker shoots (lowest branches) contains the most amount of B1 which triggers the rooting hormone. This is because in nature, the bottom branches reach the ground and throw roots at the growth node, aiding the air layering means of propagation.

no rooting hormone. put superthrive and an aspirin in the water i put the clones in before planting and put superthrive in the water i spray and water with. since it seems all i did is topped the plants i am not too worried about them. if the clones i took take then cool, if not i'll have more later.

can clones root under 12/12?

I gotta warn you; I used superthrive in a bubbler once; it grew slimy stuff on the cuts; plain water worked like a charm.

thanx King i'll keep an eye out.

as far as rooting hormone i was thinking either Olivia's or Homex anyone use these or have a preference? any opinions welcome.

Latest posts

Back